Is this pathetic?

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
06/14/2004 12:54 am
Im 21, like most people I have already a few regrets and bad memories from my relatively short existence.
I regret losing certain friends in silly arguments, or girlfriends though lack of experience in relationships. I guess I feel I could have done better at uni too, or perhaps saved more money over the years instead of wasting it on McDonalds and guitar strings.
But you the biggest let down in my life? The thing that upsets me most? Its that the band whose music has provided the back-drop to my life as grew up, Guns n Roses, dont exist anymore. I no its silly but it actually gets me down sometimes when I think about it. Axl n Slash... I'll never seem them Live on stage... ever!! I'll never hear a new GnR song again.
I'll never forget the day I got 'Appetite For Desruction'! I ran around the streets looking for my best pal to tell him about it, he was doing his paper round at the time!
And I'll never forget hearing the song 'Estranged' and just being totally blown away by it. To me, it still remains today as thee most awesome display of metal/rock guitaring.
So my question is... is it patheitic for me to feel this way? I mean dont get me wrong, I have a social life, good friends, nice girl etc, but really its kinda tragic to think that the thing I cherish the most, the music of guns n roses, it something I'll never see in person :(
If something happened to Slash or Axl, something that meant the door completely closed on them every working together again, then I'd be utterly devistated. Theres still a slim chance GnR could get back together, the whole thing is torture for us Guns fans!
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/14/2004 1:09 am
Chill dude, there will be things in life that will pale G&R into total obsolesce.
You will look back and say... "what was I thinking ?"

I had a rude awakening when I was 21 when my dad died.

That was one big old wake up call !

Took me the thick end of two years to get my feet back on the ground. But I did and life goes on, well for me anyway !

So....enjoy being who you are at the age you are, it won't last !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
06/14/2004 1:16 am
Not really..I feel that way sometimes...Like my all time favorite guitarist is randy rhodes...I will never ever get to see him play...Sorta puts me down that my idol is dead :( :(
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 3
alucard0941
alucard0941
06/14/2004 4:39 am
Originally Posted by: ketsueki15Not really..I feel that way sometimes...Like my all time favorite guitarist is randy rhodes...I will never ever get to see him play...Sorta puts me down that my idol is dead :( :(

Same here, but with SRV
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 4
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/14/2004 9:01 am
I've never really had that problem, since none of my favourite bands
has existed in the years I've listened to rock, so I came to terms with
the fact that I'll never see any of them live pretty early in my life, although
I might just be able to catch a KISS concert before they split up.
# 5
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
06/14/2004 9:16 am
oh my god this thread is SOOOO pathetic *LOL* :D

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 6
kingdavid
kingdavid
06/14/2004 1:17 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simon...I had a rude awakening when I was 21 when my dad died.

That was one big old wake up call !

Took me the thick end of two years to get my feet back on the ground. But I did and life goes on...

Yeah, life goes on,although sometimes I wonder if I ever will really get my feet back on the ground.Not that I'm not doing anything for mysel,but I wonder.
But life goes on.
# 7
Inisfail
Inisfail
06/14/2004 2:54 pm
Hey, life is a rollercoaster no matter who you are or where you from. That's something you just have to accept. I recently had a very rough time with my family and my life won't be the same again. That sux and I think it's unfair but there is nothing I can do about it.

You know, the sun will shine again and sometimes the clouds will cover it. Sometimes the clouds bear rain and lightning, but they will aswell also disappear one day.

Also, I don't know how the relationship is between you and your friends you mentioned, but I think it's never too late to repair damages no matter how big they are. If you really want these friends back and maybe also keep your ex as a friend; try. If you try and they don't accept it, you've at least done your best and if you have, maybe they'll come back.

Take care, dude. Who knows? One day Slash and Axl maybe need some new money.. ;)
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
# 8
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
06/14/2004 2:56 pm
I mean dont get me wrong, this isnt some teenage anxst thing.

