View post (GT Solo Assignment Jan'07)

View thread

WERNER 1
WERNER 1
01/22/2007 5:29 pm
:cool:

That was real nice man... I started laughing out loud when I heard the finger tapping/hammer on stuff in the middle section... Much too busy for me, but real nice either way. (After soooooo many years of being chastised for "over Playing", I've learned to try and match the "feel" of the song a bit more vs. just letting it "Eat" like I used to....gives me a little bit of room to let things progress and build as the song moves on....

If I want to get speedy on this one, I'll have to switch to my Custom Shop Soloist (My shredin' guitar.. :D ) ... The Kramer just doesn't lend it's self to flying all over the place. :(

You get your self a real nice recorded tone, and you'll be one your way that's for sure...

Like your self and many others (it seems..) on here, this track was pretty difficult for me to find something that in my mind "fit" the track in trerms of feel and also melodicly.... I haven't re-visited the track since I did that 1/2 track take, maybe I'll take some more time this week and see what I can come up with....

Rick