Initiating the conversation is half the battle

grizzlymint
grizzlymint
06/05/2007 9:11 pm
Thread title were words of brilliance from Julian on the movie "Big Daddy" that have rang through my head too many friggin times.

Why am I such a [insert female anatomy part here]? I seriously can't figure it out. Theres this amazingly hot chick I work with and everytime I see her I just can't spit anything out. I sit there like a goon. I'm not the type who can just strut right up and ask a chick out. I've tried, and apparently I'm not attractive enough for such arrogance. I've talked to her before in the past, and shes friendly and I know some shtuff about her and she has like no friends...for reasons beyond my area of comprehension. Those reasons lead me to believe I might have at least a small chance...

I don't know guys, how do I break out of this shy crap? I mean, I can't be who I actually am to anyone at first, or they'l surely hate me, cuz I'm a sarcastic and rude ass that takes time to get used to. I figure I'll build up to that stage.

But hey zeus crease doe (<---thats probably on Mad Gab Espanol) I need to quit being such a vag.

Sorry, I needed to vent. I lose sleep over my silly bull **** that I perform each day. I look forward to the next day for another chance to prove myself, then I end up doing the same thing all over again.

Introversion is extremely frustrating. Especially when you don't want to be introverted.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 1
strat-man
strat-man
06/05/2007 9:48 pm
Jeez Grizzly, you remind me of me when i was younger :mad: GO FOR IT! DON'T BE LIKE I WAS! figure it like this, right now you ain't got her, if you don't try you ain't gonna get her, if you try and you don't get her you ain't lost nothin, you've everythin to gain and nothin to lose, give it a go, or you'll spend your life wonderin, what if? Good luck :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 2
Fret spider
Fret spider
06/05/2007 10:20 pm
as always its much easier said than done. the thing is to work out why u are shy.

normally it is because u are afraid of embarising yourself, or that people wont like you. the way to get rid of this is to stop caring if theses people like yopu or u embarass yourself. like if u approach a girl at a club. so what if u **** up, u will probably never see her again so it doesnt matter.

its a bit harder in your case as she works with u so u will see her if u embarass yourself.; but seriosly wats the worst that could happen, she gives u odd looks from here on in.

logically its easy, but emotionally its hard. remember your emotions tell u not to do it because in primordial days u shouldnt approach a girl in caes it was the mate of some strong guy who would beat u up or kill u. but that wont happen now.

anyway good luck, approach her.
another thing confidence is very good. but theres a different thing about bein confident and a ****. u dont have to be all macho, or brash or wateva. confidence is when u arnt afraid of what people can say or do to u. u can do that without bein a dick. at the end of the day if ur nervous fake it.

last coment.

i dare u to approach her...

that might motivate u
# 3
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
06/05/2007 11:20 pm
Brother,I can relate. The others are right on track. You've got nothing to lose. Nothing. If it goes the way you want, great. If not, what happens? You won't get arrested. No one will point and laugh. They won't take your cookies. Nothing. You just smile and say 'oh, okay. Thanks.' ***IMPORTANT*** If she says no, the next time you see her, you have to say hi and treat her just like you did before you asked her out. You never know. Situations change all the time and she just might decide yes a little later.

When I was in my twenties (oh lawd, sooooo many years ago.... hehe) I was quite the ladies man. You know why? Because I had NO FEAR at all. I would ask anyone out. (I'm sure being chemically enhanced had a lot to do with my complete lack of inhibitions and I am NOT recommending the same) It simply didn't matter. If I thought a woman interesting, I would walk up and start talking to her.

But you want to know what the great equalizer is? Humor. Seriously. If you can get her to laugh, things will generally go your way. So...open with a joke or something. You work with her so you have a lot of shared experiences and you know the same people. Fertile ground for humor.

Good luck. And to add to what Fret said "I double dog dare you.'" Now you have to do it. :D
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 4
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
06/05/2007 11:48 pm
I triple dog dare you.

(To quote A Christmas Story) "This was the mother of all dares. The triple dog dare. There was no backing out now. He was in deep." :eek:
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 5
aschleman
aschleman
06/06/2007 12:06 am
To most girls... confidence is the most attractive thing a man can possess. Just present yourself in a confident manner around her.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
- Bob Knight

Take a shot... ask her in a very vague way if she wants to hang out. Say something like "I'm going to party this weekend if you don't have anything to going on... would you want to come?" Even if there isn't a party... she won't know that. Then if she says yeah... say "Cool, well what's your number I'll let you know what time it is and how to get there." Then she gives you her number..... Then you wait until that night to call her... tell her the party didn't work out or something... Ask her what she is doing that night.... she says nothing because she cleared her schedule for a party... you say well you want to hang out... she says yeah....... there you go... It's technically lying.... but it works. haha.
# 6
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
06/06/2007 1:25 am
Your genious ways befuddle me. Sounds fool-proof. :cool:

