Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

aschleman
aschleman
07/26/2006 2:12 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaAs far as the lead singer goes... get used to it. Every one I've ever met has been like that, and he sure looks the part.... like a prick/chump. Anyway, glad you're having a great time.

Haha! I ws going to say the exact same thing... He looks like a poser.

But like PRS said. you're going to have to deal with it. In the world of bands you'll find that it's a lot like relationships. If one's not working out for you... you can atleast keep them around till you find something better to move onto. But it sounds like you got a pretty good foundation to build off of.
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/26/2006 5:56 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsalright, as per request, I finally have a picture of the whole band:

from left to right: Nick (drums), Samantha (lead guitar), Marcus (bass), Johnny (vocals), Me (rhythm guitar)

we played that show btw, it was pretty awesome, had a total of like 10 people come watch us. lol. anywayz, the band has taken some time off now for various reasons, and haven't actually practiced for over two weeks. the band got together yesterday to discuss future plans, I couldn't make it due to the road I usuallyt use to get there being closed due to a fatal traffic accident involving a big rig... but they pretty much decided on doing some originals and some covers, one cover they decided on is a breaking benjamin song that I looked up tabs for today only to find it is in a drop Bb tuning!!! I'm thinking there's no way I'm gonna play that without a 7-string. *sigh* we'll figure something out. I wanna play metal though!!! grr, I wanna give the boot to the singer, cause frankly he only shows up to practice half the time, never answers when we call to find out where he is, and when he does show he just complains, or says his throat hurts... and has way different tastes than the rest of the band (he likes linkin park for cryin out loud!) oh well.

btw, the only sound clips of the band I have were recorded before I joined the band.

Whats the prob with drop B tuning, you wouldn't need a 7 stringer for that. Heavier strings is all. I go through a lot of tunings when I jam, from standard, all the way to drop B....all with a set of 10-46. The lower srings buzz becuase they're not that heavy, but it still sounds good.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
07/26/2006 7:05 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccWhats the prob with drop B tuning, you wouldn't need a 7 stringer for that. Heavier strings is all.

It also helps to have a guitar with a relatively long scale.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
07/26/2006 7:25 pm
It's not real good on your neck or truss rod to go from real low tunings to standard tunings a lot. It's alright to do it everynow and then. But make sure you're not changing back and forth numerous times in one day. The constant tension and then lack of tension can cause stress fractures in the grain of the wood... tiny little cracks that you may not be able to see... unless you have a thick coat of lacquer or paint... these cracks will allow moisture a one way ticket in... Then comes the warpage. If the cracks are exposed to too much humidity they can get bigger and even lead to broken necks... Obviously this is the extreme case... But just use caution when tuning your guitars to really low tuning then back up to high tunings... Especially if you're using heavy guage strings... the added tension just makes it that much worse.
# 4
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/26/2006 9:30 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccWhats the prob with drop B tuning, you wouldn't need a 7 stringer for that. Heavier strings is all. I go through a lot of tunings when I jam, from standard, all the way to drop B....all with a set of 10-46. The lower srings buzz becuase they're not that heavy, but it still sounds good.

not drop B, but drop Bb, or A#. my strings are 10-52 GHS boomers. I go to drop D no problem, Drop Db is one of my favorite tunings, Drop C is bearable but I think it's getting a little too low, drop B is way too low for my tastes, and really starts sounding bad. but drop Bb?!?! it's insanely muddy sounding, and the strings just kinda flop around with not really much tension on them anymore... it's rediculous!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 5
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
07/27/2006 12:32 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsmy strings are 10-52 GHS boomers.

If you seriously want to tune that low set your guitar up with 12s. If you practice enough getting used to the thicker strings won't be a problem.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 6
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/27/2006 1:18 am
Originally Posted by: AkiraYour singer looks like a freakin' prick.

Drop tune your guitar, open his throat, and shove that mother ****er down it whilst playing some seriously heavy ****, that ought to sort him out.

he's actually an alright guy... just kinda... well, a brat.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.