Emergency

Danny C.
Danny C.
07/09/2005 6:57 pm
I have never heard it put that way before. I don't believe in low carb stuff either, carbs give you energy to burn. Seriously I am trying out what you said except my own version maybe. I stay very active throughout the week with the farm and being a "maintenence assistant", lol, at my school...(whatever makes money, right) Stickin with it is going to be the hard part. Maybe playing my guitar whenever i get hungry will keep my mind off the hunger. That way, I eat less and get more practice in, so i win both ways. ;)
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/09/2005 7:53 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangeEvery pound of fat in your body is 1600 calories.[/QUOTE] actually, it 3500 calories, so, if you cut out 500 calories a day, you'll lose a pound a week

[QUOTE=schmange]So lettuce and cucumber have next to no calories.
If you bake your own bread don't use lard, and eat low fat cheese. You can eat a full plate of salad and it's only a couple of hundred calories at most.
Then drink 10 glasses of water and you won't feel like eating again for 4 hours. So you'll lose 200 calories by the next time you eat.
An apple is only about 100 calories at most and you can usually make that last a couple of hours.
If you really get the munchies, grab a diet pop with no calories and fill your stomach up.
You've just gotta keep filling up on low calorie foods that fill your stomach up and wait long enough for them to burn off. The longer you wait, the more you'll burn off between meals.

this diet is seriously lacking in protein. without protein, your body will burn your muscle for energy. therefore, alot of the weight you claim to have lost was probably lost muscle mass. I mean, some of it was fat, but, alot of it was probably muscle.
another problem with this diet is that it doesn't take metabolism into accout. you have to eat at regular points of the day to keep the metabolism going. if you stop eating for long periods of time, it only lowers your metabolism.

just some stuff I learned in health class. :cool: but, if you want to check out a diet, check out this one: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/guideword.htm (yes, excercise is required) or check out the south beach diet, as it's the healthiest diet out there
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/09/2005 10:17 pm
Yep, you're right... it is 3,500.
I was going by an old book I've had sitting around for ages.
Which kinda sucks cause now I have to eat even less.
# 3
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
07/09/2005 11:19 pm
I need to figure out how to gain weight. I'm 5 foot 7, 106lbs, 4.2% body fat. I don't exercise.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/10/2005 2:28 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiI need to figure out how to gain weight. I'm 5 foot 7, 106lbs, 4.2% body fat. I don't exercise.

I'm 5' 7" and I weight 130 and I eat everything under the sun. Seriously. I eat the fat on my steaks. I think it tastes good and I'll willingly eat the fat off someone else's steak if they let me. My daily exercise routine consists of getting out of bed and walking to the kitchen to eat some food then parking my ass in front of my computer/television to catch the forums/play video games/study norwegian only to go to bed later that night after I've decided that I've wasted enough time and shall start again tomorrow. That being said. I've wasted enough time here. I'm going to bed. I'll be back tomorrow.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
Danny C.
Danny C.
07/10/2005 3:06 am
Well I am 6' 2" and weigh 260 pounds, most of it is muscle, not bragging or anything, ;) , but I can stand to lose some weight in the umm stomach area lol. The problem is that I dont eat much at all. I can't believe you people who can eat whatever you want and not gain a pound, thats not fair, I also wear a size 15 shoe, and I am only 17, I am a big boy, so I better lose it while i still can lol.
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 6
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/10/2005 5:47 am
I'm like 5 foot 8... 165 lbs... with way too high of a body fat percentage (26% last time i checked) but that was over a year ago... I had started working out since then, and I get alot more excercise now. I don't think I've actually lost any weight... but I've gained muscle, and probably lost a little fat... I could still stand to lose a few pounds (a few being like 10 or 15) *sigh* got to get to work on that diet... and got to start going to the gym to workout again... but it's pretty far away, I would ride my bike there, but I got a nail in my tire last time I rode my bike (never ride in the dark!) so, I guess I could walk there, workout, then jog back... then I wouldn't have to use the treadmill! (I hate the treadmill) yeah, sorry, I think I just practically had a conversation with myself... but i tend to do that alot... anyways! going now
my spyspace
# 7
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
07/11/2005 3:28 am
The best way to lose weight is to actually eat more, and drink a lot of water, and do weight training.

You need to eat 4-6 small meals a day consisting of 3 parts. One part protein (cottage cheese, turkey breast, chicken breast), one part carbohydrates, one part vegetable (anything pretty much). These portions need to be about as big as your fist. This speeds up your metabolism so you don't make your body think you're starving itself. That's what happens when you eat one or two large meals a day. Your body starts storing fat because of the long distance in between meals. Eat more smaller meals often. Then, you need to drink a ton of water. About 10 glasses a day. The most important part is weight training. Muscle actually burns fat, even when you're not doing anything, even when your sleeping. When you diet without proteins, you lose muscle mass.

