Lucid Dreams

guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
10/19/2006 12:59 am
I think this is pretty cool. Anybody have lucid dreams? Meaning you know your dream is a dream, you can control your dream, and you remember your dreams. I have never even been able to remember them but I tried the first step of this guide I found (http://charleshamel.com/2006/10/17/how-to-have-a-lucid-dream/) and I can at least remember my dream which I guess is progress. I don't know but it just seems pretty cool.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 1
Moshpit_Woot
Moshpit_Woot
10/19/2006 3:33 am
hey i've had one of those before....i found it creepy...
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode] And so we dance into our graves[/FONT]
# 2
acapella
acapella
10/19/2006 3:47 am
I've had a couple of lucid dreams. Lately though, it seems like after I realize I'm dreaming I just forget and it goes back to a normal dream. Most of the time I can't remember them anyway, now.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 3
lyricchic
lyricchic
10/19/2006 5:25 am
I've never been able to control one, that'd be tight. I am writing a novel about dreams though... Look for Dreamweaver by Melissa Carone, if all goes well it should be on the shelves sometime next year. woohoo.
Don't worry. I shred.
# 4
ren
ren
10/19/2006 1:07 pm
I have some control in mine sometimes, but sometimes it's like I poison them myself...

Like, I'll be stood on a high ledge and be fine sat there for hours in dream time, but as soon as I think 'I hope the wind doesn't pull me off here', that's exactly what happens. It's weird when you do it though - especially as part of my dream is also about waking up, so it kinda feels like I'm awake, but I can't move....

All very strange... I haven't graduated to flying yet though :D

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 5
acapella
acapella
10/19/2006 3:36 pm
Originally Posted by: zreynoldspI'll be stood on a high ledge and be fine sat there for hours in dream time, but as soon as I think 'I hope the wind doesn't pull me off here', that's exactly what happens.

That's what happens to me too. Like this one dream I had where I could change my shape, and I thought suddenly "I hope I don't get stuck in this shape", and that's exactly what happened. Suddenly and for no reason I just couldn't change back. Stuff like that happens a lot in dreams of mine.
# 6
earthman buck
earthman buck
10/19/2006 6:12 pm
I think there was a fairly long thread about this a while back, you should try searching for it if you want to learn more. If I remember correctly, Akira has a lot of lucid dreams.
# 7
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
10/19/2006 7:00 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckI think there was a fairly long thread about this a while back, you should try searching for it if you want to learn more. If I remember correctly, Akira has a lot of lucid dreams.

oops, sorry about that
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 8
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
10/20/2006 1:31 am
Sometimes when i'm waking i'll be seeing an image which seems completely real, after a few moments I realize that my eyes are closed - on opening them I see the real picture - reality.
I'm used to it now.
if you always take the lazy route
The Devil knows your every move ![COLOR=RoyalBlue]
# 9
earthman buck
earthman buck
10/20/2006 2:39 pm
Originally Posted by: guitarfreak141oops, sorry about that

I wasn't blaming you. Just thought you might be interested.
# 10
acapella
acapella
10/20/2006 3:31 pm
Originally Posted by: GramboSometimes when i'm waking i'll be seeing an image which seems completely real, after a few moments I realize that my eyes are closed - on opening them I see the real picture - reality.
I'm used to it now.

I do that when I'm tired, and I think I'm watching the movie or whatever but really my eyes are closed. One time I was watching The Two Towers and it was really late, with still a couple of hours to go. I was really tired but I wanted to watch the whole thing. Suddenly in this one scene I thought to myself, "I wonder where Frodo is now." And a voice answered me, and said "he's buying a puppy". So I asked (in my mind, not out loud) "oh, what kind of puppy?" And the voice answered again and said "close your eyes and you'll find out..." And I was like, sounds reasonable. So I closed my eyes, then I was like, wait, what the hell!?!? It really freaked me out then, and I stayed awake for the rest of the movie.
# 11
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
10/22/2006 10:37 am
Lucid dreams are amazing.Depending on the nature of it,it can stick with you through the day.Ive had dreams that made me feel great through the day and some that were depressive.

Some can be very vivid and self awarness presents itself.Theres nothing quite like realizing that your dreaming and taking the remainder of the dream into your conscious hands.
Try once,fail twice...
# 12
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
10/22/2006 6:33 pm
I rarely dream and when I do, it's usually of the weird kind that I have no control over. You know, midgets on unicycles juggling fish, 200 foot tall women crushing fishing villages underfoot, being mocked by my tailor while he pelts me with pastries... that sort of thing. The thing that I have learned from dreams is that it's not a good idea to eat pizza right before bed.

But I find the concept of lucid dreaming very, very interesting. I'll have to do some research on it.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 13
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
10/25/2006 2:26 am
I just happened to "stumble" on this site.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 14
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
10/26/2006 1:53 am
I think Mitch Hedberg said it best...

