Seeing as Bush has won (the popular vote, anyway)

kingdavid
kingdavid
11/03/2004 4:06 pm
Looks like Dubya's coming back.
Well.
Personally I was rooting for Kerry (the vast majority of us who are not Americans were). Not so much because I can point out the good points that are there about Kerry (I haven't been too keen on his credentials or his lack of them), but rather because, by and large, I do not like what being a "conservative" tends to mean. And not just in America. In quite a few other places. Stuff about the history of the slave trade, civil liberties, socially sensitive stuff like abortion and so on. I consider myuself centre left. A respectful and not overly raucous liberal. So a conservative winning is not my cup of coffee, but I guess I have no option but to live with it.
I'm also dissappointed by the fact that Bush has decisively won the popular vote. For this reason:
In the 2000 elections, he lost the popular vote, meaning that by and large, we could always argue that no matter what **** ups he executes, he after all doesn't have the popular mandate of the American people. We could console ourselves that seeing as the majority of Americans, for example, were opposed to unilaterally invading Iraq, he was doing it against their wishes, and there wasn't too much they could do beyond the protests.
And now they go and hand him the popular vote.
Which tells me they approve his actions.
That inspite of what the rest of the world feels about Bush (about his actions, actually), they got his back.
That despite the centibillion (it's a coupla hundred billion, right?) dollar deficit that his adminstration has racked up, they want him to keep doing what he does best (whatever that is).
That despite the Iraq fiasco, it's all good with them.
I guess with Osama breathing down your necks from _____ miles away (the dash is since you don't know where he is), you had to go for the guy who looks like he'd do a better job of fighting terror. I'm thinking that's why Americans gave him their mandate this time round.
I could sulk for ever, so I'll just stop here.

This thread is for sulking, yelling, celebrating the victory, whatever.
Have a ball.
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/03/2004 4:57 pm
Well Im as sick as a parrot.

I guess a country gets the government it deserves !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
SPL
SPL
11/03/2004 5:25 pm
If I weren't an atheist, I'd be praying for America right now...
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/03/2004 5:48 pm
Don't blame me! I voted for the Redsox.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
11/03/2004 5:51 pm
Well, I voted for Bush, so I'm extremely happy he got re-elected.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 5
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/03/2004 6:21 pm
I agree with Dr. Simon.
I'm not sick as a parrot, but every country gets the government it deserves.
The worst part of it is however that I watched CNN until 7.30 Swedish time
thinking "well they've had 4 years to prepare for this election, soon we will have he result".
But nope, 4 years wasn't enough. What is it with your voting system?
I've never heard of any other countries having this much problem with voting!
So the result didn't really bother me that much since I find politics boring
(even though a small part of me wanted Kerry to win), it's just the waste of time that bothers me.

One thing I've been wondering about is:
Has there ever been a losing candidate who is such a poor loser that he just
says "well screw this, I'm going home" and just resign from his post in frustration?
I probably would (I don't fancy losing).
# 6
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
11/03/2004 7:21 pm
I am pretty happy he got elected. I give Kerry my respect for not contesting the Ohio vote.
Member of band: Amphiptere (am-fi-teer)
Genre: Speed Metal, Thrash Metal
I am: Lead guitar
# 7
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
11/03/2004 8:30 pm
I'm bummed. It hasn't really sunk in yet that I'll have to put up with 4 more years of dubya. At least this isn't like Cuba, and we know there'll only be 4 more years of the Bush Regime. I'm worried that since all the supreme court justices are old, dubya is gonna replace them with conservative douche bags to stop things like stem cell research and abortion. The republicans also have a greater control of the Senate now, so expect some conservative legislation to come down the pike.

As long as I don't get persecuted for being an Atheist, and all the chicks I knock-up can still get abortions, then I'll deal.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 8
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/03/2004 9:06 pm
Originally Posted by: mc9mmOne thing I've been wondering about is:
Has there ever been a losing candidate who is such a poor loser that he just
says "well screw this, I'm going home" and just resign from his post in frustration?
I probably would (I don't fancy losing).

I was talking to a couple of my friends yesterday, and I said "My concession speech would just be 'Good Job. Now I'm going to get hammered.' My victory speech wouldn't be too different. Sure, I don't drink, but that still makes for a good speech."
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 9
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
11/03/2004 9:39 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggI'm bummed. It hasn't really sunk in yet that I'll have to put up with 4 more years of dubya. At least this isn't like Cuba, and we know there'll only be 4 more years of the Bush Regime. I'm worried that since all the supreme court justices are old, dubya is gonna replace them with conservative douche bags to stop things like stem cell research and abortion. The republicans also have a greater control of the Senate now, so expect some conservative legislation to come down the pike.

As long as I don't get persecuted for being an Atheist, and all the chicks I knock-up can still get abortions, then I'll deal.

