Highest_Type.mp3 - Shakeel and Bosch - FusionShred

Bosch
Bosch
04/30/2004 4:43 pm
Hail to all of those who advocate genuine Frogs,

Shakeel and I recorded yet another beef, (medium to well done :rolleyes: ).

Call it wat you want, but (green) FusionShred is wat we came up with.

Highest_Type.mp3

Save as:

http://home.hetnet.nl/~centrifugal_frog/Highest_Type.mp3

It's seriously happy shredding! Hope you find it worthwile to have checked out.

All feedback is welcome as long as it's in GREEN!

Regardz,

Shakeel and Bosch

"What then is truth? A movable host of metaphors, metonymies, and; anthropomorphisms: in short, a sum of human relations which have been poetically and rhetorically intensified, transferred, and embellished, and which, after long usage, seem to a people to be fixed, canonical, and binding. Truths are illusions which we have forgotten are illusions- they are metaphors that have become worn out and have been drained of sensuous force, coins which have lost their embossing and are now considered as metal and no longer as coins".
# 1
Bosch
Bosch
05/20/2004 9:13 am
Come on guys, .. it's killer :cool:
"What then is truth? A movable host of metaphors, metonymies, and; anthropomorphisms: in short, a sum of human relations which have been poetically and rhetorically intensified, transferred, and embellished, and which, after long usage, seem to a people to be fixed, canonical, and binding. Truths are illusions which we have forgotten are illusions- they are metaphors that have become worn out and have been drained of sensuous force, coins which have lost their embossing and are now considered as metal and no longer as coins".
# 2
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
05/20/2004 8:37 pm
its boring..like all of your other music compositions that uve posted...no offense
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/20/2004 8:44 pm
Hey Bosch,
Please don't take this as a negative comment, it is not ! However,
have you thought about checking out Jon's other site guitar war ?
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4
sambob
sambob
05/20/2004 9:35 pm
Doesnt' really sound like any fusion I've ever heard.
# 5
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/20/2004 10:37 pm
Ok, so the recording is nice and tight and it is well recorded. However, how about a song with vocals and all that ? I'm not a shredder and really cant compete in the notes per min department and I'm not a huge fan of Steve Vie etc so please take my criticisms with a pinch of salt cos I'm not in tune with the whole shred thing but I'd go for the dynamic and add some structure and a hook of some sort.
Anyway keep on plucking dude !
# 6
sambob
sambob
05/21/2004 12:51 am
Dr Simon.. maybe what you're trying to say is.. its not really a song. Theres the little bit with the bass and guitar (in unison I believe) that is repeated a couple of times. But aside from that, its just jamming over a bass lick.

Thats how I feel at least.

I like the playing though, although it gets a ltitle boring after a while. Maybe you need some wider intervals, some badass rhythmic groupings.. something kind of Shawn Lane-ish.
# 7
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
05/21/2004 1:18 am
Originally Posted by: ketsueki15its boring..like all of your other music compositions that uve posted...no offense

Ouch.

... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 8
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/21/2004 1:19 am
Well.. NO !

Having a PhD I am, when sober, quite able to articulate the sentiments I wish to convey. Further, when conversing in UK or US English I am normally able to do this with out the use of an interpreter !
# 9
Bosch
Bosch
05/21/2004 7:17 am

# 10
basics
basics
05/21/2004 10:45 am
No, it's a song, an instrumental, with a song format and all that. I just woke up but it's some decent guitar work. Your buddy play bass, so it's you and a bass player?

You people seem content in tearing down somebody who's proud of his/her work, which is alright I guess, seeing as people put their music up for opinion. IMO we're all in it together, being musicians, and we should take that into account before we trash those who put their dignity on the line.
# 11
Bosch
Bosch
05/21/2004 10:50 am
Originally Posted by: basicsNo, it's a song, an instrumental, with a song format and all that. I just woke up but it's some decent guitar work. Your buddy play bass, so it's you and a bass player?

You people seem content in tearing down somebody who's proud of his/her work, which is alright I guess, seeing as people put their music up for opinion. IMO we're all in it together, being musicians, and we should take that into account before we trash those who put their dignity on the line.

I second that.

Some people are so anxious to atack, I truly wonder what's their need for this compensation....... :rolleyes:

Bass = sampleloops
Buddy = Shakeel: he plays some solo's too.

Rgrdz,

~Bosch~
# 12
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
05/21/2004 5:50 pm
Basics, there is nothing wrong with what we said...He put it up on this website (doing that alone is going to get opinions and criticism)
..I personally thought it was boring and I think Dr Simon did too..Is that tearing down sombody who is proud of their work? No its criticism and opinion in which they can choose to accept it or not accept it....

thats life buddy
# 13
Bosch
Bosch
05/21/2004 5:57 pm
On other fora, dominated with skilled players, the climate is much more relaxed, positive and enthusiastic. Here I sometimes get the feeling wannabees are crying out. ;)
# 14
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
05/21/2004 6:07 pm
why did you edit my post..there is nothing wrong with sayin tht his music is boring
# 15
Bosch
Bosch
05/21/2004 7:09 pm
shut up and play y'r guitar!

.... or might that be your problem :D

post on hero! ;)
# 16
basics
basics
05/21/2004 7:31 pm
I'm going to wait until you post your own music, ketchup15, to determine whether you've got a right to say anything or not.

ANYBODY can say somebody's music is ****, and to me that opinion is ****. Present to us concrete proof that allows you to say what you do, ketchup, or forever shut your ****ing punk mouth.
# 17
basics
basics
05/21/2004 7:41 pm
...sry, day off and I sat out in the sun too long.
# 18
sambob
sambob
05/21/2004 8:23 pm
Bosch, the reason why you may feel like people are always 'attacking' you, is EVERY WORD you type *************

Now, I know that you probably are not, and theres just some kind of weird language barrier thing going on here. But whether you like it or not, thats how you come across to a lot of people.

And I apologize to Dr Simon, the one in need of sobriety in that situation was ME. Further proof of why people shouldn't post after bonging 11 beers.

Bosch if you don't like peoples opinions on your music, you shouldn't even let us hear it. Thats the only way you'll get only positive feedback.

Edited by DrSimon. Flaming people is Bad and will result in, at the very least, bad things happening to your post.
# 19
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/21/2004 8:25 pm
OK so first up no one has a right to post on these boards. You are guests on this forum and will abide by its rules or be banned. You also agreed to abide by the forum rules when you signed up for your membership.

You do have a right to have an opinion (that doesn't need to be qualified), however, that has nothing to do with this forum and everything to do with the first amendment, please do not confuse the two.

Having an opinion doesn't mean that it is correct or even that there is such a thing as correct. Further, holding an opinion does not mean that it is better or even equally to anyone else's opinion. Some are a lot more elegant and intellectually robust than others.

Now can we please not get into hosing down the decks with testosterone.

You do not have to rip some one a new one when offering criticism. I may not like someone's playing / song-writing, but I do respect them for doing it. I also respect people for having the balls to put one of there recordings up on the internet and saying to world in general.. ok go on take a free shot ! That is why when I offer constructive criticism, I always try to be positive regardless of whether I liked it or not which is by and large irrelevant.

ketsueki15, you also know why I edited your post !
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.