It was something like... "I hate dreams. Dreaming is like work. One minute I'm trying to sleep and the next I have to build a go kart with my ex landlord. I'd like to have a dream about having a dream"

Gold.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 15
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/30/2006 4:59 am
I've never had control over my dreams (that I can remember), but I do remember alot of "events" from my dreams. I can't recall everything from a dream, but theres parts that I do. I remember that when I was little, several times I had a dream where I was being chased by (feel free to laugh) two fingers that appeared to be cut off a little past the knuckle (like the hand from The Adams Family, but just an index and middle finger.) I could never out run it, and it always appeared to "kill" me. Whenever it got close I woul fall down and it was like my spirt was vanishing from my body and I wathced as my body would lay there. Whenever I had that dream, my body would always end up in the same place, which was with my head between two railings that were next to the stairs. (this was back in my house from when I used to live in Philly.) The wierd thing about it was that the railings were only inches apart, and my head would never fit between any of them. Another thing I remember is me walking around in this "old junkyard" kinda enviornment that was behind my old house and I tried to jump real high and I just kept going up and up and I started flying around my old neighbor hood (this was when I was little as well.) I never got close to any houses, It was kinda like a kite's eye view. Theres been times when I've appeared to fallen in love with a girl in my dream (which I would have never seen before) and I wake up and then realize it was a dream, and that will depress me for the rest of the day cause it seemed so real. I could go all day with stuff I remember, but those happened the most often when I was younger. I tend to have more nightmares than dreams, but I love it that way because I love horror movies and love being scared, and with nightmares, it puts you in a horror movie situation, but its like a videogame (you can't die ;) ). I'd take being able to remember all my nightmares over control of a dream anyday.

One more thing, I aint gonna lie, when I was (geussing) around 7 or 8, I had a dream where I was peeing on a patch of colorful flowers when I suddenly woke up to realize I was face up in my bed pissing on myself. Luckily I was wearing my gym uniform for school which consisted of sweat pants, so they sopped everything before it hit the bed (which was a bunk bed with me on top, so coulda been bad news for my brother :D .) I don't think I ever told anyone about that, so...... lucky you guys. But I swear thats the only time that I ever wet the bed. :o
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 16
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
10/30/2006 5:15 am
i have the trippiest dreams....especially the ones abt me commiting suicide from a tall building...most ppl wud wake up just as they are abt to 'hit' the floor...but i just go bam and my whole body goes thru a surge of numbness...ill lay there for a while then wake up...ive never been able to control my dreams too...just recently i dreamnt about this cool house with 3 ppl living in it...well i think to but for some reason i think it was 3..there was a little girl that always danced along the hallways and she had this room with no furnishings in it at all...it was a double storeyed house...wasnt that huge...the entrance to her room had this arch of flowers like the kinds we see in gardens...her mother was sitting on a chair...wooden...(this was the last imagery i cud remember best)..they both had long brown hair, dressed in white...it seemed a little brownish yellowish cos of the lighting..a single lightbulb illuminated the room...the mother was sitting down on the chair watching her daughter painting one side of the wall across the room...and i was standing by the doorway...all i cud see was the little girl facing the wall painting...just blotches of paint all over the wall...i think the father was somewhere in the house as well but i cant remember much abt him...the walls were a little dirty...i thought it was awesome...then that dream jumped to me running towards my train station and it was pitch dark...the train was the only thing that had lights on...the railway crossing gate was closing but i hurried across the pedestrian gate just before the gates fully went shut...then that was it..i watched the train pass...awesome dreams... :D
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 17
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/30/2006 5:28 am
I too don't always wake up when I die in a dream, I just stay there in whatever position I dropped too and feel numb, aware that I'm dead, yet still feel alive. I will slowly wake up and ask myself, "That was a dream...right?"
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 18
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/30/2006 6:20 am
I get lucid dreams all the time. It usually happens in combination with a thing called sleep paralysis too. I've been getting that since I was about 12 years old & didn't even realize there was a name for it until I read about it on the net a few years ago.
Your brain wakes up and you know you're still asleep, but you can't move.
Plus, you have this weird feeling that there's a presence in the room with you...like somebody walking around your bed.
# 19
Sarah0203
Sarah0203
10/30/2006 9:16 pm
I have lucid dreams, there are tricks you can do to encourage them: 1) Keep a dream journal, 2) every night before you go to sleep, tell yourself that you will remeber your dreams and you will know when you are dreaming, 3) Clear your mind before you sleep, 4) During your waking day, every now and again ask yourself "am I dreaming?". If you get in to the habit of doing this, you will do it in your sleep.

jeffhx - when you dream about a house, generally its a dream about yourself, the different rooms and people in it being different aspects of your life. For instance, the dirty walls may represent something in your life that is being neglected.

elklandercc - Sometimes, in our dreams we meet up with people. Some that we know in real life, some we don't. So if you fall in love in a dream, its possible that some girl somewhere in the world is having the same dream about you!!

Umm, I know alot more about dreaming and paranormal things than I do about guitar.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.