Lucid Dreams

six_stringz_2
six_stringz_2
11/10/2006 1:39 am
i had a lucid dream once and it was so cool i started to study and practice making them happen. wow! the great thing that i found that i knew when i started a lucid dream was the fact that i knew nothing could hurt me and with a little practice, i could conjour up anything. you had to be careful though. if something startled you, it was done. i found myself in strange worlds making myself look around just to see what i could see. i could fly easily, anywhere. sex was amazing and real(had lots of that). when i would wake up in my dream(become lucid), i would look at my hand and the detail as if i were awake. i love it! it's like a vacation every night.
# 1
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
11/10/2006 2:08 am
i met a REAL 60's hippie in seattle who talked to me about trying to train yourself into always being lucid in dreams. he said to try and look at my hand in a dream. well that night i had a dream and i was in a tree and i thought "hey, look at your hand" and i did. then the hippie appeared below the tree and i said "hey!! i looked at my hand!!" and he smiled. the next day i saw him and i told him about the dream and he said "yea, i know, i was there" cue spooky music
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 2
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
11/10/2006 2:11 am
Originally Posted by: schmange It usually happens in combination with a thing called sleep paralysis too. I've been getting that since I was about 12 years old & didn't even realize there was a name for it until I read about it on the net a few years ago.
Your brain wakes up and you know you're still asleep, but you can't move.
Plus, you have this weird feeling that there's a presence in the room with you...like somebody walking around your bed.

had that when i was in my teens....with my eyes open....it was scary
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 3
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
08/21/2007 2:15 pm
The other nite I had a dream that I went to see Zakk Wylde and B.L.S. in some city i didnt know we had to park our bikes far away and walk to the show when we got to the door I didnt have my ticket or 40.00 bucks to get in so I told the guys to go on in and I would go back to get my ticket but I got lost and could not find my bike then i woke up I was pissed and it was just a dream.
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 4
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
08/21/2007 4:04 pm
Yeah, I've never had a lucid dream, but have had many strange dreams, of which I shall spare you all the time. Although I wish for once, just one time, I could freakin run when the evil monster is chasing me!!! Its always like your legs are glued to the floor. :mad: Anyways, I did have this one kind of, half awake/sleeping moment. One of those I'm sleeping but think I'm awake things. So, my friend had an obsession with the movie Twister, and had seen it probably 50 or more times in the course of a few weeks (no joke) so of course I had been familiar with the name Billy, the main character. My friend is a night owl, and I like my sleep, so of course, I'm dying to sleep and he's prowling around my room. Next thing I know... BAM! It hit me, I felt like the smartest person in the world, this rush of energy came over me and I just felt like the biggest genious, And the funny thing was, It made SO MUCH sense at the time. So next thing I know (while I thought I was dreaming) I mutter the genious statement, this E-mc2 theorum type thing, or what have you, and I say, In the notorious half asleep kind of way... "Why is Billy, and Billy is why" :D It was monumental. Why hadn't I seen it before? If Billy is Why, then Why must be Billy!!! :eek: So the next morning I wake up, and had a vague memory of some sleep talking incident possibly. I asked him, "Did I ramble on about something having to do with billy and why?" and he says, "Yeah, and I couldn't figure out what the hell you were talking about." I just laughed because I realized my stupidity, and especially because I had felt like such a genious during the whole event.

*Edit*
Hahaha... This was quite a resurrection.
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 5
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
08/22/2007 11:05 am
Hrmmm.. I have lots of lucid dreams but I have never been able to trigger them by myself. I am just dreaming and then I will suddenly realise that I am dreaming, then I take control of the dream consciously. It usually happens 3 or 4 times a week.. but sometimes I can go for weeks without having one.

The dreams I like the most, whether I am lucid or not, are the ones where I can play guitar really well.. then I wake up. :p
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 6
Ozzwald
Ozzwald
08/26/2007 12:26 pm
Yeah, I dream lucidly quite often actually. It's pretty cool.
There's a great book on dreaming by Robert Moss called "Conscious Dreaming".
An excellent tool for those wanting to learn more about the dream-state, working with & within your dreams & indeed, lucid dreaming.

Has anyone here Astrally projected before?
Now THAT's where sleep (and it can be done consciously too) get's REALLY awesome!!!
# 7
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
08/27/2007 10:27 pm
Originally Posted by: Kevin TaylorI get lucid dreams all the time. It usually happens in combination with a thing called sleep paralysis too. I've been getting that since I was about 12 years old & didn't even realize there was a name for it until I read about it on the net a few years ago.
Your brain wakes up and you know you're still asleep, but you can't move.
Plus, you have this weird feeling that there's a presence in the room with you...like somebody walking around your bed.

I experience the sleep paralysis from time to time also....Used to happen a lot more than it does now. I'm like you, didn't know what it was for years and finally found it on the web. It's freaky, that's for sure.....I don't have the lucid dreams though...
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.