Not all republicans are conservative.
Member of band: Amphiptere (am-fi-teer)
Genre: Speed Metal, Thrash Metal
I am: Lead guitar
# 10
SPL
SPL
11/03/2004 10:14 pm
Originally Posted by: DreamRyche2112Not all republicans are conservative.

You're right. People tend to forget what being a democrat or republican is all about. It's merely about having certain political and economic ideals.

However, with Bush in charge, I can't help but to be scared about the people he'll appoint.
# 11
HDJ
HDJ
11/03/2004 10:41 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggI'm worried that since all the supreme court justices are old, dubya is gonna replace them with conservative douche bags to stop things like stem cell research and abortion.

I must say that's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. Do Atheist believe in murder or something, because that's what stem cell research and abortion involves.....

Yes, I am a conservative Republican...........
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 12
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
11/03/2004 10:45 pm
For the past few months I had the feeling that Bush was going to be re-elected , even though the polls nearly tied as it got closer to the election day.

There are few points I want to link together :

1) The majority of the world never approved the legality of the war against Iraq , nor did they buy the ****load of lies Bush's cabinet used to justify the war.
2) Bush didn't gave a damn , and went to war anyway.
3) All the claims of WMDs possessions , links to terrorist groups , etc. turns out to be hoax , and the whole world is sure that this governments can't be trusted or taken for granted anymore.
4) Most of the americans vote Bush for a second term !!

I want you guys to conclude what other nations think of americans right now ... And let's hope that Bush doesn't rely on this population's approval and lauch few more possible wars against Syria,Iran or any other nation.
# 13
Hootayah
Hootayah
11/03/2004 11:00 pm
I think the only reason Kerry lost is cause he's so friggin weird looking.
Personally I'd want anybody but Baby Bush back in power but looking at Kerry's strechy face for four years.... yeeesh.
Hey you kids! Get outta that Jello tree!! :mad:
# 14
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
11/03/2004 11:00 pm
I have to be short, but I am appauled by the fact that he won and even the way he won. It's just sickening to think most of my own countrymen (and women, cant forget those) are being fooled again by this man. It's just a great dissappointment, and I hope the rest of the world forgives us. The next four year ought to be interesting. :o
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 15
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
11/03/2004 11:05 pm
Not to meantion beyond the fact that BUSH won, but now the republicans control the House, Senate, and the Supreme Court (which will be soon). So now he's going to be able to get away with anything. I'm not much for considering myself apart of any political party, I think they're all messed up in some way. But it's worse having one control the entire government.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 16
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
11/04/2004 12:25 am
I voted for Bush. I don't know how anyone could bring themselves to vote for that two-faced piece of work, Kerry. There's nothing he wouldn't do or say to try to get elected. At least Bush has convictions and doesn't shift opinions with every poll.

P.S. Whooooohoooo!!!!
# 17
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
11/04/2004 12:32 am
Originally Posted by: 3rd_degreeburnOut of the "whole world" that didnt approve of this war..I could care less about the French (I hate them with a passion) the Germans and the Russians who all have nice big deals with Iraq and its oil and what better what to screw up a oil deal then approve of a war one of the countries you get oil from....hmmmmm :cool:

When I say the whole world I really mean the whole world , not just the top countries in the security council or the G8 ... Remember strikes in every nation before the war ?
Even if these countries you talk about only cared for their investments , at least they didn't have to go for war like your own country to get these oil deals !

I dont like the 2 that much but to me Bush is the better one..You want to talk about Hoax's then lets talk about Kerry "famous" Vietnam record that he built his campaign on but it doesnt matter now because Kerry LOST.. :D

I think it's obvious that I'm not american , and discussing a patriotic or a shamefull military record in the US army is none of my buisiness .... But for an outside viewer ,I think Bush's record doesn't really seem much better , if it isn't much worse !

Back to the main point , which is the hoax Bush used to justify the war ... How can you still trust this administration , and give them your vote for another term ?

* Girls are allowed to attend school.

Do you mean that girls never went to school in Iraq before the US invasion ?
That's very funny , I think you mixed up between Taliban's Regiem and Saddam's !! :rolleyes:
Sad but true , I think that's how western's opinions about the arabs and muslims are shaped ... You only learn about a bad thing that happened here or there , and generalize it !
# 18
SPL
SPL
11/04/2004 12:35 am
Originally Posted by: ChristophI don't know how anyone could bring themselves to vote for that two-faced piece of work, Kerry. There's nothing he wouldn't do or say to try to get elected. At least Bush has convictions and doesn't shift opinions with every poll.

Thanks, that made me laugh.
# 19
SPL
SPL
11/04/2004 12:39 am
Originally Posted by: JFRICKI must say that's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. Do Atheist believe in murder or something, because that's what stem cell research and abortion involves...

Believing that stem cell research should be done, and that abortion should not be made illegal have NOTHING to do with atheism.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.