View post (weight set?)

View thread

pure
pure
06/16/2008 2:25 pm
well as we were leavin the gym my buddy did say that he worked me a little harder than necessary.. lol _''

We have some epsom salt laying around.. I took a plain ice bath yesterday and it felt good!!.. might try the epsom.

The heating pad sounds good too.. I don't completely understand how the heating and cooling stuff helps recovery but it could help alot with other things, not just weight training so I'll look into getting one.

And i don't believe muscle soreness is caused by lactic acid laying around.. dat might be true for short term, like a couple hours, but for after a day.. I believe the muscle fibers just got tore up so theyre sore and they'll heal up stronger. Am I wrong about that?

And i've been able to walk this whole time.. I just couldn't run or do intense things like going up and down stairs easily- basically why I'm not going to be weight training during track season.. cuz I can't run well while strength training.. I might be able to by now, but i just got up and haven't been on my feet long enough to test it out.

I looked at some of those links and alot of them are basically what I've been told by a coach or some teammates in the past.. which is a good thing i'm sure

about the over training, I probably did do a little too much.. normally I'm nearly finished with recovery by this time. but its all good I'll just go back and do less sets next time
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks