View post (who does this children of bodom guy think he is?)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/10/2005 12:57 am
Originally Posted by: killerqueenbut just because they're around doesnt mean they're gonna stay AROUND if you see what i mean ( :confused: )... just because they're still hanging about doesnt mean that they're musically any good (apologies for the bitchiness sounding of that statement but i cant think of any other way to get the point across). it doesnt mean that future guitarists/musicians are going to go "my god! they were the biggest influence on my life" like a lot of people say about the guys they've been slagging off.[/quote]
Yeah, but on the other hand, not being your bag doesn't mean it won't happen, either.

It's not like we're talking about a gaggle of hacks here; I wouldn't say that Children of Bodom are up on Dream Theater's level of pure musicianship, but they're still damn good, they've toured extensively, built up a solid fan base the hard way and their music is accesssable to people who aren't musicians.

Barring an unforseen breakup, they're not going anywhere and whenever they do eventually split up, their fans aren't going to stop listening and I doubt new fans will stop getting into them.

[QUOTE=killerqueen]but anyway i dont want to argue (peace is the only way forward :D )with anyone, i was just giving my opinion...

And likewise, I don't want it to seem like I'm coming down on you but, personally, I enjoy discussing my differences with people.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons