View post (Beautiful girls don't play the guitar)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
02/06/2002 4:37 pm
Originally posted by lauz
hay there!!
wel im a gal and iv been told many times that im hot and iv just started to play the guitar!!
Lauz
x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

Finally someine's said something in line of what I was trying to hear wheni started this thread.I suppose I find girls a lot more inhibited when it comes to letting what they do show.I've never seen a girl in town carrying her guitar,or her b-ball ball,stuff like that.
So,Lauz,people say you're hot;good for you!.You've started playing guitar;maybe I'm not very smart,but if you ask me,this is probably the best decision you'll ever make in your life,if you ask me.Of course if you dont.....
Advice:don't play to impress people(not at first anyway).Your friends,as has been my experience,can be very discouraging;most talk as if them and Eric Clapton were twins sepatated at birth,but when they get hold of your guitar,all they do is f*#@ around with it.Even the babble from a yet-to-talk toddler sounds better than them on the guitar.You're doing this(I hope)because you like it.And of course,you need to learn it to do it.Everyone started out at some point worse off than you right now;you know three chords,and no one started out already knowing three chords.And everyone is still learning.EVERYONE.And while it's always wise to respect other people's opinions,don't take their word for it.Even this one.After all,they are just that,opinions.And if they can form one,then so can you.
About playing,I dunno if the tricks on this site are good for someone totally new;plus they don't have the kind of structured order a beginner might prefer.There's another site(it was,infact,the site thro' which I learnt about this site)called guitarnoise.(naturally put the W's b4 and com after).They have a series of lessons,for guitar dummies(maybe this is where you'd put yourself),beginners,intermediates and a lot of other stuff.You may want to check it out.
That was a mouthful,huh!Hope it helps you.
And I like talking to people(I said talk,not lecture)about these things.If you wish,e-mail me.