who does this children of bodom guy think he is?

TheWizard
TheWizard
03/08/2005 11:40 pm
ok so who else read the new guitar world with Steve Vai, Zack Wylde and Alex laiho

during the entire interview alex laiho talks trash about Dream Theater and John Petrucci

who does this kid think he is?
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...
# 1
dargon
dargon
03/09/2005 10:21 am
hey
he is guitarist from cob.he is the good guitarist but he have get up somekind
of liquid in her head.sorry but i have maybe some mistake in spelling.try understand
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/09/2005 3:14 pm
Originally Posted by: dargonhey
he is guitarist from cob.he is the good guitarist but he have get up somekind
of liquid in her head.sorry but i have maybe some mistake in spelling.try understand

I agree, actually, that Laiho is a phenomenal guitarist. However, I have NO idea why he's talking trash about Petrucci. You'd think as a metal guitarist he'd hold Dream Theater in pretty high regard...
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/09/2005 6:58 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonI agree, actually, that Laiho is a phenomenal guitarist. However, I have NO idea why he's talking trash about Petrucci. You'd think as a metal guitarist he'd hold Dream Theater in pretty high regard...

I haven't read the interview yet, so I'm not going to comment too much about it, but you have to admit they come from two entirely different "ethics" of making music.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/09/2005 7:04 pm
Originally Posted by: Raskolnikovbut you have to admit they come from two entirely different "ethics" of making music.

Well, that's definitely true.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 5
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
03/09/2005 7:57 pm
Alexi is just a young punk who's trying to get some attention to his band, and it's working. His view's on Petrucci are just his opinions. I kinda thought it was funny that he said that DT's music is more like a sport. Kinda true in a sense, don't get me wrong, I love Dream Theater and not much on Children Of Bodom, but DT's music really is music for musicians.....I'd like to see Alexi try to hang with Petrucci in a jam....
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 6
killerqueen
killerqueen
03/09/2005 9:51 pm
Originally Posted by: TheWizardwho does this kid think he is?

who cares? its not as if anyone will have heard of them in a few years time :D
Elvis Lives (in my basement)
# 7
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/09/2005 10:11 pm
Originally Posted by: killerqueenwho cares? its not as if anyone will have heard of them in a few years time :D

Ah...

CoB has at least three or four US releases, strong European support, and a long established hardcore fan base which is growing.

They're probably going to be around for a while.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 8
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/09/2005 10:15 pm
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovAh...

CoB has at least three or four US releases, strong European support, and a long established hardcore fan base which is growing.

Beat me to it.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 9
killerqueen
killerqueen
03/09/2005 10:33 pm
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovAh...

yeah but they say that about so many people... think busted for one :p

and what are slipknot doing these days? noone seems to have heard from them in quite a while
# 10
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/09/2005 10:59 pm
Originally Posted by: killerqueenyeah but they say that about so many people... think busted for one :p

and what are slipknot doing these days? noone seems to have heard from them in quite a while

Possessed hasn't done anything in 15 years and everybody who really knows their Black and Death Metal at least knows who they are and their work still holds influence today.

You could say similar things about Kreator, Faith No More, Bad Brains, The Mighty, Mighty Bosstones and a multitude of other acts.

And as much as I dispise Slipknot, I can't stand on the sidewalk in Randolph for more than five minutes without some acne infested kid in a beat up Honda CRX with bad exhaust and a park bench mounted on the back of it driving past blarring their stuff. A lot of the guys in the band have made names for themselves, Cory already has a new band that's doing well and everybody else seems to have endorsement deals.

Good, bad or indifferent, they're going to be with us for a while, too.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 11
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
03/09/2005 11:11 pm
I think alexi could "hang" in a jam with petrucci,but not out do him in his realm(jazz/rock)...I'm not sure petrucci could one up alexi's classical runs/tricks though.

I havnt read the article,so I can't comment how 'appropriate' it was.

