The stupidest thing thread

ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
04/14/2006 2:35 pm
Just wondering, what's the stupidest thing you've ever done?
I'm only 16, so we haven't done much, but so far I'd have to say:

*Play baseball by firing a potato gun a)at the outfielders or b)at the batter, and hoping for the best
*Having a full blown shopping cart smash up derby in a Giant Tiger parking lot
*Holding a video camera while my friends shot fireworks at me to see what it looks like.

Let's here some of yours.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 1
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
04/14/2006 4:02 pm
This sounds like an entertaining thread....

I've got a few:

*Almost cut the tip of off a finger with hedge trimmers. I was switching hands with the trimmer and caught my finger in it....cut through the finger nail at an angle and cut the tip of the bone off. I think it took around 15 stiches, can't remember exactly..Luckily it was on my picking hand instead of my fretting hand as I don't have any feeling in the tip of that finger anymore.

*Took Tequila to spanish foods day in high school...and got caught.

*Tried to seperate 2 50 lb. dogs that were fighting....another 10 or so stiches in my hand.

*Sold my Harley that was paid for....... :(
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 2
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
04/14/2006 4:19 pm
My sister came home from college one weekend, and parked behind me (no one ever parked behind me). I was going to work one morning (being morning could be a contributing factor) and saw her car there and everything, but after getting in my truck I totally forgot and just backed right into it without looking; busted up her headlights real good. Those excuses in paretheses don't really excuse anything. I definitely felt stupid.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
04/14/2006 5:12 pm
One time a friend and I rode our bikes down to the limestone quarry just outside of the town we live. It hasn't been in use for several decades, but all the pits and huge limestone hills and stuff are still there, so it's a real fun place to hang around. Anyhow, on this particular day there was one o' them huge tractors with a bucket on it just sitting there. I guess someone was taking limestone, probably to fill in a pothole in their driveway or something.

I climbed up the ladder and found that the door was unlocked (it was actually locked, but the window was smashed, so I just reached in and unlocked it). I called my friend up, and he joined me in the tractor. I looked to my left and found that some bonehead had left the keys in the ignition. We started it up, and within a few minutes, we had figured out how to work it. I drove it while my friend worked the bucket. We dug up some gravel, then lifted it high up and dropped it all. We did the same with large jagged rocks. I think we even crushed a paper cup with the bucket, just for fun. It was great.

That was a lot of fun, but it was also really dumb. If we were caught, we probably could have been charged.
# 4
rockonn91
rockonn91
04/14/2006 5:35 pm
but you WERNT, so that makes it cool.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 5
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
04/14/2006 5:55 pm
Well this probably wasn't the most stupidist thing that i have done.. but there were so many and i am only going to pick one...

One year when I was about 13, me and my best friend decided that we wanted to take a trip down to the Annapolis Valley to see some guys that we had met... Well this is about 3 hours away from where we live....

So we wanted to go without our parents knowing, well because they would have never allowed us to go.. So we went to the office at school and stole some permission slips and we typed them up so they looked all official.. and created a fictional school trip with our music class on a Saturday to Truro...(the opposite direction by the way). Our parents didn't suspect a thing and gave us money for the trip and we took that money and bought a ticket and bussed all the way to the Valley... No one knew where we were or what we were doing...

We spent the day with these guys and it was fun, and although we didn't have any incidents (aside from getting drunk on very cheap sherry and a small fire on the bus).... The guys that we went to see were very reckless and took big risks...It was amazing that nothing more serious happened...Had anything happened to us... No one would have ever known what happened... Two teenage girls go missing or turn up dead.. and that would have been the end of us...

Very very stupid....

Oh by the way.... a little while later the guys that we went to see.. didn't settle down they got worse.. and ended up getting totally drunk one night and got into a car, in a back field or road or something just goofing off... One of them died and the other has never been the same...Kind of scary thinking about it... that could have been us with them..
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 6
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
04/14/2006 6:30 pm
On the second day of having my liscense I picked up a bunch of friend to go to homecoming. We were going to go pick up yet another person, but a drunk drive ran into us. We drove off, because I was afraid I'd get in trouble for having so many people in the car.
I went to homecoming anyways and an awesome after party. I drove home in the morning smelling of alcohol, and to this day my parents think that I ran into something while drinking and driving.

