View post (While the 'civilized world' looked elsewhere...)

View thread

SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
09/06/2003 9:12 pm
Originally posted by Zeppelin
SLY: i suggest you learn some history before you start talking about the 1973 war.
Israel was mainly attacked by 2 countries: syria and egypt and not only egypt as you said.
We won this war not because of the usa (even though they did help us), but because our regular army soilders were able to stop the syrian attack in the north for 3 days untill reinforcements arravided.
Stoping syrians in the north, allowed israel to move most of their troops to the south where egypt (which was surprised by its fast progress and success of its attacks)
stoped the attacks for a few days.

I know what I'm talking about !!

Syria attacked from the north , but they didn't make it any far that's good enough , that's why I haven't stressed on that.
But from the egyptian side , they crossed the suez canal , destroyed the two defense walls , and swept into the Sinai peninsula , while the Israeli airforce weren't able to fight back , cuz of the major casualties , and the anti-aircraft missile defense system (built by russians) .

Israel didn't wake up from the first shock untill the U.S. aids arrived , and that was very obvious.

I haven't got all my info from media , I've actually talked to people who were in this war .
One of my relatives was in London at that time , and he tells me that media there was of course saying that Israel was on top of everything for the first few days , after that, it was so hard to hide all of the truth.

I know that missleading information are even taught in schools of Israel ... They teach children that Palestine was no bodies (empty) land , till the Jews settled there , then the arabs cried "that's our land" ... Yeah , empty land , so where the hell 5 million palestinians came from , dropped by parachutes from hell ?!