View post (RIP Axemaster 911)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/26/2007 2:15 am
Originally Posted by: SuperhumanYeah, I remember there were some heated debates in the theory forum and some of the older ex-members ganged up on him and it turned silly. Besides that he PM'd me a fair few times and we were working on a project - even though he never posted anything here in this forum he was a seriously talented player (high speed uber technical neo-clasical shred). Anyway, his wife contacted everyone in his email address book with the news - that's how I heard. He was wheelchair bound for the past 5 years due to a car accident but was still playing and teaching guitar. His wife said he was on serious meds for the pain, morphine I think. Anyway, she said he demanded that the doctors take him off the meds so he could sort himself out and two days after they put him on methodone she found him dead in his bed. Didn't get any further info than that. Pretty sad realy, I found him to be a very nice guy and was surprised at the argument with Jolly & co., I'd say the meds and his personal situation had a lot to do with that. Anyway, just letting you know what I heard.

Yeah, the pain meds would have a lot to do with it. There's nothing worse than living with chronic pain especially when doctors are unwilling to prescribe medication because they're afraid of lawsuits.
I go through the same thing with my own doctor on a monthly basis.
Constant chronic back pain and I have to sit in waiting room for 2 hours every month just to get 30 tylenol #3...which are totally useless.
No matter how much I beg for more, he won't give them to me even though I'm forced to take 100 tylenol #1 every week just to be able to work on the computer.

Doctors are so afraid of lawsuits that they refuse to prescribe even basic medications now. My own mother can barely walk but he won't prescribe meds cause she's over 80 years old. So she downs about 10 Advils a day just so she can get out of bed.

It makes no sense at all that a legally available drug like Tylenol #3 is available but doctors won't prescribe it because they're afraid they'll get in trouble with the law.
You can't even go to a walk in clinic for tylenol cause they won't give them to you.
Even my dentist would only prescribe 14 pills over 3 weeks for a tooth that had to be pulled.

It's totally stupid that I can buy 200 tylenol #1 with codeine over the counter but my own doctor or dentist will only prescribe 30 Tylenol #3 to last a month.

I'm not surprised that people in constant pain resort to suicide to end the constant pain.