# 7
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
04/14/2006 11:39 pm
About a year ago, I was shooting my airsoft gun out the windows while my brother and I were on our way to get pizza. Little did we know that someone was behind us on the phone with the police. So were driving down the road and pass a cop that was about to turn on the road. I was like "****, he saw us w/o seatbelts!" So we get about 100' before the pizza place and we are pulled over. We fumbled to quickly put on our seatbelts as I put the gun under the seat, when I look up I saw two other cops pull up behind the origional one. I was like "wtf?, they never have anything better to do, do they?" Then two more cops pulled in in front of us followed by a paddy wagon (van). As we sat there in amazment/confusion, the cops all pull out their guns and have them pointed at us. As I said, "holy s***!!!'' I start hearing one of the officers yelling... " Passenger, put your hands in the air and step out of the vehicle!'' I followed his voice (as he told me too) untill I got near him then kneeled down to be checked and cuffed. After a few minutes of searching me they sat me in the cruiser and closed the door. I watched them check my bro's truck and see them pull out my airsoft gun (a 357 replica, all metal, completely chrome, no orange tip) as well as an electric mini m16 that was in the back. It finally hit me, " then a few officers walked over and opened the door... " you know why were here?" "I said I geuss cause of the guns." He said it was because someone called in and said there was a hostage situation. Btw, this hole time people are staning outside the pizza place watching....... So after explaining I was just shooting out the windows at signs and such we laughed over it as they played with my guns then let us go. As we were about to pull away they all were by my window laughing and said, " you know, this is gonna make a good barbeque story." So we pulled away then turned in to the pizza place as everyone looked at us puzzled, got our pizza and went home laughing the whole way. Thank god my parents were away. :rolleyes:
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 8
alucard0941
alucard0941
04/15/2006 4:40 am
I pooped in the pool, and they had to make everyone evacuate the pool to sterilize the water. Took 3 hours...
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 9
acapella
acapella
04/15/2006 5:02 am
The stupidest thing I ever did was to not go to these so-called "lame" school dances! Those things are great, especially when there's only one supervisor and he gives up so easily.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 10
acapella
acapella
04/15/2006 5:29 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOne
-told a young mafioso to "shut up and apologize" to a girl he'd been sleazing to on the subway... I mean everything ended up OK for me and my friends but subway brawls are not a good idea.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "mafioso"? Also, brawls of any kind are not a good idea. Best option, at times maybe, but good idea, I'm gonna say no.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 11
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
04/15/2006 6:16 am
I do so many stupid things on a daily basis that I couldn't possibly pick one thing as the stupidest thing I've done. here's a couple small ones:

1. my friend went through a little shoplifting phase a while back. so me and him went to the mall, and we go into this store, I think it was like "spencer's gifts" or something. he stole some keychains, stickers, and a couple small things. and then about an hour later we went back where he stole two zippo-wannabe lighters. one for me and one for him. he also stole a tie, and a couple keychains from hot topic. we never did get caught for that one. but we made off like bandits, even though I didn't do any of the stealing, he gave me 3/4 of the stuff he stole because he owed me like $20 and this was his way of paying me back.

2. doing some donuts and burnouts in a church parking lot in broad daylight. while several civilians are driving past. plus the neighbors to the church constantly complain about noise, and have called the cops on our church numerous times, so it was a good possibility that they would call them again. plus cops drive past this parking lot all the time (in fact, after the burnouts, within 20 minutes we saw at least 3 cops drive by, it's no wonder though, it's just down the street from our famous "donut wheel" donut shop) we never got caught for this one either

3. trying to go down this one hill on a skateboard. little did I know that this hill gets really steep, and is way longer than I thought it was. so about 1/3 of the way down, I'm going so fast that I can't slow down. the speed limit on the road is 35, and I was keeping up with the cars (though there were only a few cars) pretty well my guess is about 25-30 mph (hey, I've been able to go 14 on straight flat ground, I know because they had one of those things that tell you how fast you are going on this other road and I found my top speed to be 14 mph) well, any skateboarder here can tell you what "speed wobbles" are. what's not good is when there is a storm drain coming up (and coming up fast!) and you can't control yourself at all and you are only gaining speed. needless to say, I hit the storm drain, my skateboard completely stopped, and my momentum continued to carry my body forward. luckily, this wasn't my first time falling on a skateboard, so I knew how to fall, I landed correctly and began to roll (much less painful than just falling flat) and I rolled and rolled. probably a good 150 feet I rolled. got some good road rash on that one. went to the hospital because there was liquids other than blood coming out of my wounds. they told me it was the same liquid as the liquid inside blisters. I still have some scars from that one.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 12
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/15/2006 7:17 am
When I was about 18 I stood totally naked in my front window watching my georgious neighbor, across the street, shovel snow in the driveway.
Next thing I know she turns around and waves at me.
I ran out of site and freaked out cause I thought she was gonna call the cops on me.
I think back on it now and I'm thinking 'wait a second..... she waved at me... I coulda got laid... duhhhhh'
# 13
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
04/15/2006 10:31 am
oh wow...stupid stuff...also quite a lot...

ummm, most quite similar to the stuff on here already.\

When I was 13 and had my first electric guitar, I decided to see how it all worked...so I took the neck off of the body...just unscrewed all of the screws on the plate, and the thing folded in half (I hadnt loosend my strings at all)...not clever...

much the same sort of time, I was skateboarding down a huge hill (it leads to a bridge over a river, and then back up an equally steep incline...as I got to the bottom, my mate shouted "Car, Car!" so I figured there was a car behind me...I Panicked and in trying to do something, got a speed wobble and fell, I went flying all over the road (nasty roasties) and my board went for a swim in the river, we then spent about half an hour chasing it downstream and finally getting it...but twas buggerred.

