New song_"Empty"

jlustick
jlustick
10/28/2007 4:14 am
I am a psychologist by profession and encounter many different situations including, unfortunately, suicide. I tried to write this song from different perspectives-apersond considering hurting themself and that oerson's loved ones. Any and all feedback welcomed. Thanks for taking the time to listen :)

Jeff

http://www.mp3.com/artist/jefflustick/songs/

http://www.iacmusic.com/artist.aspx?id=56173
# 1
mightyboosh
mightyboosh
10/28/2007 2:38 pm
Hey I like this song it has a nice energy about it, think you should sing out a bit more as it is hard to hear the lyrics, or maybe just the case of cranking the volume up on the tracks. Reminds me a little of Ben Harper. Keep it up you can only get better!
# 2
looneytunes
looneytunes
10/31/2007 5:03 pm
Well, hold onto you hat!

Overall I didn't care for the song. Some of the problem maybe that the volume is too low and not clear for this old man to hear. I turned the volume up as loud as I could without distorting it and I couldn't hear it very well.

I didn't care for the lyrics, but that's me. I like more up lifting stuff and I found this to be too depressing. I do believe you can write lyrics well, I just like more joyful stuff.

Your singing was off key a lot, but I did like your voice. I just think you need to do more singing. Sort of learn what you can and can't not do as you go.

The chord progression, well there wasn't much to it. Kind of boring.

Your lead in was too long to keep interest. I did like the guitar solo, but it would have sounded much better with more of a tempo.

Sorry, but I am writing this as constructive criticism. Please keep on writing and performing. I think you can do much better.

And remember, very body enjoys different things. If they didn't, we would all be playing the same song over and over and over .....
# 3
jlustick
jlustick
10/31/2007 8:02 pm
Thank you both for taking the time to listen and respond. I know the volume is low-I seem to have that problem even though it sounds a lot louder before I record the final version. Perhaps the guitar intro is a bit too long and it is indeed a depressing kind of song but the truth of the matter is it's about a depressing, though real kind of topic. I have received some feedback from some people on similar websites who tell me they have "...been there..." and that they can really identify with this song.

Thanks again for the constructive feedback-I may try to modify this some if I can find the time. My hat is still on!!!!!! :)
# 4
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
11/01/2007 8:32 am
Nice!

I like the intro and the ending especially. It had feeling to it.

You have a nice voice. I think if you had some bass and drums to it and maybe an accordian or harmonica solo, this song would sound even greater :D

This song got the message through loud and clear....

Great work and keep it up.

Keep writing and composing the way you feel mate. Dont let anyone put you down...

Shaz
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 5
Superhuman
Superhuman
11/01/2007 5:43 pm
I though it was a good track, the clean guitar at the begining has a nice 'Twin Peaks' feel to it. Didn't think the vocals were bad - for me they were up front and easy to make out. The mix could do with some tweakage though but it all depends on your gear. Overall, it was a nice track - not the genre I go for but good all the same.
# 6
jlustick
jlustick
11/01/2007 8:11 pm
Shaz and Superhuman,

Thanks for your support an encouragement about this song. A harmonica would sound interesting with this actually-I hadn't thought about that. I might try to see if I can do that.

I know that much of what I write is pretty personal and written because it means something to me-it's nice to hear that some other people can also relate to it in some way.

Thanks for your time and feedback.

Jeff :D
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.