While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...

SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
09/06/2003 9:12 pm
Originally posted by Zeppelin
SLY: i suggest you learn some history before you start talking about the 1973 war.
Israel was mainly attacked by 2 countries: syria and egypt and not only egypt as you said.
We won this war not because of the usa (even though they did help us), but because our regular army soilders were able to stop the syrian attack in the north for 3 days untill reinforcements arravided.
Stoping syrians in the north, allowed israel to move most of their troops to the south where egypt (which was surprised by its fast progress and success of its attacks)
stoped the attacks for a few days.

I know what I'm talking about !!

Syria attacked from the north , but they didn't make it any far that's good enough , that's why I haven't stressed on that.
But from the egyptian side , they crossed the suez canal , destroyed the two defense walls , and swept into the Sinai peninsula , while the Israeli airforce weren't able to fight back , cuz of the major casualties , and the anti-aircraft missile defense system (built by russians) .

Israel didn't wake up from the first shock untill the U.S. aids arrived , and that was very obvious.

I haven't got all my info from media , I've actually talked to people who were in this war .
One of my relatives was in London at that time , and he tells me that media there was of course saying that Israel was on top of everything for the first few days , after that, it was so hard to hide all of the truth.

I know that missleading information are even taught in schools of Israel ... They teach children that Palestine was no bodies (empty) land , till the Jews settled there , then the arabs cried "that's our land" ... Yeah , empty land , so where the hell 5 million palestinians came from , dropped by parachutes from hell ?!
# 1
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
09/06/2003 9:19 pm
Originally posted by PonyOne
Small ethnic crimes?????

Sorry, I may have missed the expression ... I didn't mean that when they were thrown out of England , slayed in France and Spain was a minor crimes , not at all.

But generally , Jews , at given time periods , were best living in arab nations , and no one can deny that.
# 2
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/06/2003 10:43 pm
So what?

Look; All around Israel/Palestine are Arab countries. The Israelites have a right to live too, you know.

I don't see why the Palestinians don't just move into one of the other Arab nations. The Israeli's can't, because they'll be screwed, in that the Arabs hate the Jews already. Then again, I don't see why a Jew has to live in Israel; Big deal, it's holy land. It's also bombing land. I wouldn't have my kids living there, not in a million years. Considering that I'm not religious, don't blast that remark in my face; It's just how I feel, that's all.

~Incidents
# 3
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
09/06/2003 11:07 pm
Speaking of Israel:

Abbas Resigns; Israel Bombs Gaza City

http://webcenters.compuserve.com/gatewaynet/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-1107&idq=/ff/story/0001/20030906/171514117.htm&sc=1107

Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 4
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
09/06/2003 11:38 pm
Incidents Happen - Dude , I also don't see why don't Jews just keep living where they came from , just like every body else.
Personally , I'm not religious at all too , but I know very deeply religious muslims , and I've never heard any of them mentioning that he/she wants to move into Mecca !

Also bear in mind that it's a holy land to palestinians too , plus it's their home , they inherited it from their grand parents (whom probably might have been jews ,christians or whatever in the past) ... So why do you ask them to move into another arab nation , while they already have their own .
How would you feel if we asked you to leave USA and move into Canada , cuz New York is a holy city , and we want to establish a new religious country over there.

On the other hands , Non-Palestinian Israelies already have their homes in the countries where they came from , and the fact that it's a holy land to them doesn't give them the right to occupy it by force ... It's like Buddists in the U.S. for instance , taking over Tibet cuz of it's holiness ... Or a muslim nation invading Saudi Arabia to take over Mecca for it's holiness too...
For sure it's more complicated when it comes to palestine cuz it's different religions , but it still doesn't make sense , does it ?

Why don't everybody just live where they came from , and separate religion and spiritualism from politics and relationships with other people.

Finally , the fact that most arabs don't like Israel , doesn't mean that it's the same for Jews in general ... Have you ever heard of a Palestinian suicide attack on Jews anywhere else other than Israel ?
I'm just saying , that even palestinians don't hate Jews in general , but it's natural for them to hate people who are occupying their land by force , right ?

# 5
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/06/2003 11:48 pm
I wouldn't mind living in Canada.

Beats the hell out of getting blown up.

~Incidents
# 6
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/07/2003 4:51 am
Pony: 1 Trillion
Sly: Zippo

That was a nice political ass-kicking, Pony.

~Incidents
# 7
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
09/07/2003 9:32 pm
One of my relatives , who's american (he lives in alabama as I can remember) , was fired from his job right after 9/11 just cuz he's muslim ... He still can't find a job by the way , and one time he was asked to bring the CV of each one of his relatives who are living in egypt ... Can you give me one good reason , or a method to do this ?
His son who's a couple of years older than me got lots of threats that he was afraid to go out of his home , cuz he's muslim too !
I've heard that some people were severly injured , and others were killed after recieving similar threats .
Sorry that I don't have much personal stories to tell , as I don't live in the U.S. , but I'm sure you can dig for more if you want.

Anyways, it's very hard for me to believe that Jews are getting a more hard-time living in America & Europe than arabs , specifically muslims.

