lyrics

iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
05/05/2004 4:45 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonCan't...respond...laughing...too...hard...Must...reach...yellow...sun.

Yellow sun? Did I miss something again? :mad:

# 1
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
05/05/2004 1:44 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyYellow sun? Did I miss something again? :mad:

I think we all did, here Holly. And that is the moral of this never-ending story which we all call life. Sometimes, the ripest peach on the pine shrub will never look like those oh so ubiquitous dots on the foreheads of our collective consciousnesses. And then, when finally obtained, the monetary rewards exceed the more meaningful of our goals. Why is this carnival of our lives always on display, when the audience of our friends and enemies have all disappeared into the long dark tea times of our souls?

Either that or he's doing a William Shatner impersonation. Can't really figure out which.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 2
basics
basics
05/05/2004 2:01 pm
hahahaha

(inhale.. inhale.. inhale.. inhale.. hold...... exhale.........................)
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
05/05/2004 9:48 pm
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanI think we all did, here Holly. And that is the moral of this never-ending story which we all call life. Sometimes, the ripest peach on the pine shrub will never look like those oh so ubiquitous dots on the foreheads of our collective consciousnesses. And then, when finally obtained, the monetary rewards exceed the more meaningful of our goals. Why is this carnival of our lives always on display, when the audience of our friends and enemies have all disappeared into the long dark tea times of our souls?

Either that or he's doing a William Shatner impersonation. Can't really figure out which.

Can...can't it be both?
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/05/2004 11:14 pm
Originally Posted by: kingdavidGimm-ick:Ingenous scheme...
That very definition implies intent to cheat,swindle,....,that's why it's being called a scheme.Because it's not the real thing.Killing is real.Eating the intestines of a woman through her vagina when the body's been rotting for a month is not real.

Do I think such a thing is possible? Absolutely. You just have to know how to make it happen. You can do anything you want to if you work it well enough. Do I think it's probable? Not really, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was to happen. I might be a bit disgusted, but I'm not gonna go crazy thinking "Oh my lands that's just not possible because I read it out of some lyrics which are fake" (mind you I don't mean to come across as an asshole and sorry if I do). I'm just not expecting it to happen any time soon, but if you reach in with a knife and make cuts where necessary I'm sure you could pull the intestines right out and chow down. Killing is real, most often just a simple shooting, stabbing, burning etc, but Ed Gein and Jeffrey Dahmer weren't exactly your every day killers either, granted they didn't go nearly as abstract, but they were a lot worse than most and all it takes is someone with a screw loose enough to go one step further. It's happened and most likely will happen again (in general, not necessarily the eating intestines thing). A gimmick could be fake, but it doesn't have to be. It just has to be an ingenious scheme of some sort.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
05/06/2004 2:00 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonCan...can't it be both?

No, and that is my final answer.

# 6
kingdavid
kingdavid
05/06/2004 1:05 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsDo I think such a thing is possible? Absolutely...

If you say so.
Now,I don't know what "death metal" is really all about,but I suppose they got something going on and it appeals to people.
But my knee-jerk reaction to those words is much like how I react to "gangsters" espousing their dealing ways(why bother with the police and protracted trials when all the confessions you need are aired on MTV?).
If I came to your live show and you went screaming about how you're eating whatever out of whatever,I'm going to be wearing this bland,unbatting eyelids look that I wear when someone doesn't move me at all.Some people roll their eyes and go "puh-leeeez!".I wear that look.
# 7
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/06/2004 4:26 pm
And that is just fine. You are entitled to your right of opinion and if death metal doesn't move you then the rest of us will just have to cope with that. I know I don't have any problems with you not liking the stuff. Most of my friends listen to other stuff themselves and that's just the way it is.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 8
HighInfidel
HighInfidel
06/05/2004 9:08 am
After browsing the thread, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter what is said. Either it will appeal to someone, and they'll like it, or it will thoroughly disgust them. I've listened to a lot of country, being from Texas, and some of it I like, and some of it just rubs me the wrong way. But hey, someone's heart must be breaking, or they wouldn't be selling millions of albums. Same with death metal, or even gangsta rap. Personally, I don't like either, and wouldn't write my music in either style, but that's me. I remember when Ozzy and ACDC were using gimmicks to shock the parents of their target audience. The publicity got packed stadiums. Now EVERYONE watches 'The Osbournes'!!! I was offended by Ozzy taking a wiz on the Alamo, but I still tuned in if I liked the tune. Darn hipocrisy....

Anyway, the point is, whether or not a particular song or genre has good lyrics is entirely up to the listener, as evidenced by all the chatter going on here.

Good lyrics come from the heart.
# 9
kingdavid
kingdavid
06/07/2004 12:56 pm
Originally Posted by: HighInfidel...Anyway, the point is, whether or not a particular song or genre has good lyrics is entirely up to the listener, as evidenced by all the chatter going on here...[/quote]
Thanx for breaking up the fight daddy! :D

[quote=highinfidel]Good lyrics come from the heart.

That's what I've been trying to tell them,and some things just don't come from the heart.
But like you said,what does and what doesn't come from the heart depends on who you ask.
# 10
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
06/07/2004 9:47 pm
Good lyrics come from the heart or possibly the spline?!?

# 11
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
06/08/2004 3:28 am
I believe it's "spleen."
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 12
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
06/08/2004 4:49 am
No, I'm pretty sure that she was referring to the spline, a little known organ that resides right beside the heart and controls fifth dimensional movement.

Oh, and BTW, did you notice how Axl_Rose totally skewered you in the Velvet Revolver thread? Ha ha! (Nelson voice)

[/sarcasm]
# 13
RacerXbeatsSEX
RacerXbeatsSEX
06/08/2004 1:57 pm
If lyrics accomplish what they set out to do, they're good.
-Chuck Vermette
# 14
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
06/09/2004 1:57 am
Look at that... I was right for once! :o The sad part is I was about to apologize for my stupidity, and wish that I hadn't fallen asleep in biology and health.

# 15
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
06/09/2004 2:11 am
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanNo, I'm pretty sure that she was referring to the spline, a little known organ that resides right beside the heart and controls fifth dimensional movement...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=iiholly]Look at that... I was right for once! The sad part is I was about to apologize ...
Uuhhh, holly? :rolleyes:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 16
kingdavid
kingdavid
06/09/2004 10:48 am
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsUuhhh, holly? :rolleyes:

:D
Btw,did you guys ever read about the organ that is shaped like the [u]spleen [/u]but it's contents are like those of the [u]spine?[/u]
# 17
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
06/09/2004 1:54 pm
Originally Posted by: kingdavid:D
Btw,did you guys ever read about the organ that is shaped like the [u]spleen [/u]but it's contents are like those of the [u]spine?[/u]

Yeah, one of my friends just told me that it's a little known organ that resides right beside the heart and controls fifth dimensional movement.

Wait a se--

[/sarcasm]
# 18
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
06/09/2004 10:33 pm
Ha, I blame it on the blonde hair. :o

# 19
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
06/10/2004 11:54 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyHa, I blame it on the blonde hair. :o

Ten bucks says she's not blonde.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.