Freaky nonguitar venting

blackrose
blackrose
02/09/2002 3:26 am
In US history today, we watched a video on the Kennedy assasination and it showed his head expoliding like an overripe cantelope on a golf course like 6 times slow motion and i was really disturbed by the fact that i liked it, it gave me a warm sense of satisfaction for no reason. Should i be worried or am i just an average violently minded guy?
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/09/2002 4:18 am
I think almost everybody has those "hmmm, you know I could ___________..." moments. Just as long as you snap out of it a second later and don't act on it, you're still "normal."
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
02/09/2002 8:02 am
First time I saw those images was when tha movie JFK came out, and I almost barfed...
Dude, everyone should see that movie, talk about crazy s**t!!!
# 3
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/09/2002 7:52 pm
yeah, the movies like to exagerate things... if you watch some of the real footage about the hutus and tutsis, you see a guy really getting decapitated... It's not perticularly bloody, or violent for that matter... he just puts his hands up, and this guy swings something (it's a machete, but you cant make it out cos the camera is at a distance), and the guys head just softly falls off, it's silent, and I found it quite frightning... Cos it's similar to alot of my nightmares... The other thing, was this other guy was caght by theses armed soldiers on a bridge over a river... They grabbed him, and then threw him off... and he landed on this little island (about 6 or 7 floors hieght under the bridge), and they casually started shoot at him when he was lying there, and the reporter guy is really shLting it...
yeah it's pretty nasty stuff... I'm hopefully gonna be a doctor, so blood, gore and guts doesn't really do anything to me... but seeing real clips of humans killing each other is pretty scary... maybe that's why i take such a strong oppinion against big brand companies (and governments claiming to be fighting for freedom) suppourting regimes like this...
# 4
blackrose
blackrose
02/09/2002 8:24 pm
Theres still a difference between liking it as in "oh, that was cool." and liking it as in getting that warm fuzzy feeling inside like the first time you hold hands with a girl you like. I wouldnt be worried except that ive gotten more than one clue recently about my mental health. You know, insomnia, severly antisocial tendancies, drawing disturbing surrealistic renditions and then listening to loud harsh music for at least 4 hours before even trying to go to sleep, wondering what it would feel like to stab a girl in the stomach and then rape her through the wound, stuff like that. Even with all that i wouldnt be worried except I dont really have any friends so I dont know whats normal.

Have any of you seen the photo in the news lately with the suspected militarist in Nigeria getting hacked to death by a machette&cutlass toting gang? The media doesn't always soup stuff up, sometimes its more politically effective to show sh!t the way it actually is.
# 5
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
02/09/2002 8:33 pm
Originally posted by blackrose
so I dont know whats normal.

I have spent a lot of time trying to understand what was crazy and what wasn't.

What you think is pretty weird. I have had my share of weird thoughts. But as long as they are fantasms and not acts, you aren't that crazy... You should know that people that are considered antisocial/mad/nutcases have the same thoughts as we all do, except they put them into acts (murdering someone, raping someone, etc.). You might say you don't have dreams of raping a girl through a wound you inflicted her, but your subconsious might have worst thought that come out of it in dreams... As long as you see those thoughts as undoable things, you are normal. If you think you will try and do them tomorrow, get some help, it's no big deal going to a shrink...
# 6

02/09/2002 10:45 pm
briefly, psychotics are defined as people who have no sense of morality and sociopaths are people who have no sense of consequences (ie, put their fantasies into actions).

at least that's what I learned from a high school sociology course.
# 7
friskynibbles
friskynibbles
02/10/2002 5:55 pm
my girlfriend even gets a kick out of watching that. you're normal.
-Daniel
# 8
blackrose
blackrose
02/10/2002 8:36 pm
Psychotic:Relating to any violent mental abnormaility
Anti-social:Lacking a sense of guilt
Sociopath:Aggressive antisocial behavior

Thats how my psychology book describes it
# 9
ScottyTooHotty
ScottyTooHotty
02/11/2002 4:18 pm
Dude you're a normal as the rest of us (which I don't know if that's a good thing or not). I think everyone's got a bit of a macabe side to them. It's more of curiosity than anything. I've seen the Zapruder film and I've seen JFK (actually I own it and have watched it quite a few times). I wouldn't start worrying until you want to act on those thoughts or the voices start getting louder (I'm fine now, the meds really quiet them down! haha).
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
# 10

02/11/2002 4:58 pm
A brilliant peice of writing man, incredibly poetic. Really made me think.
# 11
ZackyH
ZackyH
02/11/2002 10:59 pm
Every friend or family member that I've ever know that died, died in a car crash. 4 people.
# 12
blackrose
blackrose
02/12/2002 12:29 am
There actually is a crazy thought I've been seriously considering. Its really stupid but you know how it is...the logic of thoughts is limited to the reality the mind is experiencing at the moment of it's origin. What I want to do is during some class just get up and walk out and take a running dive down a flight of stairs and just lie there for a while. Seriously. I'll let you guys know if i ever do it.
# 13
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
02/12/2002 12:32 am
Okay... Take pictures too...
# 14
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/12/2002 12:25 pm
LALIMACEFOLLIE!!!! YOUR SUPPOUSED TO DISCOURAGE HIM!
dont do it man! vYou'll break your leg for nothing... it's as painful as hell, and I can quite honestly say that from experience... I always used to "jump" down stairs, where I would dive forward, put my arms forwad, grab the banister, or hold my self up by pushing really hard with both arms against the wall (it takes considerable upper body strenght), and swing your feet in pendulum like motion, so you top half moves quickly at the start (so you diving face first), and then your top half you nearly stop as you put your hands out and grab onto the banister, your legs would sming forward, so you land feet frist, so your feet never actaully touch the stairs at anypoint (can you tell I was hyperactive child?lol)... I'm quite short, and it works ok for me, It doesn't seem to work for tall poeple though....

Right, what happened, I was at the top of the stairs, and I was gonna do this little "jump", I jamp head first as usual, and put my arms out, except these stairs (at home) had very low banister, so my arms got thin air, which doesn't stop or slow you down much really... so basically I ended up doing a head first, and I swear to god, I've experinced anything soo painful... Ended up with brusied shins (i mean they were literally blue all over), and really hurt my back/ arms./ legss/ head, you name it... Luckly nothing permanent, but I was very small and light (about 11 years old, I was about 40kg, so about 80lbs), so if you do it, then I'm pretty sure you'll break something...

To me this sounds like your seeking attention... it's not the kinda of attention you want! just try to make friends, dont try too hard, but you know just be friendly....

# 15
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
02/12/2002 4:44 pm
educatedfilm, do you have any pictures??

I'm kidding by the way!! I do not think that self inflicted wounds will lead to anything...
# 16
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/12/2002 8:10 pm
lol... I would've filmed my acident, and sent into the tv poeple, they would've given me £250 for it... eased the pain at least, and it was very painful... it's not like the pain of breaking an arm or what ever, it's allover, and it aches all the time... ribs are the worst, luckyly i didn't do my ribs in too bad...
# 17

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.