RIP Axemaster 911

Superhuman
Superhuman
10/19/2007 11:15 pm
Hi All,
Just had a very sad email from the Tim's wife aka Axemaster911. Apparantly she found him dead, he left behind him two boys and a loving wife. Some guys here had heated discussion with him re music theory - which was cool, he enjoyed the banter. Anyway, just for anyone else out there that remembers him, thought I'd let you know,
Dave
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
10/20/2007 2:06 am
I don't recall him but I am still touched by the news. We hate to lose alumni. My best to his wife and children.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
earthman buck
earthman buck
10/20/2007 3:44 am
I think he must have been before my time here, I've only seen the name when browsing through older threads. That's very sad though, my condolences to the family.
# 3
ren
ren
10/20/2007 11:54 am
Sad news man... RIP Axemaster...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 4
dvenetian
dvenetian
10/21/2007 12:45 am
I remember those threads. He was the "THEROY" Guy. Sad news.
"With Sympathy" to his family.
# 5
strat-man
strat-man
10/21/2007 1:39 pm
Sad news, condolences to his family.
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 6
equator
equator
10/21/2007 5:29 pm
I remember him. He was passionate about Music Theory, and just like most of us, he just wanted to learn more and express his point of view.
Condolences to his family.
Rock In Peace ā€œaxemaster911ā€
Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 7
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/25/2007 4:16 am
Yeah, him and Jolly went at it quite a bit in the theory section. It was fun to read and see the different angles everyone approached the theory with. Certainly a shame when anyone goes before their time.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 8
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/25/2007 5:57 am
Yeah, I remember him not too long ago causing arguments and calls from the moderators to ban him. He seemed like he had a lot of angry issues.
Does anybody know how he died?
# 9
Superhuman
Superhuman
10/25/2007 8:58 am
Yeah, I remember there were some heated debates in the theory forum and some of the older ex-members ganged up on him and it turned silly. Besides that he PM'd me a fair few times and we were working on a project - even though he never posted anything here in this forum he was a seriously talented player (high speed uber technical neo-clasical shred). Anyway, his wife contacted everyone in his email address book with the news - that's how I heard. He was wheelchair bound for the past 5 years due to a car accident but was still playing and teaching guitar. His wife said he was on serious meds for the pain, morphine I think. Anyway, she said he demanded that the doctors take him off the meds so he could sort himself out and two days after they put him on methodone she found him dead in his bed. Didn't get any further info than that. Pretty sad realy, I found him to be a very nice guy and was surprised at the argument with Jolly & co., I'd say the meds and his personal situation had a lot to do with that. Anyway, just letting you know what I heard.
# 10
earthman buck
earthman buck
10/25/2007 7:11 pm
Jeez, the way he went makes the whole thing seem a lot sadder. :(
# 11
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/26/2007 2:15 am
Originally Posted by: SuperhumanYeah, I remember there were some heated debates in the theory forum and some of the older ex-members ganged up on him and it turned silly. Besides that he PM'd me a fair few times and we were working on a project - even though he never posted anything here in this forum he was a seriously talented player (high speed uber technical neo-clasical shred). Anyway, his wife contacted everyone in his email address book with the news - that's how I heard. He was wheelchair bound for the past 5 years due to a car accident but was still playing and teaching guitar. His wife said he was on serious meds for the pain, morphine I think. Anyway, she said he demanded that the doctors take him off the meds so he could sort himself out and two days after they put him on methodone she found him dead in his bed. Didn't get any further info than that. Pretty sad realy, I found him to be a very nice guy and was surprised at the argument with Jolly & co., I'd say the meds and his personal situation had a lot to do with that. Anyway, just letting you know what I heard.

Yeah, the pain meds would have a lot to do with it. There's nothing worse than living with chronic pain especially when doctors are unwilling to prescribe medication because they're afraid of lawsuits.
I go through the same thing with my own doctor on a monthly basis.
Constant chronic back pain and I have to sit in waiting room for 2 hours every month just to get 30 tylenol #3...which are totally useless.
No matter how much I beg for more, he won't give them to me even though I'm forced to take 100 tylenol #1 every week just to be able to work on the computer.

Doctors are so afraid of lawsuits that they refuse to prescribe even basic medications now. My own mother can barely walk but he won't prescribe meds cause she's over 80 years old. So she downs about 10 Advils a day just so she can get out of bed.

It makes no sense at all that a legally available drug like Tylenol #3 is available but doctors won't prescribe it because they're afraid they'll get in trouble with the law.
You can't even go to a walk in clinic for tylenol cause they won't give them to you.
Even my dentist would only prescribe 14 pills over 3 weeks for a tooth that had to be pulled.

It's totally stupid that I can buy 200 tylenol #1 with codeine over the counter but my own doctor or dentist will only prescribe 30 Tylenol #3 to last a month.

