View post (Is this pathetic?)

View thread

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
06/14/2004 12:54 am
Im 21, like most people I have already a few regrets and bad memories from my relatively short existence.
I regret losing certain friends in silly arguments, or girlfriends though lack of experience in relationships. I guess I feel I could have done better at uni too, or perhaps saved more money over the years instead of wasting it on McDonalds and guitar strings.
But you the biggest let down in my life? The thing that upsets me most? Its that the band whose music has provided the back-drop to my life as grew up, Guns n Roses, dont exist anymore. I no its silly but it actually gets me down sometimes when I think about it. Axl n Slash... I'll never seem them Live on stage... ever!! I'll never hear a new GnR song again.
I'll never forget the day I got 'Appetite For Desruction'! I ran around the streets looking for my best pal to tell him about it, he was doing his paper round at the time!
And I'll never forget hearing the song 'Estranged' and just being totally blown away by it. To me, it still remains today as thee most awesome display of metal/rock guitaring.
So my question is... is it patheitic for me to feel this way? I mean dont get me wrong, I have a social life, good friends, nice girl etc, but really its kinda tragic to think that the thing I cherish the most, the music of guns n roses, it something I'll never see in person :(
If something happened to Slash or Axl, something that meant the door completely closed on them every working together again, then I'd be utterly devistated. Theres still a slim chance GnR could get back together, the whole thing is torture for us Guns fans!