GT Solo Assignment Jan'07

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
01/21/2007 4:25 am
That was beautiful Shaz. Did I hear some Satriani influence? Definitely sounded like it. You own my vote thus far.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 1
Bluegrasslimey
Bluegrasslimey
01/21/2007 10:12 am
Originally Posted by: maestro shazHey, Thanks Rick...

I loved your tone man... About my tone, that sound u were thinkin of is Chorus, that's all I was using and a bit of Reverb. I love this backing track, so far it is my favourite out of all the backing tracks I've played on here.

Reason why, is cos I've never ever played this style before and it was a challenge for me :eek: At first I couldn't play to the track, the rythm and such just threw me off, cos mostly I'm into speed and neo-classical type rock.

But finally I got down the feel of the track and I've completed my take for this month...

So listen here for Jumpin' Frog Groove - GT Jan '07

Please enjoy and comment

PS. Rick, you gonna complete the whole song? If I remembered correctly, you only had about half of the song done. I'd love to hear the full song with that killer tone of yours which I am unable to compete with :D

Shaz man that was amazing. If i didn't know it was a backing track i would swear that that was an orriginal piece. This may not be your normal style but heck you got it nailed. It certainly put my meagre effort in the shade. You have got real class and the Satriani influence was surely there. Outstanding job. I better keep practicing to keep up with your awesome guitar playing.

You got my vote for sure.
:eek: [FONT=Century Gothic]Just groove, ya know ya wanna?????[/FONT] :eek:
# 2
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
01/21/2007 1:47 pm
Grizzly and Bluegrassy, thanks for the comments. It influences me.

About Satch influence?? :eek: You guys are DEAD ON!!!! :cool:

I would not be playing today if my father never ever showed me that song titled 'Always with me, Always with you' by the great man Satch himself.

Thanks once again guys!!!

Cheers :cool:
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 3
WERNER 1
WERNER 1
01/22/2007 5:29 pm
:cool:

That was real nice man... I started laughing out loud when I heard the finger tapping/hammer on stuff in the middle section... Much too busy for me, but real nice either way. (After soooooo many years of being chastised for "over Playing", I've learned to try and match the "feel" of the song a bit more vs. just letting it "Eat" like I used to....gives me a little bit of room to let things progress and build as the song moves on....

If I want to get speedy on this one, I'll have to switch to my Custom Shop Soloist (My shredin' guitar.. :D ) ... The Kramer just doesn't lend it's self to flying all over the place. :(

You get your self a real nice recorded tone, and you'll be one your way that's for sure...

Like your self and many others (it seems..) on here, this track was pretty difficult for me to find something that in my mind "fit" the track in trerms of feel and also melodicly.... I haven't re-visited the track since I did that 1/2 track take, maybe I'll take some more time this week and see what I can come up with....

Rick
# 4
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
01/22/2007 10:16 pm
I listened to a few of the tracks and they sound great overall. I'm still having trouble getting it right, but I'm still messing around with it.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 5
The Allmighty Zach
The Allmighty Zach
01/23/2007 8:44 pm
Originally Posted by: WERNER 1Thanks Equator!! That really helps me out a lot as I've still not had a chance to listen to everyones take(s).

"Carvin Dude" - If this is in referral to me, then thanks!! I've been dialing in "my" tone for over 25 years,.. and sometimes it just feels like I'm chasing my tail...:(

Rick

Well it sounds great! Damn 25 years, you've been dialing in tone longer than Ive been alive! lol

And Shaz loved your take as well.
# 6
force_of_shred
force_of_shred
01/26/2007 8:12 am
hey all Ive finally got the time to record a track.

it's likely not up to snuff with your guy's work, but I wouldn't mind some
criticism.

oh but don't tear into me this was for fun ;)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=536361
" "this tone ain't workin for me" is the first thing a guitar player says when he hasn't done his homework"- Bob Rock
# 7
1Adam12
1Adam12
01/30/2007 3:27 am
Well, here goes:

1Adam12 - GT Jan 07

An alternate title could be: "How to Force the Pentatonic Where It Don't Belong"
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.