Revelations!!!!

stackny
stackny
03/28/2006 5:31 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsYou want to be hardcore? Hell, son, give yourself some standards. I mean, yeah you're getting there, but Lamb of God? Sure we've all got things we can improve on, but Lamb of God?

HAHAHAHAA. I wouldnt listen to that crap if you payed me. I do not and never will attempt or be hardcore, I think we can all be pretty sure of that. About the heaviest stuff I listen to is probably Pantera...
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/28/2006 9:50 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyHAHAHAHAA. I wouldnt listen to that crap if you payed me. I do not and never will attempt or be hardcore, I think we can all be pretty sure of that. About the heaviest stuff I listen to is probably Pantera...

Don't worry, I knew you were joking from the get go.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/30/2006 4:54 am
I hate politics as well. Too many in D.C. who just vote the party lines and could care less about what the issue is. Democrats are gonna sieze power again anyway. When they mess up the republicans will come in and so on and so forth until the next revolution. We don't have long on this planet. 50-100 years if that. Hopefully in a few hundred million years the next civilization will have it figured out. I often wonder how many times life has destroyed itself and been reborn on this planet. All I know is we aren't the race that will leave this solar system and find other life. Which should really be the objective. If not we'll destroy ourselves. It's already apparant. Most ignore or refuse to believe it but this is it. Yet we find it easier to squabble over the trivial **** and hold on to what's ours instead of trying to work together to further humanity as whole. Unfortunatly it will never happen. We are all doomed. I hate to sound so dismal but it's the truth. Alot of people can't handle it. Most don't see it all. I mean where is humanity going? We are hopelessly stuck on this molecule of water. It sucks that we are all powerless to do anything about it. We're along for the ride. So I sit back and get high play my guitar and rant on my favorite messege board about how everything is so out of whack. Hoping that people listen and fully understand what thier future is.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/30/2006 5:11 am
Originally Posted by: magicninjaI hate politics as well. Too many in D.C. who just vote the party lines and could care less about what the issue is. Democrats are gonna sieze power again anyway. When they mess up the republicans will come in and so on and so forth until the next revolution. We don't have long on this planet. 50-100 years if that. Hopefully in a few hundred million years the next civilization will have it figured out. I often wonder how many times life has destroyed itself and been reborn on this planet. All I know is we aren't the race that will leave this solar system and find other life. Which should really be the objective. If not we'll destroy ourselves. It's already apparant. Most ignore or refuse to believe it but this is it. Yet we find it easier to squabble over the trivial **** and hold on to what's ours instead of trying to work together to further humanity as whole. Unfortunatly it will never happen. We are all doomed. I hate to sound so dismal but it's the truth. Alot of people can't handle it. Most don't see it all. I mean where is humanity going? We are hopelessly stuck on this molecule of water. It sucks that we are all powerless to do anything about it. We're along for the ride. So I sit back and get high play my guitar and rant on my favorite messege board about how everything is so out of whack. Hoping that people listen and fully understand what thier future is.

I'm honoured, and yet somewhat depressed, to realise that we see things more or less the same way, magicninja. All we can do is smile, sing, and recycle; the rest is in the hands of God.

