Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
05/20/2006 8:37 pm
yay! as the title suggests, I'm happy! today I tried out for a band. and you'll never guess (given I'm happy and everything) what the results were. ok, I'll kill this very lame suspense and this sarcasm. I MADE THE BAND! yippee! they had me play around with the drummer and the other guitarist (the bassist just quit, and the singer flaked out) they had about 10-15 songs that they said they knew/were in the process of learning, so they quickly ran through them and were amazed at how quickly I picked them up. I learned 4 songs in under an hour (yes, I'm amazing, I know, worship me). anyway, they went in the back to talk it over, came back 10 seconds later and offered me the position. so I'm in!

the style of music is kinda blah... sum 41, dashboard confessional, nirvana, etc. but they said they wanted to get into some more hardcore stuff. they asked what kind of music I was into, and I mentioned metal and their eyes lit up. turns out me and the other guitarist especially like all the same metal bands. the other guitarist, btw, is a girl, and she's really cute! ;) so yeah, starting with this alt. rock stuff, but we may evolve to metal eventually. and in July we have to play a show for an hour at a fair. yeah! I'm pretty stoked! it's so awesome.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
rockonn91
rockonn91
05/20/2006 8:39 pm
SHWEET.

yeah, Ive never tried out for a band. so kudos to you there. sounds as if you already have a chemistry going there, so keep it up. :cool:
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 2
strat-man
strat-man
05/20/2006 9:37 pm
Congrats dude :) i hope one day myself to be able to play a song from start to finish without screwin up! :( a mate from work is gettin a drum kit soon so i'll have someone to jam with at last!! gets kinda lonely playin to a empty bedroom :o
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 3
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
05/20/2006 10:29 pm
Congrats.
My band, however is on the decline. 2 of the members have lost interest and are off to college. :(
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 4
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
05/20/2006 11:25 pm
Congrats, 6strngs! :)

And Eric, when the band starts breaking up, either form a new one, or strike out on your own!
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 5
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
05/21/2006 12:16 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsthe style of music is kinda blah... sum 41, dashboard confessional, nirvana, etc. but they said they wanted to get into some more hardcore stuff. they asked what kind of music I was into, and I mentioned metal and their eyes lit up. turns out me and the other guitarist especially like all the same metal bands.

Congrats dude!Don't let the current sound discourage you from injecting your own rampaging ideas and feel.Establish yourself and your place in the band.
Try once,fail twice...
# 6
pure
pure
05/21/2006 12:51 am
yeah umm... get some pictures of your band.. EVERY member. don't miss out anybody, i wanna see your band members. make the pictures nice and big and post them here.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 7
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
05/21/2006 4:35 am
Originally Posted by: pureyeah umm... get some pictures of your band.. EVERY member. don't miss out anybody, i wanna see your band members. make the pictures nice and big and post them here.

yeah i wanna see them too..erm... EVERY ONE of them alrite...BIG pictures...

man that sounds great..i personally think i wud never go far as finding a band...ive been making my own songs...its real hard to look for people with the same taste of music sometimes ya know...
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
05/21/2006 4:46 am
umm, I'll see what I can do about pictures, I guess? the band used to have a myspace, but it seems to have disappeared.
my spyspace
# 9
lyricchic
lyricchic
05/21/2006 6:46 am
Congrat's man! Four songs in an hour - that's fantastic! I must admit I'm jeleous :D
Don't worry. I shred.
# 10
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
05/21/2006 10:25 am
I envy you, you already got a drummer! :p

I had a guitar player come over here 2 weeks ago, to be evaluated for our 'band' and he was just like you explained, same taste in bands, same playing style, also wants to play metal, sometimes you can't believe such coincidences occur.

now show me some pics!
= good music is good drinking =
# 11
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/21/2006 1:24 pm
nice one bro...now get it together and post summin for us to listen to...and a picture of...um...all of the members.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 12
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
05/21/2006 2:16 pm
congratulations, thats quite awesome indeed, and get some pics and maybe some songs as soon as you can
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 13
pure
pure
05/21/2006 5:53 pm
man you're lucky. i'd have to go miles to find a band to play with, and i live in the largest city in america. probably cause i live in the ghetto. i could get 40 drummers if i wanted to but not any guitarists. so you're lucky. and man, only 4 songs in an hour? they better be real good songs and not just 3 power chord songs. remember to get some nice BIG full-body pictures of... the band members.. dont forget anybody.
# 14
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
05/21/2006 6:29 pm
Originally Posted by: pure i could get 40 drummers if i wanted to but not any guitarists.