And yes,unless alexi dies in a mass attack of DT fans,he will be around for a long time(which is good,cause I like COB)
Try once,fail twice...
# 12
TheWizard
TheWizard
03/09/2005 11:52 pm
i don't care how good he is (btw his 'I bet you can't play this' in GW a couple months ago was a joke) but I mean common kid show some respect

you know Petrucci could blow him and 99.0% of any other guitarist out there away
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...
# 13
killerqueen
killerqueen
03/10/2005 12:19 am
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovPossessed hasn't done anything in 15 years and everybody who really knows their Black and Death Metal at least knows who they are and their work still holds influence today.

You could say similar things about Kreator, Faith No More, Bad Brains, The Mighty, Mighty Bosstones and a multitude of other acts.

And as much as I dispise Slipknot, I can't stand on the sidewalk in Randolph for more than five minutes without some acne infested kid in a beat up Honda CRX with bad exhaust and a park bench mounted on the back of it driving past blarring their stuff. A lot of the guys in the band have made names for themselves, Cory already has a new band that's doing well and everybody else seems to have endorsement deals.

Good, bad or indifferent, they're going to be with us for a while, too.

but just because they're around doesnt mean they're gonna stay AROUND if you see what i mean ( :confused: )... just because they're still hanging about doesnt mean that they're musically any good (apologies for the bitchiness sounding of that statement but i cant think of any other way to get the point across). it doesnt mean that future guitarists/musicians are going to go "my god! they were the biggest influence on my life" like a lot of people say about the guys they've been slagging off.
that's what i meant when i said noone will have heard of them in a few years time...
but anyway i dont want to argue (peace is the only way forward :D )with anyone, i was just giving my opinion... i'll probably be wrong anyway, maybe they will be around forever and change the face of music as we know it... (*chuckle*)

again, dont want to argue! :p
# 14
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/10/2005 12:57 am
Originally Posted by: killerqueenbut just because they're around doesnt mean they're gonna stay AROUND if you see what i mean ( :confused: )... just because they're still hanging about doesnt mean that they're musically any good (apologies for the bitchiness sounding of that statement but i cant think of any other way to get the point across). it doesnt mean that future guitarists/musicians are going to go "my god! they were the biggest influence on my life" like a lot of people say about the guys they've been slagging off.[/quote]
Yeah, but on the other hand, not being your bag doesn't mean it won't happen, either.

It's not like we're talking about a gaggle of hacks here; I wouldn't say that Children of Bodom are up on Dream Theater's level of pure musicianship, but they're still damn good, they've toured extensively, built up a solid fan base the hard way and their music is accesssable to people who aren't musicians.

Barring an unforseen breakup, they're not going anywhere and whenever they do eventually split up, their fans aren't going to stop listening and I doubt new fans will stop getting into them.

[QUOTE=killerqueen]but anyway i dont want to argue (peace is the only way forward :D )with anyone, i was just giving my opinion...

And likewise, I don't want it to seem like I'm coming down on you but, personally, I enjoy discussing my differences with people.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 15
killerqueen
killerqueen
03/10/2005 2:38 am
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovAnd likewise, I don't want it to seem like I'm coming down on you but, personally, I enjoy discussing my differences with people.

right-o, cool
hums "peace on earth" and sways...
# 16
dargon
dargon
03/10/2005 10:37 am
i have to say that alexi is got too much and too fast.
i like that petrucci is better than laiho.But he come from finland where i also
come.i must give my vote to alexi laiho.
# 17
Re2point0
Re2point0
03/10/2005 3:07 pm
I prefer Petrucci over Alexi, because petrucci isnt going to retaliate to this retarded thing he says in the mag. It doesnt even make anysense. He busts on petrucci because he never makes a mistake live. Doesnt that make him better than alexi????? I'de hafta say so. You dont have to mess up live to have fun. It sucks... Alexi is just trying to get his name floating around, thats all.

Petrucci's solo album is out by the way..
# 18
HDJ
HDJ
03/10/2005 4:57 pm
Originally Posted by: Re2point0Alexi is just trying to get his name floating around, thats all.

And it's working.....Look at how many post are on this thread.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 19
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/10/2005 6:30 pm
Maybe he's just a general jerk. Can't expect every great guitist to be a pleasing conversationalist.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.