who does this children of bodom guy think he is?

alucard0941
alucard0941
03/11/2005 12:15 am
Liaho is a good guitartist. He maybe is better than Malmsteen now.

BUT!!

he is the opposite when it it comes to originality.

Liaho and sliced bread are antonmys when it comes to originality...
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 1
alucard0941
alucard0941
03/11/2005 12:17 am
Originally Posted by: Raskolnikovbut you have to admit they come from two entirely different "ethics" of making music.

sorry, but please elaborate, what do you mean by different ethics?
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 2
silentmusic
silentmusic
03/11/2005 1:25 am
Maybe this guy thinks he is a gangsta guitarist and puts his opponents down cause he thinks they isnt hippidyhop cool or what ever slang they use lol aiiight!!!
:o
Akira says;
"i was expecting some 3476 string string skipping with some 23489172343 octave sweeps and some alt picking runs at 345734237623572bpm in 234872364781246164516th notes across your 2384723648724627348623478264 fret guitar"
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/11/2005 2:32 am
Originally Posted by: alucard0941
Originally Posted by: Raskolnikovbut you have to admit they come from two entirely different "ethics" of making music.

sorry, but please elaborate, what do you mean by different ethics?

A Dream Theater song is a highly polished, highly technical vehicle for soloing. A CoB song is designed to be a kickass Metal song.

So, in other words, Dream Theater sets out to do things that make musicians go "woah!" Sometimes, somewhere along the way, people might headbang to it.

CoB sets out to make people headbang. Sometimes, somewhere along the way, it might make musicians go "woah!"
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
alucard0941
alucard0941
03/11/2005 4:28 am
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovA Dream Theater song is a highly polished, highly technical vehicle for soloing. A CoB song is designed to be a kickass Metal song.

So, in other words, Dream Theater sets out to do things that make musicians go "woah!" Sometimes, somewhere along the way, people might headbang to it.

CoB sets out to make people headbang. Sometimes, somewhere along the way, it might make musicians go "woah!"

oh I gotcha
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 5
Dante7978
Dante7978
03/13/2005 11:50 pm
I don't understand why Laiho would bag on Petrucci on playing fast. Petrucci is a fricking great guitarist who I find more original than Laiho. Of course these are my opinions exclusively, but Laiho shouldn't consider himself a good enough guitarist to talk trash about others. Anyways, I don't want to turn this into a hateful discussion, for those of you who think Petrucci is all about speed, go download Dream Theater - Hollow Years right now. They paly it live at Budokan, and its great with the extended solo.
HADOUUUU KEN!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:
# 6
silentmusic
silentmusic
03/13/2005 11:57 pm
Originally Posted by: Dante7978I don't understand why Laiho would bag on Petrucci on playing fast. Petrucci is a fricking great guitarist who I find more original than Laiho. Of course these are my opinions exclusively, but Laiho shouldn't consider himself a good enough guitarist to talk trash about others. Anyways, I don't want to turn this into a hateful discussion, for those of you who think Petrucci is all about speed, go download Dream Theater - Hollow Years right now. They paly it live at Budokan, and its great with the extended solo.

Agreed altough I have to admit I havent heard of this band that Laiho is in (yep maybe im under a rock) but as a DT fan since 94 I know that if ur going to bag on someone why bag on someone with so much guitar ability?? and yep the Live at Budokan dvd is great... :D
Akira says;
"i was expecting some 3476 string string skipping with some 23489172343 octave sweeps and some alt picking runs at 345734237623572bpm in 234872364781246164516th notes across your 2384723648724627348623478264 fret guitar"
# 7
majestyc
majestyc
03/14/2005 1:57 am
Originally Posted by: JFRICKAlexi is just a young punk who's trying to get some attention to his band, and it's working. His view's on Petrucci are just his opinions. I kinda thought it was funny that he said that DT's music is more like a sport. Kinda true in a sense, don't get me wrong, I love Dream Theater and not much on Children Of Bodom, but DT's music really is music for musicians.....I'd like to see Alexi try to hang with Petrucci in a jam....

hee'll look like a kid with a plastic guitar
[FONT=Fixedsys]rrrrr[/FON

Mr John Petrucci is the best
I wanna be like him
PETRUCCI WANNA BE
# 8
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
03/16/2005 2:11 am
I'd wager good money that alexi could put petrucci to shame in some aspects like classical runs and 'trem-trickery'.
Try once,fail twice...
# 9
Bloody Fantasia
Bloody Fantasia
03/17/2005 2:13 am
Originally Posted by: TheWizardok so who else read the new guitar world with Steve Vai, Zack Wylde and Alex laiho

during the entire interview alex laiho talks trash about Dream Theater and John Petrucci

who does this kid think he is?

hey..alexi isn't against Jon petrucci..hey if you read the shred guitarist columns in a few magazines before it, it said that dream theater was one of his idols...i love dream theater but hey , who is more interesting,, bodom or theater? I love bite of the misquito by jon petrucci and jordan rudess if you ever heard their solo live album..IDK, just don't think of it as trash, he's more of a upbeat guitarist that shows alittle more looser mentality but applies it musically,like look at them...they are the only band i know that will put a very childish but complicated high pitched melody to death voice and a rolling double bass drum. Alexi is judging style... not how well jon petrucci lays his guitar parts down (Dream theater is a band that sololy makes their parts individually which is rare.)....Just understand where he's coming from...its an odd point of view and he doesn't say it in the easiest manner to understand but hey, he's alexi laiho..the only really good guitarist who's enough of a douche bag(kidding around) to get drunk and fall off of a car to break his arm.lol

