- Stevie Ray Vaughan Artist Study: Welcome
- Stevie Ray Vaughan Artist Study: Gear & Tone
- Texas Shuffle: Lesson
- Texas Shuffle: Performance
- Pentatonic Licks: Lesson
- Pentatonic Licks: Performance
- 12-Bar Blues: Lesson
- 12-Bar Blues: Performance
- Slow Minor Blues: Lesson
- Slow Minor Blues: Performance
- Soulful Blues: Lesson
- Soulful Blues: Performance
Vaughan was a master of the 12-bar form and would often alternate between rhythm and lead parts. This time weâ€™ll do a three-chorus 12-bar blues cycle in A mixing rhythm & lead playing with minor and major pentatonic licks.
This example has a heavy shuffle rhythm with alternate strumming in A. The riff includes sliding 6ths and string bending for the first chorus. The second chorus simplifies the riff and adds in lead fills with minor pentatonic blues and briefly visits major pentatonic in bar 8. The example concludes with a classic double-stop turn around ending.