who does this children of bodom guy think he is?

Re2point0
Re2point0
03/22/2005 2:45 am
just cause pertrucci doesnt jump around and thorw his guitar around like a maniac doesnt mean he's not having fun. petrucci has a more mature way of preforming. Alexi just... does it.

i'm sure many people of this forum agree

dream theater over Children of Bodom
# 1
ibo2
ibo2
03/26/2005 5:01 am
Bull**** CoB is waaaay more fun, hands down. More FUN that what's music's about. Who would you rather go see, someone who sits on a chair and shreds (not saying petrucci sits on a chair, just making a point) or someone who walks around, maybe jumps around, and does a bunch of cool **** WHILE he shreds? Dude, Laiho is so much more fun a performer.
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/26/2005 6:29 am
Originally Posted by: ibo2someone who walks around, maybe jumps around.

I'm sorry. That would be FAR too awesome for me to handle. Walking around is one thing, but potential jumpage? I'm not sure if my heart would give out.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/26/2005 6:37 am
Originally Posted by: IronMaiden45Also, Alexi sings too.

To an extent.... :rolleyes: :confused:
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
03/26/2005 8:04 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonTo an extent.... :rolleyes: :confused:

oh whatever jolly,we all know your stance on anything other than clean/falsetto vocals. :p

If I had such taste,I would have to throw out all my music except Symphony X...oh wait,his voice does get growly in one passage I think...oh well *dump*
Try once,fail twice...
# 5
Adji
Adji
03/27/2005 2:16 pm
OK i just joined here and i dint fancy reding seven pages so...

I think Alexi Laiho is a greta guitarist and ehs one of my favourite players. CoB are also one of my favourite bands so im going to be biased naturally but... I really dont like Dream Theatre at all. Prog jsut isnt my thing, sure they are all great individually but when they get to gethe rand play its, jsut...well..****e. Sorry to offend anyone on my first few moments here as a newb but yknow.
# 6
alucard0941
alucard0941
03/28/2005 3:57 am
Originally Posted by: ibo2Bull**** CoB is waaaay more fun, hands down. More FUN that what's music's about. Who would you rather go see, someone who sits on a chair and shreds (not saying petrucci sits on a chair, just making a point) or someone who walks around, maybe jumps around, and does a bunch of cool **** WHILE he shreds? Dude, Laiho is so much more fun a performer.

THEN WHY DONT WE ALL WORSHIP VAN HALEN!!!!!!!!!!!
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 7
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
03/28/2005 8:26 am
I have to say,if a person is crazy about petrucci then it will be just as exiting as any COB show(but for me,since I know and love almost every cob song,it would be much more exciting to see alexi perform).

Alexi wasn't specificly saying petrucci was 'lame' was he?If he dosn't like dream thearter and thinks the music and performance of it is dull,then thats fine.I don't see why he 'must' like dream thearter.He obviously respects petrucci as a guitarist,like I do,but I can't get into the music itself.

I'll come right out and say I think satriani's music blows,but his solo's are great and he is a phenominal guitarist.I feel it just dosn't translate into the songwriting.

Am I commiting some kind of virtuoso blaspheme?
Try once,fail twice...
# 8
TheWizard
TheWizard
04/03/2005 12:02 am
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovA Dream Theater song is a highly polished, highly technical vehicle for soloing. A CoB song is designed to be a kickass Metal song.

So, in other words, Dream Theater sets out to do things that make musicians go "woah!" Sometimes, somewhere along the way, people might headbang to it.

CoB sets out to make people headbang. Sometimes, somewhere along the way, it might make musicians go "woah!"

DT songs are not just vehicles for soloing

at one time it was, but since James has developed his voice better, they have been striving for much more Pink Floyd type songs while keeping the amazing technical ability
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...
# 9
TheWizard
TheWizard
04/03/2005 12:03 am
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartWhy captain america?He is from finland,lol

I'll also take this time to say mike portnoy is crappy drummer from what I saw of a drum clinic...well not 'crappy',but he dosn't deserve his own signature cymbal pack.

now that is a stupid thing to say

Mike is by far the best drummer out there today, right next to Neil Peart

seriously have you ever listened to a DT song?
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...
# 10
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/03/2005 12:58 am
Originally Posted by: TheWizardDT songs are not just vehicles for soloing

at one time it was, but since James has developed his voice better, they have been striving for much more Pink Floyd type songs while keeping the amazing technical ability

This is, of course totally subjective but I have still yet to hear one of their songs and thought "damn, that was a good song." Their stuff feels contrived to me. I'm definately impressed by what they do on a technical level but it doesn't move me. Symphony X, I think does a much better job of being badass technicians who can put together a good song -- their songs have a much more natural flow and when there's a solo, it feels like it belongs there.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 11
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/03/2005 3:00 am
Originally Posted by: TheWizardMike is by far the best drummer out there today

now that is a stupid thing to say...

He dosn't touch half the drummers I know of with a witherd stick.Yeah,i'm talking about technical death/black/epic metal,but still,they mop the floor with him.
Try once,fail twice...
# 12
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/03/2005 3:00 am
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovSymphony X, I think does a much better job of being badass technicians who can put together a good song -- their songs have a much more natural flow and when there's a solo, it feels like it belongs there.

Agreed...they balance technical playing while not letting you snooze off.Michael easily rivals petrucci in skill as well.(ok,I am biased obviously).
Try once,fail twice...
# 13
dustinwolgamott
dustinwolgamott
04/03/2005 9:22 am
First of all I love both bands so this is just how I see it. I am a guitar Virtuoso myself I have been playing since I was six now im 23 So yea I can play both guys stuff.

I like the comment that one of you made about DT and Vai being "Musicians Bands" this is the truest thing ever said. You have to play to appreciate their sh##. Petrucci is really flashy he uses a lot of scales other than penatonic so that is really cool. I love some of his solos then I hate some of them. Being fashy as John can sometimes take away from a song. I am glad for his sake he is progressive rock.

COB is a band that I see being huge for a long time. Alexi is making it known that he is a force to be recconed with. He is a absolute god. He is james and kirk all rolled up in an attractive little package. LOL I see cob being our kids Metallica. But if not You all really have to respcet that a Death metal based group has hit number one on the charts overseas higher than Brittney spears did in the U.S. And if I read it correctly he didnt really trash Johns' playing I am sure he thinks that he is good. He just said that DT is rather lame but that may have a lot to do with their singer, the music in my opinion is great!
# 14
dustinwolgamott
dustinwolgamott
04/05/2005 5:21 am
Hey I just seen the music vid. for lost, trashed, and strung out today. OMG that was insane. Great song writing ability, and most important origanility. Alexi wasnt my fav. guitarist but he is quickly climbing the chart. He is sooooo young like 24 I believe. DAMN that is just SICK!

His classical runs can possibly only be compared to malmsteen and Well yea malmsteen is better at guitar probably but he cant sing or write a song worth sh## in my opinion. But I love his sweep picking!!!! Bodom is coming to the U.S. very soon. I think that all of you DT fans should give him a shot you may like the energy!! Who cares if he thinks DT sucks. I mean that is his musical taste. To each his own I say. I really dont see John Petrucci jaming out to Bodom either. But Alexi loves Steve Vai sooooo Yea that is cool. There must just be something about DT that annoys him............? :cool: :cool: :confused:
# 15
bodoman
bodoman
04/12/2005 7:34 pm
Laihos not bad mouthing dream theater, hes only saying that petrucci is too perfect in his playing and that he should be more easy flowing in his playing instead of a perfectionist. Anyone whos been to a dream theater concert knows petrucci will never miss a note
# 16

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.