View post (Yet another song!)

View thread

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
03/16/2007 9:28 pm
Superhuman and Shaz, your comments are much appreciated and respected. Both of you have much more talent than I.

The drums could be fixed probably with some patient composition on Guitar Pro, but that would probably be the best I could do. The RSE always seems to poop out on me. The loop I was using on this track was just a preset on my crappy digitech pedal. I got lazy, so thats what I used... :o

The phaser may call for a total re-recording of that track, because I had it added on my amp...So removing it is not really a possibility. I just got to listen to my stuff on good speakers today for the first time, and it could definitely use some eq'ing. Headphones will do that to you. I try to find a median between my headphones and crappy laptop speakers, but apparently that doesn't apply to good speakers. Bass kind of over powered the rhythms at times....

I'm definitely going to try to rework some things when I find the time, and I'll see if I can find a way to use the advice you gave me, despite my inadequate recording software.

Thanks again for the comments and constructive criticism. Always appreciate it from the caliber of players we have here. Truly the best guitar site I've found. :cool:
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.