Are you guys into the spirit of things?

Joseph
Joseph
10/31/2001 9:16 pm

My alarm cllock radio went off this morning (blaring the beginning of System of A Down's song "Chop Sewey"), and out of a sound sleep I heard "WaKe UP!!!! Put on a little bit of MAKE UP!!!"

So I bounced out of bed, and I was in the bathroom halfway through putting on some eye shadow, and then I snapped out of it.

At work, for days I've seen different people dressed up like all different characters, just having fun with Halloween, but I'm just not into the spirit of things this year, nor have I been for quite sometime. It doesn;t bother me whemn I see so many people who are into the spirit of things, I actully find it refreshing, hoever I'm just not in the mood to dress up. Does that make me a bad man?

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/31/2001 11:44 pm
Originally posted by Joseph
My alarm cllock radio went off this morning (blaring the beginning of System of A Down's song "Chop Sewey . . .

God, I hate that song.

I've seen a lot of people dressed up as vampires and pirates, and even Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. But if you can give me one good reason why I should be happy and into the spirit of things, I'd love to hear it.

By the way, you seem to have abandoned your "the Taliban will pay a price" thread (not that I blame you). Your inbox must be jam packed with notifications from that damn thing.
# 2
blackrose
blackrose
11/01/2001 12:57 am
Halloween...that wonderful time of the year when people put razors in fruit and literaly have contests to see who can come up with the most creative method for screwing up candy (just for the record, the winner this year was Na (sodium) which happens to react violently in water, like say blow up.) It has such a wonderful long-standing tradition in a popular religion. Only trouble is its the same religion that has their priests rape virgins on the alter on valantines day. All I have to say is if someone can "get in the spirit" of halloween they sure as hell better stay away from me.
# 3
Joseph
Joseph
11/01/2001 2:12 am
Originally posted by Christoph

By the way, you seem to have abandoned your "the Taliban will pay a price" thread (not that I blame you). Your inbox must be jam packed with notifications from that damn thing.

I haven't abandoned it, believe it or not I've read just about every word that everyone had to say pertaining to this subject. Overall, for eiught years (our previou administration) ruined this country, I can't think of one thing they accomplished. Clinton is the type of guy who allows other's to think for himself, which has put this country in danger for far too long. His methods of pushing everything under the rug have taken it's toll, and our new administration is left to pick up the pieces, forced to create a new platform to maintain the safety in this country.

I respect everyone's opinions pertaining to what's going on in this country and how this situation should be handled, (and I appreciate everyone's feedback), but if we don't act now we will be stripped of more than our pride and our freedom, but we will be stripped of our confidence as a nation. We cannot allow any more acts of terrorism to strike this country, because it's affects us not only physically but als mentally. The healing process has not begun yet, no matter how much momey the relief find brings in, The only way the healing process will begin is if Osama bin Laden and his tropps are under our control. There's a time to give peace a chance, but now is not one of them.

It's impossible to reason with bin Laden's people, immpossible. We can no longer lose face!!! I know it's great to think that we've found a better sollution than relaliation methods, but the longer we wait as a country, the longer we leave ourselves open for more attacks. Bin Laden can kiss my ass!!!
www.ragmagazine.com
# 4
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
11/01/2001 6:35 am
Originally posted by Joseph
Overall, for eiught years (our previou administration) ruined this country, I can't think of one thing they accomplished.

It warms my heart to hear you say that. There are too few people who are willing to dig for the truth and see through all the rhetoric and spin. And Clinton was certainly a master of spin.

Most people just think, "Well, the economy was good, so he must have done a good job." I have news for them, the president has precious little to do with the economy. And guess what we had during the great boon of the 90's? A Republican Congress! Coincidence? I don't think so.

And while the president has very little to do with the economy, he has everything to do with policy-making. (which, in the opinion of so many, just happens to be the cause of the current crisis) I think that current events are just the beginning of everything we are going to see as a result of Clinton's disasterous terms in office.

I just hope Gulianni will run for Congress and knock Hillary out of there and end her career. Then we can dump both her and her scumbag husband on the scrapheap of history and move on and try to fix everything they have wrought.

About Halloween - I think we have seen enough carnage and dead people for the time being. Why do we have to dress up and celebrate it?
# 5
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
11/01/2001 4:01 pm
hmmm... Haloween is a big thing in the US isn't it? over here when kids knock on your door you just leave them out their in the freezing november cold, and hope they learn their lesson and not come round next year, never works though...
As for sodium!!! pah!!! you want Caesium! Now that's one mean motherf- ing element! But it's so reactive it's dangerous! We saw this tape (as some of the experiments required millions of pounds/dollars worth of equipment) in chemistry of real reactions involving the group 1 metals, one of which was with water ,and the explosoins got bigger as you went down the peroidic table... They used a peasized amount, there was pop from lithium, a little bang from sodium, a bigger bang from pottasium, and then Caesium blew up the container!! It just produced such a powerful force for it's size...
Razor's in Friuts? that's just sick... there's no prank or cleverness in that...
I agree with ya Christoph... the guy on the street seems to that the if the country gets richer under a certain president , that president is 100% a good leader... oh i dont want to get political in this thread too, I've done that enough in the others....
# 6
Joseph
Joseph
11/01/2001 4:29 pm
I promised myself this year that I wouldn't throw raisons at the kids this year, and for the most part I kept my word.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
# 7
chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
11/02/2001 6:05 pm
you're getting a little too clever there Joseph
# 8
blackrose
blackrose
11/02/2001 9:53 pm
hey joseph, where do you get all those little people?
# 9
stratman42
stratman42
11/05/2001 8:26 pm
Originally posted by blackrose

Yeh, i was wondering that...
Work hard...Play hard...Break a string...:mad:

Actions speak louder than words...
And my actions speak louder than yours :D
# 10
Joseph
Joseph
11/05/2001 11:44 pm
Originally posted by blackrose

The little people come from various sources, especially my napsack. Sometimes my chimney, they're like family, and sometimes they travel with me on the road. You see guys, the origin of these little people, it's a magical place filled with endless dreams and surprises, a place where we could all forget about our worries and all of our troubles. This place is really cool, and sometimes it difficult to find.

or you can just go here!

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
# 11
blackrose
blackrose
11/06/2001 10:27 pm
I didnt know those things were .gifs. I should make one.
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.