weight set?

BrokenJera
BrokenJera
06/13/2008 9:17 pm
hey pure im sure you alreaddy know this but you need to slow down and start lighter. if you hurt so bad you can olny work out one day a week your doing more damage then good. ley your body adjust a while, and warm up then streach properly, after your done streach again and cool down properly.
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.
# 1
Silimtao
Silimtao
06/13/2008 9:35 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60Love drawing the parrallels between weight lifting and playing guitar. Right on track! :)
Was that an intentional pun? :)

Pure: I agree with you what you said about spending money.

Anyway, did you look at the google link I posted? I read at least one interesting article on running and training with weights. It's worth a look.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)
# 2
pure
pure
06/14/2008 8:00 pm
Oh i forgot, I was going to come back to that link. which one did you read?
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 3
pure
pure
06/14/2008 8:08 pm
Originally Posted by: BrokenJerahey pure im sure you alreaddy know this but you need to slow down and start lighter. if you hurt so bad you can olny work out one day a week your doing more damage then good. ley your body adjust a while, and warm up then streach properly, after your done streach again and cool down properly.

I always get sore no matter what. so I guess soreness is not a good indicator of overtraining for me..

I remember during track season my legs would just never feel like recovering quick enough.. yea i did the ice baths.. I tried the protein stuff.. and i was stretching out just as much as everybody else if not more.. there wasn't one track meet where I didn't run sore.. Its probably bad that i did.. But it was either run sore or don't run at all.. I asked my coach about it and he didn't have much to say either

and i'm sore as hell right now.. lol.. but i was sore just from running a couple 400s, 200s, and sometimes 100s, almost every weekday.. so i'd probably still be sore if i was squatting only 10 lbs lol
# 4
Silimtao
Silimtao
06/15/2008 9:32 pm
Originally Posted by: pureOh i forgot, I was going to come back to that link. which one did you read?
Um....I can't remember as the link I posted is a bunch of google hits. It was a long article about running and weight training all in text.

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)
# 5
Silimtao
Silimtao
06/15/2008 9:40 pm
Originally Posted by: pureI always get sore no matter what. so I guess soreness is not a good indicator of overtraining for me..
there's "good sore" and bad sore. Good sore is just some achyness from the lactic buildup- make sure you're well hydrated. A good sign of over-training is when you do more poorly, even when you're not pushing yourself to the max. Bad sore, is "I can't walk and everything hurts!" Take a coupla motrin or advil and call me in the morning...

Oh, don't underestimate a good epson salt bath. Or just a hot one. The heat will soothe the muscles, and hopefully you wont spazz up from a tough workout. It may be worth a $15 investment to get one of those electric heating pads where you can put a damp sponge in- it has velcro so you can wrap it around body parts or just lie on it. I have a messed up back, it helps a lot.

# 6
pure
pure
06/16/2008 2:25 pm
well as we were leavin the gym my buddy did say that he worked me a little harder than necessary.. lol _''

We have some epsom salt laying around.. I took a plain ice bath yesterday and it felt good!!.. might try the epsom.

The heating pad sounds good too.. I don't completely understand how the heating and cooling stuff helps recovery but it could help alot with other things, not just weight training so I'll look into getting one.

And i don't believe muscle soreness is caused by lactic acid laying around.. dat might be true for short term, like a couple hours, but for after a day.. I believe the muscle fibers just got tore up so theyre sore and they'll heal up stronger. Am I wrong about that?

And i've been able to walk this whole time.. I just couldn't run or do intense things like going up and down stairs easily- basically why I'm not going to be weight training during track season.. cuz I can't run well while strength training.. I might be able to by now, but i just got up and haven't been on my feet long enough to test it out.

I looked at some of those links and alot of them are basically what I've been told by a coach or some teammates in the past.. which is a good thing i'm sure

about the over training, I probably did do a little too much.. normally I'm nearly finished with recovery by this time. but its all good I'll just go back and do less sets next time
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.