View post (Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
05/20/2006 8:37 pm
yay! as the title suggests, I'm happy! today I tried out for a band. and you'll never guess (given I'm happy and everything) what the results were. ok, I'll kill this very lame suspense and this sarcasm. I MADE THE BAND! yippee! they had me play around with the drummer and the other guitarist (the bassist just quit, and the singer flaked out) they had about 10-15 songs that they said they knew/were in the process of learning, so they quickly ran through them and were amazed at how quickly I picked them up. I learned 4 songs in under an hour (yes, I'm amazing, I know, worship me). anyway, they went in the back to talk it over, came back 10 seconds later and offered me the position. so I'm in!

the style of music is kinda blah... sum 41, dashboard confessional, nirvana, etc. but they said they wanted to get into some more hardcore stuff. they asked what kind of music I was into, and I mentioned metal and their eyes lit up. turns out me and the other guitarist especially like all the same metal bands. the other guitarist, btw, is a girl, and she's really cute! ;) so yeah, starting with this alt. rock stuff, but we may evolve to metal eventually. and in July we have to play a show for an hour at a fair. yeah! I'm pretty stoked! it's so awesome.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace