View post (RIP Axemaster 911)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/28/2007 7:08 am
Yeah, I've had this problem for about 15 years now. I only get 30 tylenol #3 a month but have to supplement that with about about 3 tylenol #1's every few hours.
I got no choice. It's either that or spend all my time lying down doing nothing.
I know it's hurting my liver but it's either that or spend all day in bed in pain. The stupid thing is, I've explained this countless times to my doctor that if he'd just prescribe 100 Tylenol #3's per month, I could eliminate the Tylenol #1's completely and it would be much better for my health. But he's so nervous about a lawsuit he won't do it.
Which is something I find completely baffling. There's a drug available to help reduce pain, but doctors won't prescribe it.

Tylenol #3's are so weak I don't see how they can even be considered a narcotic.

As far as tests go and medical procedures, I've been through the ringer. After 15 years I just said to hell with it

Anyways, back to Axemaster... I think the mistake he probably made was suddenly stopping his medication. You can't just completely cut off something like morphine. You have to gradually reduce the dose to give your body a chance to adjust to it.