Marshall

12/04/2013 7:13 pm
So bieng the gear addict i am,i just bought a Marshall,DSL15 ,i will let u know what i think in my review.
# 1
maggior
maggior
12/04/2013 9:06 pm
I just looked this up for curiostity - looks like a cool amp.

Did you get the combo version or head version? If the head, which cabinet did you get?

I have gear addict tendencies (we probably all do to a certain extent), but they are usually overridden by my practicality tentedencies. For each of my 3 guitars I own, I spent over 4 hours playing them in the store convincing myself I was making a good decision.
# 2

12/04/2013 11:59 pm
hey how ya maggior,i bought the combo dsl,i know it has a triod to go from 15 watt,to 7.5 watt.celestion greenback 1x12.and from the demos i heard it kicks a#s,caint wait i just orderd it today and got an awsome deal at MF,original price is $600,i stole for $ 400.now thats a deal or what...i love my blackstar ht5rw ,but like i said im hooked,i will be able to retire on the gear i own.and the funny thing is i buy and buy and buy all these toys and halv of them are on display hahah.i use what i like and thats its.but the cool thing about ownin more then one amp,you can set one of the amps one way with pedals ect,and have the other set up another way with or with out pedals.u get the point.so now im a proud owner of 4 amps,3 tube,one solid state,that litte line 6 and for $99 that little guy is great for metal chord progessions....what kind of guitars do you have ...so now i have a total of 4 guitars all prs,and 4 amps,my wife says im insane,maybe so but im haveing the time of my life.
# 3
maggior
maggior
12/05/2013 3:16 am
Cool. Sounds like you got a good deal. I'm interested to hear what you think of it once it arrives.

I have a 2000 American Standard Strat. It's got a standard floating bridge, maple fretboard, and 3 color sunburst which I always thought looked so cool. It was the guitar I always lusted after as a kid in high school. I also have a 2007 Les Paul Studio from the "faded" series in cherry. It's similar to what they call the Les Paul Junior (LPJ) these days. It was a great way to get into a Les Paul without breaking the bank.

When I first got my Les Paul, I didn't play my strat much. I went back to lighter gage strings on my strat (from 11's back to 9's) and now I'm finding I like my strat a lot again. I like having the 2 different tonal options between single coil and humbuckers. I also like the different feel I get from each guitar. Each has its own personality and quirks.

My acoustic is a Seagull S6 Gloss I bought back in 2000. I just had that setup professionally to bring the action down and love playing it again.

Last year I bought a Peavey Valveking combo amp. It's a 50W tube amp. It's my first tube amp and it really sold me on the tube sound. I was blown away at how responsive it was to my playing. My other amp is a small Crate practice amp I bought back in 2000 when I got my strat. It's in my upstairs music listening where I store my guitars. It's handy to have if I suddenly have the urge to play. My Peavey is setup downstairs in my practice area.

Last summer I got a Zoom G5 effect and amp simulator. I'm still struggling with it to get the type of tone I want out of it. It was cheaper than buying all of the effects I was interested in. I just have to spend time to get used to configuring it. It is fun though.

I had a Line 6 POD 2.0 that I just sold on EBay since my G5 basically replaced it. I can't believe Line 6 is still making these! They are great and quite road worthy.

I'm always eyeballing Les Paul Traditional guitars but there's no way I can justify buying one of those. For that to happen, my son will have to start playing, inherit my LP Studio, thus justifying my upgrading to a LP Traditional. He's only 6, so I have a few years for that to happen :-). If I have to wait for my younger son who is 4, it will be even longer of a wait.
# 4

12/05/2013 1:31 pm
thats sounds awsome my friend,nice gear i like crate amps and the 50 watt tube peavey wow,thats alot of power u got goin on.how is it that u dont disturb ur nieghbors at full power on that peavey,or are u like me and dont really care?..ya know i always wanted to buy a fender strar,maybe the delux,or standard ect.im a huge fan of prs guitars i just love the feel and tone from them i bought my first prs back in 1986 when paul introduced the custom 24 to namm,i paid $1250,today its worth 3x more now,i wish i still had it,big mistake when i sold it so i can have my car repaired.well when i bought my 2012 custom 24 it was pretty pricey,$2999.00.but i would love to get a fender strat,its kinda been eating at me to buy one already,which i just might do if i can hide it from my wife lol.got my eye on the the 62 stratocaster mod squad man this axe looks amazin,it has that worn in look which i like,has a lightweight alder body,c shape maple neck,3 pickup configuration with a humbucker at the bridge and single coils at the mid and neck,you can check it out at sweetwater ,the mod squad 62 strat.u gotta love it allitte pricey at the moment but ya never know with addicts i just may drop a dime on it.and another guitar i have both eyes on is the Ibanez,jem7v7,or Ibanez js2400,i like them both ,i never had a guitar with a floyd rose trem.but i will give you my thoughts on that marshall dsl im sure it will be all positive...good yappin wit ya.happy hollidays.
# 5

12/05/2013 1:42 pm
i was gonna buy the zoom g5, i was so close to buying it.and yes it is a money saver the cost of pedals today are crazy.u go and buy a wambler fuzz or anything from wambler your gonna drop two bills easy,same with the mad professor same cost $199 for one pedal to me thats crazy unless you have it like that to spend.so im kinda regreting not goin with a mullti effect,instead i went with a pedal board.but its not really to late to go with a multi effect ,i can always try and sell the pedal i have on ebay.the one thing that stoped me from goin with the g5 is i wacthed a you tube video,and it seemed so complicated to use,but like u said its all fun messin with it to find ur tone ur looking for .goodluck with that buddy,have you used the looper yet i bet that got to be a blast.
# 6
maggior
maggior
12/05/2013 4:55 pm
Originally Posted by: axe2i was gonna buy the zoom g5, i was so close to buying it.and yes it is a money saver the cost of pedals today are crazy.u go and buy a wambler fuzz or anything from wambler your gonna drop two bills easy,same with the mad professor same cost $199 for one pedal to me thats crazy unless you have it like that to spend.so im kinda regreting not goin with a mullti effect,instead i went with a pedal board.but its not really to late to go with a multi effect ,i can always try and sell the pedal i have on ebay.the one thing that stoped me from goin with the g5 is i wacthed a you tube video,and it seemed so complicated to use,but like u said its all fun messin with it to find ur tone ur looking for .goodluck with that buddy,have you used the looper yet i bet that got to be a blast.

It's not so complicated when you have it connected to a computer where you can mange the effects and the memory banks. The looper is one of the features I've mastered and is indeed a blast to mess with. With undo enabled, you only get 30 seconds, but that's actually quite a bit especially since you can loop it indefinitely. There are some really cool youtube videos demonstrating how you can lay layer on top of layer for a really cool end result.

I've heard great things about PRS. One of my favorite artists (Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree) uses one. If you don't own a strat, I think that would make a good addition to your collection. Strats are unique and are easy to tweak as far as setup and stuff goes. Good luck hiding it from your wife if you get one :-).

Alway happy to yap about gear! You have a great holiday too!!
# 7

12/06/2013 6:48 pm
back at ya ,happy hollidays.so i went and spent some more dough @ MF.i bought a cool guitar display case for my usa prs custom 24.color is black on black,solid wood with black felt on the inside and of course the hanger.i been wanting this for a while now,and my wife is cool wit it lol.im gonna display it wright in my liveing room have the perfact spot for it.so i couldnt stop there i had to buy a amp metal amp stand for the marshall,which i have a good spot for that too.i gotta tell ya as u already know,these tube amps are powerfull,i really dont know what im gonna do with 15 watts of juice.my god my 5 watt tube amp cranks.so most of the time im only useing the pre tubes,i just found out today what that power tubes sound like,just amazingly loud and so sweet.i hope that marshall has an emulated headphone jack,like the one on my blkstar plug ur headphone into the emulated HP jack turn the power on and keep the standby off i can play all knight that way.and it sound way better out from the headphones,idk why that is.whata ya think about the I STOMP by zoom,its that single pedal with multi effects and bluetooth?....hey have you ever checked out the guy who displays ,30 pedals in 30 days?,if not you should google it ,he does this once a year,there is one pedal that i would love to get my hands on of course i forgot whats its called but it is a dist pedal,with a built in noise gate and it has a couple of extra input jack ,so u can plug in any pedal right into it while its hooked up through ur chain.this thing sounds so damm good.check it ,u will dig it...peace be to all....
# 8
maggior
maggior
12/06/2013 9:20 pm
I have an amp stand. It's essential in my opinion. One of the things I liked about using my Line 6 POD with my amp was that the knobs faced UP to make it wasy to see what I was adjusting. Since I don't use that any more (sold on Ebay this week), the amp stand raises and angles the amp so I can make adjustment really easily.

I honestly didn't know what I was getting into with my 50W tube amp. Yeah, I could go with a lot less. But, with the gain adjustments and stuff, I can drive it hard without annoying my neighbors (or my wife and kids :-).

Good deal on the display case.