Oh - and vote for the communist party! :p
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 4
stackny
stackny
03/30/2006 5:36 am
I also agree that end times are nearing. Maybe not in the same sense as you guys, but I dont think we've got long here either. Scary thought for me personally, but I just relax, go fishing, play my guitar, and enjoy life. I trust its all in the hands of God.
# 5
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/30/2006 5:58 am
I don't believe there is a God. You guys have heard my reasons. It's not in Gods hands in my eyes. It's in all our hands. It's just we as a people believe there is nothing to be done about it and we're right as long as that's our attitude. If we don't have a leader step up and admit we're all going to die soon unless we start working to gether and make the people believe in him, then we're all going to die....soon. If you guys can't see that we are at a huge crossroads in human evolution I don't know what to say. We are either going to nuke this planet or become a race of smart, rational, technology drivin beings set to explore the universe and see whats really out there for us. The next few decades are going to decide that. The way things are going.......I think I know what's going to happen. Hopefully something happens to make the world turnaround but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 6
acapella
acapella
03/30/2006 6:31 am
Originally Posted by: magicninjaI don't believe there is a God. You guys have heard my reasons. It's not in Gods hands in my eyes. It's in all our hands. It's just we as a people believe there is nothing to be done about it and we're right as long as that's our attitude. If we don't have a leader step up and admit we're all going to die soon unless we start working to gether and make the people believe in him, then we're all going to die....soon. If you guys can't see that we are at a huge crossroads in human evolution I don't know what to say. We are either going to nuke this planet or become a race of smart, rational, technology drivin beings set to explore the universe and see whats really out there for us. The next few decades are going to decide that. The way things are going.......I think I know what's going to happen. Hopefully something happens to make the world turnaround but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I agree with all of that, except for the no-God part. But I do believe that the world is in our hands and if we don't start doing good with it, we're pretty much screwed. I don't really think that we will start taking care of it. I figure one way or another, be it by our hand or God's, end times a-comin'.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 7
stackny
stackny
03/30/2006 6:40 am
I dont believe you can contradict propehcy. We need to do our best not be wasteful and use things wisely, but I believe its all in God's hands. The belief that God is coming is no excuse to be careless. Just wanted to make sure that we're clear on that. I think everything was put here for us, but not to be wasted.
# 8
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/30/2006 6:43 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyI dont believe you can contradict propehcy. We need to do our best not be wasteful and use things wisely, but I believe its all in God's hands. The belief that God is coming is no excuse to be careless. Just wanted to make sure that we're clear on that. I think everything was put here for us, but not to be wasted.

Yeah - Jesus is coming! Look busy! ;)
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 9
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/30/2006 7:04 am
We are wasting our rescources. Hell if we we're all on the same page (humans that is) we would put our Industrial center in the Middle East where ther is plenty of oil and only desert to pollute. We as a people could build a huge water system with desalinization plants and no one would be in drought or have to worry if the crops would fail. The Japanese and Americans have the technology ball rolling. Too bad they'd rather put it into new ways to numb yourself from the realties of the world (TV, video games, the internet). We are all just watching a battle to see who winds up at the end of the world with the most change in thier pocket. Nobody will remember us. Nobody. In the next few million years while the Earth is healing herself from the radiation and pollution we put into her our buildings, bodies, and our mark on this world will turn to dust. Nothing will ever know we existed for our measly 15,000 years. I don't know about you guys but I don't want humanity to fade out thru the fabric of time. We are capable of great things. I hope we achieve our full potential but we need to make that decision quick or else.....
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 10
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/30/2006 7:24 am
Meh. Maybe the weed has me paranoid. Nope we're all doomed.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 11
stackny
stackny
03/30/2006 7:38 am
Ninja, have you considered running in 08? You seem to have all the answers. Your ideas may be good in theory, but totally rediculous and impractical. We're not all on the same page as humans and we never will be. Midas well let that one go. The Jews are being persecuted and returning to Israel. The Bible is being interpreted into every language possible and missionaries are traveling everywhere. Information is increasing at an alarmingly rapid rate. Theres still trouble in the middle east with the Jews and Palestinians. No bells or whistles going off yet? The prophecies of the Bible are being fulfilled, and you can either neglect them and maybe consider we are here for a reason and not just a speck of crap that evolved from nothing at the begining time.
# 12
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/30/2006 7:58 am
I know I'm an ideoligist with visions of a grand utopia where everyone gets along and do great things. Some may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one. Maybe some day you'll join us stack and the world will live as one. I've read the Bible man. I know it may seem like what the bible says in revelations and elsewhere may be coming true. What I see is a piece of dirt that has been fought over for no reason for longer than the bible has been around. As for me running in '08 I won't be old enough. :( Maybe in 2028. My ideas are only unreasonable because of the attitude of humanity. If the Egyptians could build the pyramids, and the druids can build stonehendge and man can walk on the moon my ideas are possible. Like you and I both said humans won't work together. Too self centered. So we are all in fact doomed. Just for that reason not because the bible says so.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 13
stackny
stackny
03/30/2006 8:12 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneyou know stack, whenever i read your biblical prophecy responses, i think of this.

