View post (Marshall)

View thread

maggior
maggior
12/05/2013 4:55 pm
Originally Posted by: axe2i was gonna buy the zoom g5, i was so close to buying it.and yes it is a money saver the cost of pedals today are crazy.u go and buy a wambler fuzz or anything from wambler your gonna drop two bills easy,same with the mad professor same cost $199 for one pedal to me thats crazy unless you have it like that to spend.so im kinda regreting not goin with a mullti effect,instead i went with a pedal board.but its not really to late to go with a multi effect ,i can always try and sell the pedal i have on ebay.the one thing that stoped me from goin with the g5 is i wacthed a you tube video,and it seemed so complicated to use,but like u said its all fun messin with it to find ur tone ur looking for .goodluck with that buddy,have you used the looper yet i bet that got to be a blast.

It's not so complicated when you have it connected to a computer where you can mange the effects and the memory banks. The looper is one of the features I've mastered and is indeed a blast to mess with. With undo enabled, you only get 30 seconds, but that's actually quite a bit especially since you can loop it indefinitely. There are some really cool youtube videos demonstrating how you can lay layer on top of layer for a really cool end result.

I've heard great things about PRS. One of my favorite artists (Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree) uses one. If you don't own a strat, I think that would make a good addition to your collection. Strats are unique and are easy to tweak as far as setup and stuff goes. Good luck hiding it from your wife if you get one :-).

Alway happy to yap about gear! You have a great holiday too!!