I'm not surprised that people in constant pain resort to suicide to end the constant pain.
# 12
andrewjreid
my amps go to 11
andrewjreid
my amps go to 11
10/26/2007 3:26 am
I never met him but from what you all are saying it seems like he was a good man and im very sorry for his wifes loss and I know what you mean with the Tylenol 3 my sister has back pain too and she had to go to the emergency room 3 times in the middle of the night before they would prescribe anything more the 50 Tylenol 3 a month.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
-- Jimi Hendrix
# 13
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/26/2007 3:43 am
Originally Posted by: andrewjreidI never met him but from what you all are saying it seems like he was a good man and im very sorry for his wifes loss and I know what you mean with the Tylenol 3 my sister has back pain too and she had to go to the emergency room 3 times in the middle of the night before they would prescribe anything more the 50 Tylenol 3 a month.

I had a similar experience.
I ran out of Tylenol $3 on a long weekend and went to the hospital.
The on call doctor prescribed me 30 tylenol #3.
Then he reported me to the college of physicians.

The next week my doctor reduced my prescription down to 5 tylenol per month because of it.

I used to get 5 repeats of 120 every 5 months.... ever since then he reduced it to 30 per month.

Total fear on the doctors part in case he gets in trouble with the college of physicans.
# 14
dvenetian
dvenetian
10/26/2007 6:42 am
Originally Posted by: Kevin TaylorYeah, the pain meds would have a lot to do with it. There's nothing worse than living with chronic pain especially when doctors are unwilling to prescribe medication because they're afraid of lawsuits.
I go through the same thing with my own doctor on a monthly basis.
Constant chronic back pain and I have to sit in waiting room for 2 hours every month just to get 30 tylenol #3...which are totally useless.
No matter how much I beg for more, he won't give them to me even though I'm forced to take 100 tylenol #1 every week just to be able to work on the computer. Doctors are so afraid of lawsuits that they refuse to prescribe even basic medications now. My own mother can barely walk but he won't prescribe meds cause she's over 80 years old. So she downs about 10 Advils a day just so she can get out of bed. It makes no sense at all that a legally available drug like Tylenol #3 is available but doctors won't prescribe it because they're afraid they'll get in trouble with the law.You can't even go to a walk in clinic for tylenol cause they won't give them to you. Even my dentist would only prescribe 14 pills over 3 weeks for a tooth that had to be pulled. It's totally stupid that I can buy 200 tylenol #1 with codeine over the counter but my own doctor or dentist will only prescribe 30 Tylenol #3 to last a month. I'm not surprised that people in constant pain resort to suicide to end the constant pain.

Do you have an option for some type of microsurgery (Microdiscectomy) to possibly correct what's causing the pain, ie., Herniated Disc, etc..........?
The reason Tylenol 3 is prescribed in controlled amounts, is because of mg content of Codeine, which makes this drug an Opiate. Dosage levels of the Narcotic are limited due to the potential of addiction. Tylenol #1 that you purchase over the counter, must have a low mg content of Codeine.
Here in the US, we can't get Tylenol with Codeine without a prescription, (that I'm aware of). Only Tylenol (Acetaminophen) is available "Over the Counter" here.
What makes somewhat of a concern in that Acetaminophen dosage is limited by how much can be metabolized through the Liver. An excessive dosage in a short amount of time doesn't get metabolized, it just causes damage by remaining in the Liver. Drinking Alcohol on a regular basis along with Acetaminophen in the system causes even less getting metabolized, because the Liver needs to function in filtering the Alcohol toxins along with the drug. Since the organs are having to deal with potential toxic build ups in the system, it definitely could deem for the drug as being useless, not being able to process it properly through the system.
It makes sense to me by the same measure that a Seasoned Heroin user being able to inject a dosage that would likely kill me, having never tried the drug. If I took approx. 15 Tyl #1 W/Codeine daily for a week, I'm sure it would have an effect with my system, not having built up a tolerance. Throw in a few Tyl #3's on top of that and it may put me in a coma. I hope there is a surgical procedure available for you to get relief. I can see how the frustration of relying on prescription drugs for temporary relief would not be the best thing. What a Hassle to deal with day in and day out. I would probably try to Drink the pain away, knowing me.........
# 15
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/28/2007 7:08 am
Yeah, I've had this problem for about 15 years now. I only get 30 tylenol #3 a month but have to supplement that with about about 3 tylenol #1's every few hours.
I got no choice. It's either that or spend all my time lying down doing nothing.
I know it's hurting my liver but it's either that or spend all day in bed in pain. The stupid thing is, I've explained this countless times to my doctor that if he'd just prescribe 100 Tylenol #3's per month, I could eliminate the Tylenol #1's completely and it would be much better for my health. But he's so nervous about a lawsuit he won't do it.
Which is something I find completely baffling. There's a drug available to help reduce pain, but doctors won't prescribe it.

Tylenol #3's are so weak I don't see how they can even be considered a narcotic.

As far as tests go and medical procedures, I've been through the ringer. After 15 years I just said to hell with it

Anyways, back to Axemaster... I think the mistake he probably made was suddenly stopping his medication. You can't just completely cut off something like morphine. You have to gradually reduce the dose to give your body a chance to adjust to it.
# 16
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
10/31/2007 3:29 pm
Sorry to hear that :(

I've never been in contact with him, but my heart goes out to a fellow guitarist. Shame, sorry for the boys and his wife...

RIP
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 17

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.