Another time, my mate and I were at the drive-in (we only have on left...you guys till have them?) anyway, my buddy lives right near it, so we would always go in the day and mess about on the screen.
This day, we took a harness that we used for wall climbing(a proper Harness) and a rope (my mate had not told me that he had found this rope in the dustbin at the local scout hall...)...so we all had our turns absailing down the back of the screen...all was good, until the third time I did it! Freeman (my mate) was swinging the rope a bit and it got stuck in one of the joints in the scaffold..it got stuck, he pulled, roped freyed, Andrew fell, onto Freeman...everyone unhappy.

There are a few more...on a very stoned night in London...we managed to get two tvs and an ironing baord...place one tv on the ironing board outside the house...we then climbed onto the roof of the house with the one tv, and threw it onto the other tv on the ironing board...it was amazing!

We used to call this type of thing "petrifying" (after watching Harry Potter)...we did it to many appliances, using many tools...

a microwave with an axe, a discman with a broom...and a a mobile phone with a golfclub...many a kettle/keyboard/broom/discman/anything we found with the floor....its so much fun
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 14
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
04/15/2006 9:36 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrs
1. my friend went through a little shoplifting phase a while back. so me and him went to the mall, and we go into this store, I think it was like "spencer's gifts" or something. he stole some keychains, stickers, and a couple small things. and then about an hour later we went back where he stole two zippo-wannabe lighters. one for me and one for him. he also stole a tie, and a couple keychains from hot topic. we never did get caught for that one. but we made off like bandits, even though I didn't do any of the stealing, he gave me 3/4 of the stuff he stole because he owed me like $20 and this was his way of paying me back.

Haha, I remember those lighters, they were the ****, especially cause they had those funny sayings or pics.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 15
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
04/15/2006 9:43 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrs

2. doing some donuts and burnouts in a church parking lot in broad daylight. while several civilians are driving past. plus the neighbors to the church constantly complain about noise, and have called the cops on our church numerous times, so it was a good possibility that they would call them again. plus cops drive past this parking lot all the time (in fact, after the burnouts, within 20 minutes we saw at least 3 cops drive by, it's no wonder though, it's just down the street from our famous "donut wheel" donut shop) we never got caught for this one either

Ha, my mom taught me how to do donuts on ice in our church parking lot. :p
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow

METOOB
# 16
earthman buck
earthman buck
04/15/2006 10:27 pm
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyHa, my mom taught me how to do donuts on ice in our church parking lot. :p

My mom taught me how to praise Jesus on my HANDS AND KNEES!
# 17
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
04/15/2006 11:34 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckMy mom taught me how to praise Jesus on my HANDS AND KNEES!

She would , wouldn't she.

METOOB
# 18
earthman buck
earthman buck
04/16/2006 12:45 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyShe would , wouldn't she.

Yes. Yes she would.

Now let's get back to stories about doing dumb things. This is one of my favourite threads.
# 19
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
04/16/2006 1:16 am
Oh man, the list is long and worse yet, I am sure that I have forgotten many, many stupid things. I suppose one of those things that comes to mind has to be going out one night with a bag of smoke sitting open on the seat beside me, dobbie in hand, two six packs on the floor on the passenger side, several empties rolling around the back seat and a half-empty can perched periously between my legs, Foghat cranking on the stereo (this was a long time ago) when I opted to drive the wrong way on a one way street.

A rather large and angry looking cop pulled me over started walking up towards the car. I had eaten the still hot roach but the car reeked. In one fell sweep, I stuffed the baggie under the seat and tried to jam the still half-full beer can into that little side pocket where I kept my maps.

When he got up to the window, he shined the flashlight into my eyes (which looked little radishes by this point) and said 'Out for a little party, are you?" I didn't say anything. He asked for my license and registration. When I opened my wallet, a packet of Zig Zags fell out onto the seat.

I thought I was going die.

He just smiled at me and said 'This is your lucky day. Look at your watch." When I did, I noticed it was 11:55 PM. He said, "I could bust you all the h*ll and back right now but it's late and my shift ends at midnight. Tell you what, I will follow you to the edge of town. If I ever see you up here again, I WILL haul you in." (I lived in two towns over in the poorer section of the county and this incident happened in the really, really nice section).

So he did follow me to the end of town. I don't think that I have ever gripped the wheel that tightly before or since.

Yes, now that was stupid.

By the way, I have never done anything like that after that night. Stooooopid.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.