I guess some people see there fav band on tour every year, its like an event for some people, something to look forward to. Kinda like xmas. Imagine if there suddenly was no xmas! I mean I dont actually like xmas but hopefully you see what Im getting at!

Its just so frustrating that Axl n Slash, together, could probably make a record that would skae things up again. Axl was amazing at constructing songs and bring different flavours to them, vocally and style wise.
I feel the VR and Snakepit albums were a bit boring in that they lacked variety.

I just hope Slash n Axl get things together again :(
# 9
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
06/14/2004 3:02 pm
About the friends... It was last year. One of my best pals was cheating on his girlfriend, who happened to be my girlfriends best pal. I really found it difficult to watch it happen cos she was a nice girl and it was unfair. I ended up telling my girlfriend what was happening and of course she told her pal. My pal then turned against me and told the other guys in our group a lota crap so they ignored me too.
Earlier this year I started talkin to those pals again but theyve kinda changed. Its cool though cos I joined a pool team and I always have my friends from skating and guitar.
It goes to show how quickly people can change. Those guys are in there 20s and had ambitions and, well morals, and now.... well.... they seem to spend all there money on drinking and smoking pot. Ive kinda lost respect for them now.
# 10
Inisfail
Inisfail
06/14/2004 3:46 pm
I know what you mean about seeing the band every year (or at least as often as you can). Fans to rock/metal bands are truly the most dedicated. If just something doesn't fill up their expertations they get angry and disapointed. I think it's kinda tough also for the bandmembers, knowing that even the slightiest change can make their fans go mad.
# 11
Digit
Digit
06/14/2004 3:55 pm
No matter what happens just remember that life is like an elevator... it has its ups and it has its downs...
No wait... life is like a hamburger. It has its top and bottom but mostly its just meaty filling... no wait...
# 12
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/14/2004 4:51 pm
Humm,

I think the analogy you are looking for is:

life is like a Sh*t sandwich, the more bread you got, the less sh*t you eat !

KingDavid, it is hard comfort but time heals all things one way or another !
10 years on it won't seem so devastating !
# 13
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
06/14/2004 5:47 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simonbread

What are you, some kind of hippie or something?!?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad:
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 14
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/14/2004 8:44 pm
Well if I was it is better than being either:

a) parody of a bad Beetles song
or
b) green thing that looks like it is taking a dump !

:)

(cheeky bugger !)
# 15
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
06/15/2004 3:49 am
FYI, it's a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, a pop culture reference to the days of my youth.

He's wearing an orange bandana, so that means he's Michaelangelo, the nunchuck wielding, surfer-type, kid brother of the foursome.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 16
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/15/2004 11:56 am
I guess that makes him a "turd-el" !

Boom Boom !!
# 17
Inisfail
Inisfail
06/15/2004 12:44 pm
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanFYI, it's a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, a pop culture reference to the days of my youth.

He's wearing an orange bandana, so that means he's Michaelangelo, the nunchuck wielding, surfer-type, kid brother of the foursome.

Turtles is just so damn thrash! Doesn't Anthrax's Ian having turtles on his guitar? Or, had? :confused:

Oh, by the way, was I the only one who felt ín love with April when I was young? :eek:
# 18
kingdavid
kingdavid
06/15/2004 5:26 pm
Doc,
I am OK. Really. But once every so often I'll go back in time, think about how things used to be, think about how things could have been, and let's just say I can't help choke up. But it passes,and I'm cool.
It's not a crime to think these things.
Oh,and it's been 9 years,and someties it feels like it happened last week. Oh well.
*Shrug*
TSK!!
# 19
kingdavid
kingdavid
06/15/2004 5:31 pm
Originally Posted by: Inisfail...Oh, by the way, was I the only one who felt ín love with April when I was young...

If you mean April,the month, I loved it coz in Kenya,April is a school holiday month.And if you've been to my site and know "a bit" about my childhood,you know why!;)
If April is someone,a band, some type of burger....oops!
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.