I can see it now... "Pure's forty-one member percussion orchestra - the next big thing!" :D
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 15
pure
pure
05/21/2006 6:58 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraYou just want to get a pic of the female guitarist, for your pron stash.

no i don't. i just wanna see the people in his band. besides they're gonna have clothes on.whatever gave you that idea? my girlfriend's all i need..
# 16
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
05/21/2006 7:09 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraYou just want to get a pic of the female guitarist, for your pron stash.

that's what I was thinkin... lol. she's a minor dude... 16... I don't know how old you are, but if it's 18+ then that's just wrong! well, maybe if you're like 18-19... but if it's 20+... that's just wrong!

and yeah, I know what you mean about having to travel miles, this band is about 22 miles away from my house... my car gets 22 mpg... it's gonna be 4 gallons of gas per week to just practice... at $3.20/gallon (but it's supposed to go up about $.16 over memorial day weekend next week) is $12.80/week which is about $51.20 per month in gas!!! that's gonna be like 1/16 of my month's wages just to practice! grr.

I have one of their demo cd's with like 4 songs on it.. if you can tell me how to get a song from cd onto the internet I can post 'em for you. of course, this will be the band BEFORE I joined, so the one guitarist is switching back and forth from lead to rhythm and it doesn't sound right.
my spyspace
# 17
pure
pure
05/21/2006 9:59 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsthat's what I was thinkin... lol. she's a minor dude... 16... I don't know how old you are, but if it's 18+ then that's just wrong! well, maybe if you're like 18-19... but if it's 20+... that's just wrong!

and yeah, I know what you mean about having to travel miles, this band is about 22 miles away from my house... my car gets 22 mpg... it's gonna be 4 gallons of gas per week to just practice... at $3.20/gallon (but it's supposed to go up about $.16 over memorial day weekend next week) is $12.80/week which is about $51.20 per month in gas!!! that's gonna be like 1/16 of my month's wages just to practice! grr.

I have one of their demo cd's with like 4 songs on it.. if you can tell me how to get a song from cd onto the internet I can post 'em for you. of course, this will be the band BEFORE I joined, so the one guitarist is switching back and forth from lead to rhythm and it doesn't sound right.

I'm 15, and im not like that.. i just wanted to see your band.

if you want to put the music online, just use http://www.soundclick.com/ it hosts as many mp3s as you want it to and its free. songs must be in mp3, and no more than 10 minutes long. you should know how to get the songs to your computer...
# 18
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/26/2006 4:35 am
alright, as per request, I finally have a picture of the whole band:

from left to right: Nick (drums), Samantha (lead guitar), Marcus (bass), Johnny (vocals), Me (rhythm guitar)

we played that show btw, it was pretty awesome, had a total of like 10 people come watch us. lol. anywayz, the band has taken some time off now for various reasons, and haven't actually practiced for over two weeks. the band got together yesterday to discuss future plans, I couldn't make it due to the road I usuallyt use to get there being closed due to a fatal traffic accident involving a big rig... but they pretty much decided on doing some originals and some covers, one cover they decided on is a breaking benjamin song that I looked up tabs for today only to find it is in a drop Bb tuning!!! I'm thinking there's no way I'm gonna play that without a 7-string. *sigh* we'll figure something out. I wanna play metal though!!! grr, I wanna give the boot to the singer, cause frankly he only shows up to practice half the time, never answers when we call to find out where he is, and when he does show he just complains, or says his throat hurts... and has way different tastes than the rest of the band (he likes linkin park for cryin out loud!) oh well.

btw, the only sound clips of the band I have were recorded before I joined the band.
my spyspace
# 19
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/26/2006 2:03 pm
As far as the lead singer goes... get used to it. Every one I've ever met has been like that, and he sure looks the part.... like a prick/chump. Anyway, glad you're having a great time.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.