- Stevie Ray Vaughan Artist Study: Welcome
- Stevie Ray Vaughan Artist Study: Gear & Tone
- Texas Shuffle: Lesson
- Texas Shuffle: Performance
- Pentatonic Licks: Lesson
- Pentatonic Licks: Performance
- 12-Bar Blues: Lesson
- 12-Bar Blues: Performance
- Slow Minor Blues: Lesson
- Slow Minor Blues: Performance
- Soulful Blues: Lesson
- Soulful Blues: Performance
Now letâ€™s check out Vaughanâ€™s approach to a slow minor blues, which is much quieter but still intense aspect of his style.
This example is in the key of C minor with the reduced tempo and mood of a slow minor blues giving us a lot of room to stretch out. It uses C minor pentatonic blues scale and jumps to F minor pentatonic blues for â€˜Fm7â€™ (iv chord). Many signature SRV moves including hybrid picking, fast trills and sliding blues scale licks.