I've also heard Jewish people IN THE MEDIA , saying horrible stuff about muslims in general , refering to them as "Snakes" , "Bunch of killers" , "Breeding like ants", etc.

As for the expression "antisemetic" , it has been extremely overused ,and it is usually used to terrify anybody who bitches about Israel ... It works well for western societies , whom have been brutal to jews over centuries , but when were the arabs anti-judaism ??

Back to my main question that you avoided... Why do you leave your country , travel over seas , just to fight some people over their homes , which happens to be nearby places you find to be holy ? Won't it be satisfying and more peacefull if you just visited your holy places time to time like everybody else ?

# 8
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
09/07/2003 9:36 pm
Originally posted by Incidents Happen

~Incidents

From what you've just said , I can figure out that you don't have the feeling that you realy belong to the U.S. ... Ask the same question to any patriotic american , and get me the answer I wanted to hear .
# 9
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/07/2003 10:02 pm
Israel is not the Palestinians' "Inherited Land." Before this whole controversy, the Palestinians were a nomadic tribe. They're just being pansies for no real reason. Israel has a right to that land. Besides, no matter what we do, Israel will always belong to the Jews.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 10
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/07/2003 10:50 pm
Originally posted by SLY

~Incidents

From what you've just said , I can figure out that you don't have the feeling that you realy belong to the U.S. ... Ask the same question to any patriotic american , and get me the answer I wanted to hear .

No, I belong to the United States of America; I don't belong to a country where towel-heads blow up people because of their religion, everyday. If the United States were the size of Israel, and my people were being blown up, you can bet your ass that i'd get the hell out of there, and that the average "Patriot" would do the same. Look, when you go to work with fear every morning that your child might get blown up on a hijacked school bus, because some Arab decides he wants to make a difference, that's where it draws the line. Americans put family ahead of patriotism, and right now, Americans aren't very patriotic; partially due to the fact that our leader is a warmongering idiot.

~Incidents
# 11
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/08/2003 9:28 pm
Its should be noted that 90%+ of American citizins are NOT American...Its a melting pot thats been out on the stove too long and has lost its original ingredients as a result.The majority of chinese citizins are...you guessed it..chinese!Wow!A country's citizins that can claim heritage to the soil.Unless I was native American I cant find anything to be patriotic about besides protecting myself,family,friends and posessions(notice I put myself before my family).I'm Scotish and Italian(I'm a mut).I can trace my Italian side right back to Italy...mabey I'll move some da...eh..I'm to much of a lazy American.
Try once,fail twice...
# 12
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
09/09/2003 1:23 am
Originally posted by PonyOne
No. I think everyone has a right to live anywhere (I am American, after all). If an Arab, African, Jewish, Latin, Asian, Aboriginal, Indian, Native American or whatever family wants to move in next to me that's cool. Doesn't really bother me, even if they have totally different political viewpoints, even political viewpoints that I find abhorrent.

That wasn't my question ... What I meant was , how would you react if some people decided to takeover your place , and they tried to remove you from there via massacres (Deer Yassin) and spreading terror among your people , so that they all leave.

I agree with you that everyone has a right to live anywhere ... But if that's how you think , why can't Palestinian refugees live where they came from?

The more I read your posts the more it becomes evident that

a) you may not have gotten your news from the media, but you have gotten it word-of-mouth from people who got it from the media somewhere down the line

b) you know little about middle eastern history

c) you know next to nothing about Jews

a) and you get the news from God cuz you're the chosen people, right ? ;) LOL

b) I know little about middle eastern history ??
No, it's you who knows wrong , cuz you don't live there , and you nevr get the chance to know the real thing ... Same about Islam .

c) Can't argue about that with you , but I think I know what I need to know .
Also , you said stuff about 5000 years ago and so , what makes you so sure that these are true ?!

For isntance, you said something to the effect of "why can't they just go back to their homes?" This is such a blatantly uninformed question... here. Let's look at the levels of reason as to not wanting to "return home."

After the holocaust (which really was set in motion in the mid 30's, but didn't reach full swing until 1940-45), you had more than half of the Jewish populace ERADICATED. Instances of people who had previously been friendly neighbors with Jewish families instead turned in their neighbors to Nazis; in some towns in dominated nations, Jews would be rounded up and executed for German commanders to prove loyalty to the Nazi regime, to spare themselves.

Usually after the Jews in an area were rounded up and killed or sent to a concentration camp, there was a house with belongings in it left behind. Since the place no longer had a legal owner, the townspeople would often just go and loot the place, and someone else would move in. So, consequently, people who managed to survive their entire families being murdered would go back to THEIR HOMES, only to have a stranger open up the door and threaten to kill them if they left. Nevermind the fact that many Jews couldn't face returning to a village where former friends sold them out and their wives/husbands/children/parents/cousins were thrown into incinerators and burnt alive after being months of forced labor in the cold with no clothing and no rations, and the times that those same townspeople ran them back out of town.

The war may have ended but the attitude that got the war going was still alive, and even though the collective guns of the US, UK and USSR were pointed at Central Europe's collective head, it couldn't phase deep-seeded hatreds.

So where do you go? In the case of my girlfriend's family, they were Palestinian. They moved to Poland in the 1880's, and sent a couple kids to the US. The remainder stayed in Poland until WW2. 3/4 of her family died in camps; the other quarter returned to Israel. Considering they were one generation away, it's not like it was horrible.

I think I mentioned what you've just said before ... Because Jews were brutally treated in europe , they took their revenge from Palestinians , with a pretty much of a religious myth in their minds .
The question here is , what did the Palestinians do bad to the Jews ... Before the Jews occupied their country ?
Why do the Palestinians have to pay for the crimes commited by europeans against the Jews ?

If someone who's realy big , kicks the crap outa you , this wouldn't be an excuse for you to kick crap outa anybody who's smaller than you.
What kinda sick ideology is that !

You note the fact that there are 5 million Palestinians... there sure are... that's about as many people as live in Seattle. It's really not that many. Besides, back in the 40's, there were fewer... it's not like they've been in stasis for 65 years. You also fail to note the fact that more than half of the Israeli Jews are at least 75% Arab. Why? Because after we got out of Auschwitz, there were about as many Ashkenazi (European) Jews as there were Sephardic (Arab) Jews.

5 million palestinians are may be a few number , but you fail to understand that they are ALL ... I don't see your point of stressing out that , cuz they are few , you disrespect their right to live where they came from ,so you can kick them out of their place, and tell them to go live by their neighbours ?

Same sick way of thinking !

Or if you mean democracy & serving the interests of the majority , I think you mentioned something below that shows in which direction Justice should flow.

The Jews have been there in some capacity for the better part of 5,000 years, and we never left. A good number of us, after being slaughtered by the Romans, moved up north, but more stayed than moved. As we moved up north and intermarried, a large group of Jews who were caucasian emerged... but yeah, the Holocaust, you know... kind of obliterated them....

What about people somewhere who were athiest or whatever and turned jewsish, do they also count ?

Even if they're one tribe or so , moved north cuz of the romans ... What did the Palestinians do wrong to them throughout these centuries ?

Also , how can you let people who claim that they've left that territory some thousands years ago go back , while at the same time not allowing Palestinian refugees who lived their decades ago to come back ... Religious based discrimination?
# 13
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
09/09/2003 1:36 am
Originally posted by Jolly McJollyson
Israel is not the Palestinians' "Inherited Land." Before this whole controversy, the Palestinians were a nomadic tribe.

If so , from where did the expression "Palestine" came from ... Even if they were nomadic , live in caves or whatever , it's still their place.

They're just being pansies for no real reason.

You came from everywhere on earth to fight in this piece of land for a some thousand years old religious myth , while they're where they came from fighting for existance ... Who are being pansies for no real reason ?

# 14
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/09/2003 2:37 am
SLY-

If palestine wants away from Israel, they can start by not being dumbasses and blowing up busloads of jewish people. Simple as that; you can point your finger all you want, it's not getting you anywhere, and the points you've made seem to be based around word-of-mouth, and not factual information, like PonyOne is using. There is no excuse for blowing up civilians.

I dare you to defend that; I dare you to defend the bomber who kills 5 young children on the way to school, on the way to learn and have fun and be a child. I dare you to defend the Towel-Head that walks into a mall filled with teenage girls and their mothers, and blows himself up right next to a large crowd of people.

~Incidents
# 15
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/09/2003 4:35 am
I dare you to defend the Towel-Head that walks into a mall filled with teenage girls and their mothers, and blows himself up right next to a large crowd of people.

Can you really think of nothing better to use than "Towl-Head" here?

Have I really over-estimated your intelligence from the time you started posting to now?
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 16
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
09/09/2003 2:09 pm
Originally posted by SLY
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zeppelin
[B]

I know that missleading information are even taught in schools of Israel ... They teach children that Palestine was no bodies (empty) land , till the Jews settled there , then the arabs cried "that's our land" ... Yeah , empty land , so where the hell 5 million palestinians came from , dropped by parachutes from hell ?!

Umm actually no, they teach us all the stuff in schools, including stuff some people here would rather forget.
They do teach us that there were like 1,000,000 palestinians here before the 1948 war and they do teach israel kicked some of them out..
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 17
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/09/2003 9:48 pm
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
I dare you to defend the Towel-Head that walks into a mall filled with teenage girls and their mothers, and blows himself up right next to a large crowd of people.

Can you really think of nothing better to use than "Towl-Head" here?

Have I really over-estimated your intelligence from the time you started posting to now?

I used "Towel-Head" because I knew someone would cry about me using it; It's a stereotype, yeah I know. If you want to be politically correct, why don't you or one of the other moderators edit my post so it says "Person of Different Religion". Go ahead, I don't care.

I really don't give a damn what you believe or not believe about my intelligence, or lack there of, that's not what this discussion is about.

-------------

On a different topic;

Why is it that they can't simply share power?

# 18
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
09/09/2003 11:03 pm
I think we have said enough about this topic. Let's go play guitar or something.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 19

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.