This is pretty much the Body-for-Life diet, check out the website, very informative and pretty easy to follow. And, it's not only for fat people, it's for skinny people, since it's focused around building muscle. Plus, on Sundays, you get to eat whatever you want.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 8
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
07/11/2005 4:09 am
Ah Im getting alot of tips from this :) But in Febuary I became a vegatarian and for 5 months I didnt eat meat and I really lost some weight. Of course being a vegatarian blows so now i do eat meat, but hey you could try that... I would suggest any of the things said above but if you cant take that then go for it.
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...
# 9
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/11/2005 4:29 am
> this diet is seriously lacking in protein. without protein, your body
> will burn your muscle for energy.

Yeah, you might be right. I suppliment with the occasional thing like non-fat yogurt or a couple of bananas.
I think I make up for it on weekends too.
I usually stick to the diet all week, then on weekends I'll let go a little.
Like, Saturday I had pizza and Sunday I had a huge plate of lazagna.
I feel like absolute crap today now though.
All week I've got all kindsa energy and feel great. Today I feel like I was poisoned or something. No energy and major heartburn.
I'm actually looking forward to going back on the diet again.

BTW: if anybody has a Mac with Hypercard, I wrote a nutritional program way back in about 1993. It's got something like 2000 recipes, a BMI calculator, meal plans, calorie counter and a whole bunch of nutritional info.
I stopped working on it cause the web came along and kinda made it outdated, but the dietplan section works really well for keeping track of your daily meals etc..
It's here if anybody wants it.

http://s93744050.onlinehome.us/Nutrimaster.sit
# 10
kingdavid
kingdavid
07/11/2005 8:26 am
I'm 5' 8" or thereabouts, and I weigh about 56 KG, I don't know what that is in pounds. I'll need to go to the gym to build some muscle. I think I want it.
One advantage of being skinny: makes your willy stand out. :D
Oh, and shaving, that helps too. To make it stand out.
# 11
kingdavid
kingdavid
07/11/2005 8:30 am
Originally Posted by: 1houdiniDid I stumble into the food network?

Nah, that's just guitartricks for you. Anything goes. In fact I'd say about 50% of the stuff discussed here has nothing to do with guitar. And people here have a way of putting zany into every thread. It's like folks wait to out do each other with zaniness.
Love it though! :)
# 12
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
07/12/2005 4:24 am
Another advantage is that chicks despise hair.
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...
# 13
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/12/2005 4:28 am
Originally Posted by: kingdavidOne advantage of being skinny: makes your willy stand out. :D

ok, now I have motivation for losing weight! lol jk.
my spyspace
# 14
kingdavid
kingdavid
07/12/2005 4:12 pm
Originally Posted by: x0o_BurnOut_o0xAnother advantage is that chicks despise hair.

I hate [u]that[/u] hair too.
If a chick ever asks me why I need her to shave, I have a ready answer:
"I need you to shave coz if you don't, going down on ya will feel like kissing Osama in the morning (before he's brushed his teeth)"

*Braces himself for a slap, either from a girl or a mod*
# 15
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/12/2005 4:25 pm
Originally Posted by: kingdavidI hate [u]that[/u] hair too.
"I need you to shave coz if you don't, going down on ya will feel like kissing Osama in the morning (before he's brushed his teeth)"

I disagree... I dunno... I kind of like it to be honest...

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 16
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
07/12/2005 5:18 pm
Originally Posted by: kingdavidI hate [u]that[/u] hair too.

I'd get mad... but no. I just can't. I'm just going to go eat an omelet.

# 17
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/14/2005 12:44 am
Originally Posted by: CW14I'm 4'3" and weigh 792.3lbs. The doctor said I might want to cut down on the cakes

hahaha, one time in lunch, one of my obese friends went to sit down, but as soon as he did the wheel under the bench came out and as soon as it did I looked over and saw the end break down as soon as it hit the floor he slid to the floor. As we were all laughing our arses off, the princable came over to see what happened and told him jokingly to lay off the desserts. But seriously though (I know you were kidding, but to everyone else) The best way to lose weight is as scmage and pantallica said is to cut calories, eat protein and get exercise. I did this and was losing 1-3 pounds a day. At that rate I slowed down a bit, thats too much too fast. I lost over 30 lbs in a little over a month.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 18
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/14/2005 3:08 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI disagree... I dunno... I kind of like it to be honest...

I was thinking about how I'd put that one and kind of thought that it was easy to get the wrong idea. I like it kept in order, just not bald... in case anyone really cared.

Hulk Smash!!

# 19
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
07/14/2005 7:12 am
How did this thread turn from omelletes to pubes? I'm a simple man i like my omelettes cheesy and my women shaven.
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.