Enjoy!
# 9

12/07/2013 12:25 am
yeah the cool thing with the DSL15 is that the controls are face front,i like that,with my ht5 BS the controls lay flat kinda on the back side of the amp,so its allittle pain in the a#@ to make adjustments,cause u caint see them while ur sitting.now if ur standin it wouldnt be a problem.but for me i prefer to sit on my bar stool and jam...either way i love this blackstar it really has allot of great tones.sounds amazing.have u ever checked out the strats that suhr puts out,i hear they are bad to the bone, kinda pricey though.theres a ton for sale on ebay....he makes pedals too,but not cheap ones.if ur gonna buy a suhr pedal,expect to pay $200.i think he was the head builder for fender then parted ways and now he has his own line of guitars ,pedals maybe amps not sure on the amps.they look great,a used one sells for around $2300.....a buddy of mine bought two of them and he swears there the best feeling guitar he has ever played.to each there own,but worth checkin into.idk if i can find a really good deal on ebay ya never no what a gear addict just might do.peace bro ,back to the amp stand that might help me with my BS AMP as of now i have it sitting on 3 foot stool so its hard to see the knobs,and the DSL the knobs are face front ,so i will use the stand for the BS,and the stool for the DSL......GOOD POINTER WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT..
# 10

12/08/2013 10:52 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&list=PL5nNMYZtt4HaYecePTmSvNGwJUUOpfTbT&v=UAqgtSqJac0......................................combohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&list=PL5nNMYZtt4HaYecePTmSvNGwJUUOpfTbT&v=UAqgtSqJac0
# 11

12/11/2013 2:22 pm
ok so to my suprise fed ex showed up lastknight at 8 oclock.and he droped off my amp dslc 15.i only had a ten min chance to fool with it as we were puttin up the tree.all i can really say at this moment ITS AMAZIN OMG THIS THING IS A BEAST I PLAY IT AT HALF POWER 7.5 WATTS,.WELL ANYONE CAN WACTH THE YOU TUBE VIDEO BUT U HAVE TOO HEAR IN PERSON HUGE DIFFERENCE,FOR THE BETTER.THE CLASSIC GAIN CHANNEL TONAL NOTE:IS BASED ON THE DSL 100 HS CLASSIC GAINCHANNEL,PRODUCING A TONE REMINISENT OF AN EARLY 1959 PLEXI SUPER LEAD HEAD. ULTRA GAIN CHANNEL,TONAL NOTE:PRODUCING A HIGH GAIN MID BOOSTTONE BASED ON A HOT RODDED JCM800.EQ,TRBELE,MIDDLE,BASS,PRESENCE.DIGITAL SPRING REVERB,CHANNEL SELECT,TONE SHIFT,DEEP BUTTON.5 YEAR LIMITED WARRENTY.FROM WHAT I DIALED IN LASTKIGHT I WAS PLAYIN SOME OLD LED ZEPPLIN TUNES ,SOUNDED GREAT MAN,THEN MESSIN AROUND WITH THE DIALS PREIST TOO SACTH BOOGIE.THIS AMP IN MY MIND IS JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKIN FOR.1X12 GREENBACK SOUNDS SWEET.AND I HAVENT EVEN GOT STARTED YET.I HAVE TO WACTH MY DAUGHTER TODAY,BUT WHEN MY WIFE COMES HOME,GAME IS ON.AND I REALLY THOUGHT I WAS OVER MY HEAD WITH 15 WATTS FOR JAMMIN IN MY LITTE GUITAR ROOM BUT I WAS WRONG TRIOD MODE IS 7.5,PENTODE IS UR FULL 15 WATTS.MERRYCHRISTMAS TO ME FROM ME...ILL HAVE A BETTER REVIEW THEN THIS ONCE I REALLY DIG DEEP INTO IT...OH I FORGOT THE EQ WORKS ON BOTH CHANNELS,AND IT DOES COME WITH A FOOT SWICTH TO CHANGE CHANNELS,OR SHUT THE REVERB OFF OR ON.NOW I NEED TOO GO SHOP FOR AN AMP COVER ON EBAY...
# 12
maggior
maggior
12/11/2013 3:19 pm
Sounds like a new fun toy!! It must have been tough to resist while putting up the tree. Bet that was the quickest tree putting up ever! :-).

Enjoy!!
# 13

12/12/2013 2:21 am
thank you,and it is a fun amp,very solid
sounds amazin.
price was right.
i think ill be takein a break from my blackstar.
# 14

12/16/2013 5:32 pm
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s582/axe1141/CU24SPRBCF-xlarge_zpsdb4fcf8b.jpg
# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.