Where do you see relation?
# 14
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/30/2006 8:29 am
Everyother public restroom I walk into has one of those comic strips on the sink. Change or you'll burn. Hate'em. If the bible is correct I have a 1 in 20,000,000 shot at being an annointed one. The way I think I have no chance. I'd rather not worry about it. I would rather worry about finding a way to save our asses. I don't look down on you for putting faith in God stack. I really wish you and people like you would put more faith in yourselves. We really could do with focusing on the here and now and not so much on what happens if we die. Because by then it's already too late.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 15
stackny
stackny
03/30/2006 4:40 pm
Ninja, I know exactly where youre coming from and I commend you for your conservationist attitude and your love for this world. I truly believe there is a God and I know that we are not going to defy the prophecies of the Bible. If it were up to me, Id wish that everyone could work together and save the world and make it a better place, but thats just plain wishful and unrealistic, and its not God's will. Ive got natural human instinct to be scared to die or to leave this world. Im fearful of whats on the other side, even if I believe its heaven. The truth is, we're not all on the same page and never will be. It doesnt matter how much faith you have in us, its just not going to happen. Do you think you can talk "sense" into a faithful person? What you see as sense they see as blasphemy.

I love this world too and if it was the plan for us to be here I might start fighting for it, but I know thats not the plan. That and its just plain unrealistic to think we're all gonna start seeing eye to eye on things.
# 16
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/30/2006 5:20 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyNinja, I know exactly where youre coming from and I commend you for your conservationist attitude and your love for this world. I truly believe there is a God and I know that we are not going to defy the prophecies of the Bible. If it were up to me, Id wish that everyone could work together and save the world and make it a better place, but thats just plain wishful and unrealistic, and its not God's will. Ive got natural human instinct to be scared to die or to leave this world. Im fearful of whats on the other side, even if I believe its heaven. The truth is, we're not all on the same page and never will be. It doesnt matter how much faith you have in us, its just not going to happen. Do you think you can talk "sense" into a faithful person? What you see as sense they see as blasphemy.

I love this world too and if it was the plan for us to be here I might start fighting for it, but I know thats not the plan. That and its just plain unrealistic to think we're all gonna start seeing eye to eye on things.

Sometimes it just amazes me how different we are. Devout Christian vs. complete nihilist. Don't get me wrong, I respect your views and don't doubt that they make 100% sense to you as my beliefs make just the same amount of sense to me. Just a thought.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 17
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
03/30/2006 5:34 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyI base my political stance on a number of reasons. Religious beliefs are a big influence obviously. Abortion, capital punishment, stem cell research, same sex marriage, the right to bare arms, and all this other garbage. I dont support the welfare system for the most part, there are circumstances that it is necesarry but too many people take advantage of it. High taxes suck. I dont wanna take bs from any other country. Period. I dont care if that makes us bullies or makes me closed minded, dont f around with us and you wont have a problem.

I support the president in most of his decisions he has made in office. Idk wtf his deal is with this new proposal to open the ports. Other than that, I think the man has balls and sticks to his word.

that's so Christ-like :rolleyes:
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 18
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
03/30/2006 5:38 pm
Originally Posted by: stackny dont f around with us and you wont have a problem.

Iraq really f-d around with us(hell we sold 'em the wmd's).. and Nicaragua and countless others----let's not forget the native americans :mad:
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 19
stackny
stackny
03/30/2006 9:37 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOneso because you believe there's gonig to be end times at some point.... you don't see the point in trying to make the world in which we live a better place?? Isn't that somewhat defeatist, and isn't it kind of contradictory to what the big J man taught us?

I didnt say that. Im a conservationist. However, we do not and will not ever operate on the same terms. Ever. Period. You think youre gonna talk sense into the Muslims? How bout the major poluters in Asia? Everyone is such a critic to where the problem isnt based. We have countries for a reason. Ideas on the way the world works differ. Thats why we have borders. It aint ever gonna change, and youd have to be blind not to see that. Good ideas in theory, but just plain unrealistic.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.