Chat

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/19/2003 1:46 am
Greetings fellow tricksters. I've got a lot of work done on the chat room. I've even been working on a trivia bot for our channel, but I'll go into that more on another thread because I'll need help from you all on that one. I've got two different looking chat rooms that are linked to the same irc channel up and running. Here's the links:

Room 1: Stripped-down, plain jane, chat room. Recommended for users with a resolution of 800 X 600 pixels or less.
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~lw241999/chat/chat.html

Room 2: Pimped out chat room recommended for high resolution users (1024 X 968 or more).
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~lw241999/chat/chat2.html

I invite you all to try out both links at your leisure and then vote for your choice (either Room 1 or Room 2 as listed above) here on this thread. Additionally, I'd like to try a chat night tonight (Sept. 18), How does 11:30pm EST sound? I'll be there, so come check out the room.

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 1
sambob
sambob
09/19/2003 2:18 am
I also might add, that the chat on here uses the irc protocol, channel #guitartricks on irc.ircstorm.net

I hope to see you around sometime leedog, judging by your hostmask you live just a few minutes away from me :P
# 2
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/19/2003 2:21 am
A little correction there sambob. If you're gonna use an IRC client like mIRC or Polaris SE, then you should connect to the server irc.ircstorm.net. And join the channel #guitar_tricks not #guitartricks, the new one has an underscore.
My YouTube Profile
# 3
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
09/19/2003 8:24 am
i dropped the #guitartricks chan - you might wanna re-register it under your nick to get rid of that u_n_d_e_r_s_c_o_r_e

AND WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS IDLING IN THERE??????? *LOL*

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 4
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/19/2003 7:35 pm
Originally posted by Azrael
u_n_d_e_r_s_c_o_r_e

LOL. Why would you wanna get rid of the underscore when you're so good at making them :). I've already registered the old channel under my name, just incase though.

Originally posted by Azrael

AND WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS IDLING IN THERE??????? *LOL*

I'm of the opinion that the reason the old chat didn't really take off was because 9 times out of 10 there was never anyone in the room. If we get a few people that are almost always in there then there's a greater chance that it'll catch on.

If anyone of you out there are IRC junkies and wanna be a channel op for the room, just stop in sometime. Cheers

My YouTube Profile
# 5
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
09/19/2003 9:57 pm
well *LOL* - the old chat-problem --> emptyness... i´ve seen one of my favourite chats die and there was nothing i could do about it. i still log in there every now and then. i tell the old members, that the only way to revive it is to log in on a regular basis and to STAY there for more than just 10 seconds... but after 2 years of telling them so, i gave up on it. maybe you have more luck with this one - if you need an op, i´ll be right there for you. cheers!

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 6
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/20/2003 2:32 am
Azrael, It'd be great to have you as a channel op. You're in europe right? Having ops from all different time zones in there would be a huge plus. Is your nick on ircstorm Azrael? Have you registered it with nickserv?
My YouTube Profile
# 7
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
09/20/2003 3:45 pm
sure - my nick is registered

# 8
TexasBlues
TexasBlues
09/21/2003 7:29 pm
Instead of trying to make a room look so much better with a bunch of cool stuff to do and waste time doing that, go and look up on the internet and find out what the different time zones are and set up a time to chat with people. People might be interested in meeting fellow guitar players and learning things from others but in won't do them a damn bit of good if someone says, "I'll be on at 9:45pm eastern time." That don't help someone in Germany who might be interested in chatting if they don't know what the time zone difference is. I am not trying to piss anyone off just trying to be logical about it. Here is a address that might be of help http://www.timeanddate.com/time/abbreviations.html
"I use heavy strings,
tune low, play hard and
floor it. Floor it.
That's technical talk.
-SRV
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.