Beautiful girls don't play the guitar

lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
01/31/2002 8:41 pm
Yo, I think Alanis Morissette is hot, and I looove her voice... I guess she can strum a little on the guitar!!
# 1

01/31/2002 11:17 pm
Let's not forget:
Jewel,
Chantal Kreviasik (or does she play the piano?),
Shania Twain,
and Phoebe from Friends!!
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/31/2002 11:45 pm
Originally posted by James
...and Phoebe from Friends!!
Eeeeww!! Smelly-Cat!! :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
02/01/2002 2:50 am
Alannis? She's a funky woman. What about Sheryl Crow?
Free Backing Tracks At GuitarVoice.com!

"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak."

David O. McKay
# 4
kingdavid
kingdavid
02/01/2002 9:52 am
Originally posted by Lordathestrings
Originally posted by James
...and Phoebe from Friends!!
Eeeeww!! Smelly-Cat!! :D

YESSIR!!!!
Phoebe?!?
What are you.....Phoebe?

[Edited by kingdavid on 02-01-2002 at 04:00 AM]
# 5
mrcrowley
mrcrowley
02/01/2002 6:54 pm
Don't forget Jennifer Batten. She was/is hot, and can shred like a ****ing maniac. She's also really inventive and innovative.
Education is a whip, and I'm being flogged.
# 6
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
02/01/2002 9:11 pm
Originally posted by mrcrowley
Don't forget Jennifer Batten. She was/is hot, and can shred like a ****ing maniac. She's also really inventive and innovative.

Dude, I saw a picture of her when she was teaching at GIT, and she is far from hot. The ones who are hot are the stylist that designed her looks for MJ tours...
If you take away the 3 feet of yellow hair, she is just a normal guitar wiz, except she is a girl...
# 7
kingdavid
kingdavid
02/02/2002 1:11 pm
Originally posted by PonyOne
I'll try and find a pic of my gf to post up... proof that you don't have to be nasty to play guitar, and that guitar can get you women who look good...

The photo,man,the photo
# 8
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/02/2002 2:50 pm
Originally posted by fendermonkey77
Alannis? She's a funky woman. What about Sheryl Crow?

Of all of the chick stars to come out at that paticular time, Joan Osborn was the one I had and still have any respect for.

Both Sheryl Crow and Allanis Morrisette make me want to get in my van, crank up some Possessed, do a break stand, then chase skaters down the sidewalk...

Or something similarly evil.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 9
florien
florien
02/04/2002 10:22 pm
Okay guys, I'm a girl and the first thing I want to say:
Most guys playing a guitar are sexy!
I started playing the guitar 2 weeks ago, and i do have a lot of time to practice now, because i am suffering the "Kissing desease", so i'm too tired to do anything social anyway, but i'm sure you can manage to combine both.
Wanna know how i got my desease?
A very nice guy had promised to give me my first guitar-lesson, which was very nice and also very hard. How do you all strech your fingers in those impossible chords? Anyway,after the lesson......
And now i have enough time to learn it myself.
I hope my English isn't too bad, because i'm dutch.

If you are desperate in love, play a nice song for a nice girl and see what happens...

Good luck guys!
# 10

02/05/2002 1:29 am
lol that's how I met my girlfriend, the old "free guitar lesson approach".

About Allannis Morissette (spelling?)... I have a huge amount of respect for her. Sure, she kind whines about guys in a lot of her songs and has that "pouty little girl" attitude, but she also has a great voice, writes her own songs, and has great stage presence- now how many big artists can sport all of that in today's music scene (albeit she's not that big anymore). Oh and she puts on a great live show, the guitarist even solos...
# 11
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/05/2002 2:27 am
That's debatable.

When I saw her on HBO, I was praying for her to closeline herself on the neck of the bassist's five string.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 12
kingdavid
kingdavid
02/05/2002 4:19 pm
Originally posted by florien
Okay guys, I'm a girl and the first thing I want to say:
Most guys playing a guitar are sexy!

