Fast food lawsuits

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/23/2003 5:39 pm
Sorry about the random post, but I had to say what I have to say on these rediculous lawsuits:

The Cynicā€™s Corner:
Fast Food, et Tu BK?
By Jolly McJollyson

This is a tale of the purest evil, an exciting story of the epic battle between fast food restaurant owners and their innocent, unsuspecting victims: hungry people. It seems that the two lawsuits previously filed against these bistros of Beelzebub were not enough to stop the evil. The corrupt individuals who conspire to fatten us up and send us all to death via the high-cholesterol superhighway cannot be stopped by mere lawyers and economic setbacks. Protected by the thick walls of ā€œDoom Fortress,ā€ their place of residence, those evil individuals who control our minds and force us to eat truckloads of greasy French fries and mystery meat hamburgers are all-powerful. How bad has this problem become? Bad.

According to cnn.com, the amount of fast-food-related deaths may soon surpass that of smoking-related deaths in America. But such horrors do not end here; cnn.com also claims that nearly 61% of all American adults are overweight or obese (ā€œAfter Tobacco Suits, Lawyers Target Fast Foodā€ http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/08/19/fast.food.lawsuit/index.html), and 15-20% of children the same (ā€œHealth chief wants healthier menusā€ http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/05/13/obesity.battle/index.html). Obviously these terrible atrocities are entirely the fast food industryā€™s fault. The heathen spawns of Satan that run such houses of death have no compassion. They use mind controlling TV ads to lure victims into their restaurant deathtraps, where the victims proceed to ingest salty death sticks and cholesterol patties, to be washed down by shakes of destruction.

Every lawsuit filed against fast food corporations has been thrown out of court or ruled againstā€¦a corporate conspiracy may be afoot. Regardless, activists in obesity-related lawsuits are not discouraged. ā€œā€˜Weā€™re not discouraged [said George Washington University law professor John Banzhaf III,] by one setback this early in the game. It took more than 700 lawsuits and 30 years to bring down Big Tobaccoā€ (http://washingtontimes.com/business/20030904-101149-4759r.htm). True that, John, true that. I completely agree with this statement, after 700 lawsuits and 30 years, Americans with any sense will have laughed until they passed out, leaving the senseless to hit the fast food industry where it hurts: the face. Banzhaf also stated, ā€œWe know from tobacco litigation that initial suits have real difficulties because the public has real problems accepting new ideas and conceptsā€ (http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/fatsuit020725.html). These new ideas and concepts include, but are not limited to, telling the public that they are not smart enough to feed themselves. Thank you, Banzhaf, for pioneering the ā€œyou are bad for youā€ campaign all men need.

As we all know, humans have a mere 0-2% amount of control over what they do. This control is easily duped by the fast food industryā€™s false cry at being healthy. Though at first glance, fast food may seem perfectly healthy, the truth is hidden well; fast food restaurants do admit to beingā€¦wait for itā€¦UNHEALTHY!!! Burger King has a well-concealed link on their web page to a list of real nutritional facts and calorie amounts concerning their ā€œfood.ā€ This list is a compilation of little known truths, so astonishing that they frightened and confused my simple, impressionable mind. Before I had seen the truth, I had thought, judging by what the meals looked like in commercials, that fast food was better for me than the healthiest of yuppie health meals. The fact that Shaquille Oā€™Neal advertised these food products left me with the knowledge that these meals would make me grow two feet and play in the NBA. In addition to this, fast food restaurants have made series upon series of commercials in which they display a large variety of hypnotic cartoons to mesmerize children and force them to eat disgusting kids meals. At first, the ads told me that fast food was fun for the whole family as well as nutritious. Unfortunately, this highly camouflaged, bright red high-lighted link with bright white letters confusingly arranged in a straight, left-to-right line to spell, ā€œBK Foodā€ revealed the truth: the food is bad for you. For instance, BKā€™s staple product, the whopper value meal, contains 1300 calories if one exercises self-control and purchases a medium coke and fry, instead of succumbing to the siren song of super-size (http://www.burgerking.com/Food/index.aspx).

Though this information may smash oneā€™s childhood dreams the truth must get out! Yes, fast food is not what it seems. For as long as these fiends of the French fry continue to deceive us with false promises of NBA stardom, we must fight! Take up arms, my fellow man! Do not be the next victim of such places of purgatory! Do not allow these fallen angel franchisees to control your mind and transform you from the innocent, well-to-do person that you are into the glutton that they need for their sinister plans of world domination.

I have seen the face of evil, and it is Ronald McDonald.

I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 1
daveasdf
daveasdf
11/23/2003 6:13 pm
Originally posted by Jolly McJollyson
As we all know, humans have a mere 0-2% amount of control over what they do.

I'd like to argue that but I don't watch commercials (I'm a flipper - why I dislike satellite) and I don't read magazines. (Where'd you find that fact?) I happen to think everybody's stupid. McDonald's is just trying to make a buck like everybody else except they pose as an excuse for lazyass useless folk who are fat and don't care. I agree with your subliminal analysis of commercials, and that's where the lawsuits should be directed. If you don't want to be obese, don't eat at fastfood places. How hard is that.
# 2
daveasdf
daveasdf
11/23/2003 6:18 pm
That sounded harsh, but I'm in total agreement with your post. I hate fastfood places for what they do to you.
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/23/2003 6:30 pm
Uhh...what I wrote is called satire. I'm actually laughing at people who would sue fast food restaurants for their own idiocy. Read into it man.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 4
daveasdf
daveasdf
11/23/2003 6:55 pm
It's true, I didn't tune into the satire of it. I skimmed over it and saw that %.
# 5
TheDirt
TheDirt
11/23/2003 10:46 pm
lol, nice post. You write that yourself? Good job ;)
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 6
TheDirt
TheDirt
11/23/2003 10:47 pm
However, you forgot to mention the woman that spilled hot coffee on herself and sued McDonalds because she was scalded. Whoever would've thought that fresh coffee would be hot? Now everyone will be saved from scalding, because before they dump their coffee in their lap they will see the "Caution: Contents are HOT" sign on the cup and decide not to spill the coffee onto their genitals. What a wonderful world.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 7
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/23/2003 10:57 pm
Yeah, it was just about the "I got fat, poor me" lawsuits. I thought about the coffee thing, but I decided to lay off that particular aspect. And of course I wrote that myself, who the hell else could possibly have written something that stupid?
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 8
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
11/24/2003 3:33 am
Man you had to write this just as I was thinking about suing Burger King for getting me addicted to those damn 1000 calorie chicken biscuits on the breakfast menu, because I am too lazy to pour that Special K cereal with 29 grams of sugar when you add 1% milk...
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 9
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
11/24/2003 2:37 pm
Originally posted by Jolly McJollyson
Yeah, it was just about the "I got fat, poor me" lawsuits.

There will always be fat people ... It's wether their gentics they inherited from their parents (they should just live with it , untill a gentics soluition is found someday) , or them eating too much the wrong way and not exercising (which is pretty much their problem) .

These days , I won't be too much surprised if someone raised a lawsuit against knife manufacturers after getting him/her-self a severe cut by a knife !

# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.