Marcus Le Doux
# 10
Bloody Fantasia
Bloody Fantasia
03/17/2005 2:21 am
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartI'd wager good money that alexi could put petrucci to shame in some aspects like classical runs and 'trem-trickery'.

i bet you petrucci will put laiho on his ass.. I love laiho's style and playing but what was petrucci doing when Alexi was self teaching with videos about arppegios at home???Jon was in Berkley earning his degree in music along with portnoy and rudass,sherinian,Myung, and Labrie.Berkley is the best music college in america. I hate to say it but listen to Dream Theaters Instrumedley on their "Live in Budokan" Album...if you can plan and play all of that with a more experienced band and to concetrate that much to where it's like heaven and playing that is easy for him....It puts Laiho to shame..i even think that one day I'll be better than laiho...but yea right..no matter how many days i practice 6 hours a day....I'll never have that mentality...its all in your head on how well you really play..try it ....there is always someone better than you...but there is never another YOU out there...and that's how a guitar player should think...same with every other musician..

Marcus Le Doux
# 11
ibo2
ibo2
03/17/2005 2:38 am
Originally Posted by: Bloody Fantasiahey..alexi isn't against Jon petrucci..hey if you read the shred guitarist columns in a few magazines before it, it said that dream theater was one of his idols

Exactly. He wasn't raggin on him at all, just stating his opinion that there are two ways to go about it (Playing perfectly, thinking more about playing each note right, or to just get up there and put on a good show, make some mistakes, and laugh about them, because it doesn't have to be perfect, that's what the record is for), and they're just two different guitar players.
# 12
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/17/2005 4:22 am
Originally Posted by: TheWizardwho does this kid think he is?

Perhaps he thinks he is Captain America!!!

But aren't we all?
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 13
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
03/17/2005 10:37 am
Why captain america?He is from finland,lol

I'll also take this time to say mike portnoy is crappy drummer from what I saw of a drum clinic...well not 'crappy',but he dosn't deserve his own signature cymbal pack.
Try once,fail twice...
# 14
riffzilla
riffzilla
03/19/2005 2:33 am
let's clear up a few things...in the alexi laiho profile in GW, he barely mentions petrucci and dream theater. what he says is that john petrucci's style wouldn't fit extreme metal, and he's right. he also says that petrucci plays "super fast and super well" but that dream theater still comes off as "super lame". he could be referring to anything from their image to their lyrics or whatever. so he's not fond of petrucci. big deal. but he does not trash talk him throughout the entire profile. besides, laiho is playing at petrucci's level and he has to be at least ten years younger, if not more.
# 15
majestyc
majestyc
03/20/2005 5:44 am
LOL hee hee hee that guy in petrucci's level, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyy
[FONT=Fixedsys]rrrrr[/FON

Mr John Petrucci is the best
I wanna be like him
PETRUCCI WANNA BE
# 16
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
03/20/2005 1:42 pm
"Yes he is!"

"No he isn't!"

"petrucci eats frosted flakes cereal for breakfast"

"yeah,but alexi eats pop tarts for breakfast cuz cereal is lame like dream thearter"

"dude,dream thearter so rocks,and I drink Budwieswer"

"they suck,cob's better and I drink guiness"

The only way this would be settled is a duel.So unless you can get Alexi and Petrucci to have a little showdown,then back and forth 'yes he is,no he's not' crap is useless.
Try once,fail twice...
# 17
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
03/20/2005 2:54 pm
hahahaa...

Kellog's Fruity Petrucci Pebbles

or...

General Mill's Alexi laih O's
Try once,fail twice...
# 18
IronMaiden45
IronMaiden45
03/22/2005 2:14 am
The person who recently said he didn't say anything that bad about pettruci is right. He just said they play lame. Besides Laiho is almost as good maybe even and yes he is alot younger. You only don't like him because his music may be different. Also, I'm sure most of you who just said Laiho sucks have never seen him and his instructional videos. He can do it all and he doesn't necessarily need to play insanley fast to play well. Speed isn't everything in metal and I have to agree with the way that petrucci plays its just too fast sometimes and it doesnt sound that good. I am not going say any more about this because I am not here to diss Petrucci because he is an awesome guitarist but I am only defending Laiho. But I wanna know a detailed responce on why you don't like him.
# 19
IronMaiden45
IronMaiden45
03/22/2005 2:28 am
Originally Posted by: Re2point0I prefer Petrucci over Alexi, because petrucci isnt going to retaliate to this retarded thing he says in the mag. It doesnt even make anysense. He busts on petrucci because he never makes a mistake live. Doesnt that make him better than alexi????? I'de hafta say so. You dont have to mess up live to have fun. It sucks... Alexi is just trying to get his name floating around, thats all.

Petrucci's solo album is out by the way..

I dont think he needs to get his name floating around as he is on the cover of the magazine with Zakk Wylde and Steve Vai. Also, he isn't suggesting that you mess up on purpose lol. He is saying put on a kick ass show even if it envolves making a few errors. WHat would you rather see, a guy standing around sounding perfect or have a guy that's full of energy and moving around getting the crowd pumped. Also, Alexi sings too. He has alot more to be concerned with on stage. And dont go he doesnt sing he just shouts or w/e because that's bull. It still takes serious effort.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.