Say word!
Looks like this is true;I've heard very many people say it.A couple of girls have told methat.
Or maybe it's another cliche,dunno.
About those fingers,there's always the first time.They'll strech out as you learn more.Try and do stuff that doesn't need too much stretching to begin with,then you'll get to used to it.I hear it becomes 2nd nature.
Your English isn't bad at all;you should go thro' some of the stuff that gets on this board!
So,in your(Florien) opinion,do beautiful girls play the guitar?
# 13
florien
florien
02/05/2002 4:57 pm
Sure, your hobby or obsession or whatever it can be has nothing to do with your looks.
When your ugly with no social life you can also choose to collect stamps, write, the computer or whatever.
# 14
friskynibbles
friskynibbles
02/05/2002 9:08 pm
florien: "I hope my English isn't too bad, because i'm dutch."

Hoi! Hoe gaat het, mevrouw? Ik spreek niet veel nederlands... lol
Your english is much better than my dutch lol...
-Daniel Schenkeveld (ik kom uit Canada)
# 15

02/05/2002 9:25 pm
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
That's debatable.

When I saw her on HBO, I was praying for her to closeline herself on the neck of the bassist's five string.

I might not have any idea what I'm talking, I've only seen a couple videos of live songs, but I liked what I saw.

I dunno, maybe I'm a little defensive about her because she's one of the few Canadian bands to make it South of the border.
# 16
florien
florien
02/06/2002 12:15 pm
Hallo Daniel, is je vader Nederlands? Je achternaam in elk geval wel, leuk dat je ook wat nederlands kan, het schijnt heel moeilijk te zijn.
Daniel, i hope you understood this. The rest probably not, so i'll write in English again, exept when i want to gossip about you with Daniel, haha
# 17
lauz
lauz
02/06/2002 2:47 pm
hay there!!
wel im a gal and iv been told many times that im hot and iv just started to play the guitar!! well im really intrested in it but i dont seem to be gettin really far at the moment! maby you all think that its not a thing for girls to do but i think that woteva ladz can do girls can do just as good!
well as i say i have just begun to learn how to play to tell u all the truth at the moment im finding it very hard. Iv learnt my first three chords A,D & E. If any of you can help or give me any suggestions on ANYTHING that woukd be atall usefull to me then i would be very greatfull!!
thanx to all of you!!
Lauz
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.
lauz
# 18
kingdavid
kingdavid
02/06/2002 4:37 pm
Originally posted by lauz
hay there!!
wel im a gal and iv been told many times that im hot and iv just started to play the guitar!!
Lauz
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

Finally someine's said something in line of what I was trying to hear wheni started this thread.I suppose I find girls a lot more inhibited when it comes to letting what they do show.I've never seen a girl in town carrying her guitar,or her b-ball ball,stuff like that.
So,Lauz,people say you're hot;good for you!.You've started playing guitar;maybe I'm not very smart,but if you ask me,this is probably the best decision you'll ever make in your life,if you ask me.Of course if you dont.....
Advice:don't play to impress people(not at first anyway).Your friends,as has been my experience,can be very discouraging;most talk as if them and Eric Clapton were twins sepatated at birth,but when they get hold of your guitar,all they do is f*#@ around with it.Even the babble from a yet-to-talk toddler sounds better than them on the guitar.You're doing this(I hope)because you like it.And of course,you need to learn it to do it.Everyone started out at some point worse off than you right now;you know three chords,and no one started out already knowing three chords.And everyone is still learning.EVERYONE.And while it's always wise to respect other people's opinions,don't take their word for it.Even this one.After all,they are just that,opinions.And if they can form one,then so can you.
About playing,I dunno if the tricks on this site are good for someone totally new;plus they don't have the kind of structured order a beginner might prefer.There's another site(it was,infact,the site thro' which I learnt about this site)called guitarnoise.(naturally put the W's b4 and com after).They have a series of lessons,for guitar dummies(maybe this is where you'd put yourself),beginners,intermediates and a lot of other stuff.You may want to check it out.
That was a mouthful,huh!Hope it helps you.
And I like talking to people(I said talk,not lecture)about these things.If you wish,e-mail me.
# 19
friskynibbles
friskynibbles
02/06/2002 5:36 pm
My great-grandfather was dutch. He moved to canada in the early 1900s. He was very secretive about his former life. He made two trips back to Holland later in life (in the 60's?) but didn't talk about it. I am the only one who speaks dutch now (a little anyway).
-Daniel
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.