SoundClick Page

# 7
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
06/06/2007 1:50 am
Motivation builds.

Thanks fellas. :D
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 8
pure
pure
06/06/2007 3:09 am
eyy man take it from me.
she has no friends.
even tho she look good
if u b a good friend 2 her
just say hi 2 her every time u meet and smile
and if she lookin sad ask wats up and *care*
dont let her b lonely
and let the friendsip build on 2 sumthin
maybe ull start doin things outside of work
and she dont have 2 b ur gf 4 yall 2 hang out
and while ur hanging out juss figure out if u really like her
then pop the question bro
or even better- go 4 the kiss
dont ask, just go 4 it

what u need 2 do
is stop puttin her on a pedestal
stop countin up ur "chances"
if ur gonna be her bf, u2 r gonna be EQUAL

and after ur good friends
and turns out u dont really like her like that
look what uve accomplished
ur good friends wit a pretty girl u never thought would even care about u
and the next girl wont even be a problem
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 9
earthman buck
earthman buck
06/06/2007 3:15 am
^^ I imagined pure rapping that.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to be hypocrite here and say go for it. But you're probably already on a date with her by now anyway.

You're welcome.
# 10
pure
pure
06/06/2007 3:29 am
sum more advice lol..
keep everything u say short and simple
inless she asks u 2 explain/elaborate something
it makes conversations longer

and o yea i think this will help a lil bit 2...

http://www.wikihow.com/Treat-a-Girl-Well
# 11
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
06/06/2007 4:32 am
meh ive been trying to get this chick uber like me lately...thing is she has a boyfriend who is overseas...so i dont really know what to do myself but things have been going pretty good

oh yea i absolutely agree with the confidence thingy...but i guess some women like shy men cos they find it 'cute'

i personally hate the cute rubbish for some reason...it's like 'aww you're so cute u can be my brother or something'
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 12
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
06/06/2007 7:51 pm
Originally Posted by: pureeyy man take it from me.
she has no friends.
even tho she look good
if u b a good friend 2 her
just say hi 2 her every time u meet and smile
and if she lookin sad ask wats up and *care*
dont let her b lonely
and let the friendsip build on 2 sumthin
maybe ull start doin things outside of work
and she dont have 2 b ur gf 4 yall 2 hang out
and while ur hanging out juss figure out if u really like her
then pop the question bro
or even better- go 4 the kiss
dont ask, just go 4 it

what u need 2 do
is stop puttin her on a pedestal
stop countin up ur "chances"
if ur gonna be her bf, u2 r gonna be EQUAL

and after ur good friends
and turns out u dont really like her like that
look what uve accomplished
ur good friends wit a pretty girl u never thought would even care about u
and the next girl wont even be a problem

Ha. Do you happen to like U2? Repetition makes me wonder. :rolleyes:

SoundClick Page

# 13
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
06/06/2007 9:48 pm
haha, I know what you're talking about Josh...

I get that whole..."wow you're such an amazing guy, I'm gonna sleep with your friend" thing pretty often...haha

Dude, you seem to have the opposite problem to me...I'm great at initiating conversation...and sustaining it...but I'm pants at making a move...

The trick to talking to her is just to have something to say...if you dont have anything of interest to talk about, then talking to her is probably not the best thing to do.

Start it with an observation, or funny comment or something, and hopefully you think of something else to say by the time she gives you a reply...if you dont, make your speachlessness humourous...say something like " ****, I'm sorry, I thought I could come up with some funny response to that, but it turns out I'm just not quick enough".

Let us know how it works out
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 14
Fret spider
Fret spider
06/06/2007 10:42 pm
ask a question.

like wat do u think of this.

or like me an a mate have been arguin about somethin, i need a feminin opinion on 'insert issue here'.

then, ohh u think so i think opostite, give reason. wow ur talkin.
# 15
earthman buck
earthman buck
06/06/2007 11:45 pm
Originally Posted by: Fret spideror like me an a mate have been arguin about somethin, i need a feminin opinion on 'insert issue here'.

Yeah. Then whip out your junk and say, "What do you think of THAT?!"
# 16
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
06/06/2007 11:50 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckYeah. Then whip out your junk and say, "What do you think of THAT?!"

Haha. Who'd of thought GT would lead to this. It's becoming a whole new GT. "Girl Tricks"

SoundClick Page

# 17
pure
pure
06/07/2007 1:19 am
Originally Posted by: WeslabaHa. Do you happen to like U2? Repetition makes me wonder. :rolleyes:

i dont got a problem wit them
but that one song
thats like "hello hello"
"hola!"
"uno dos tres catorce"
pissed me off.
# 18
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
06/07/2007 1:47 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckYeah. Then whip out your junk and say, "What do you think of THAT?!"

I would imagine her response would be something like "I'm thinking criminal charges and a restraining order..."
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 19
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
06/07/2007 1:47 am
Originally Posted by: Andrew Sahaha, I know what you're talking about Josh...

I get that whole..."wow you're such an amazing guy, I'm gonna sleep with your friend" thing pretty often...haha

Dude, you seem to have the opposite problem to me...I'm great at initiating conversation...and sustaining it...but I'm pants at making a move...

The trick to talking to her is just to have something to say...if you dont have anything of interest to talk about, then talking to her is probably not the best thing to do.

Start it with an observation, or funny comment or something, and hopefully you think of something else to say by the time she gives you a reply...if you dont, make your speachlessness humourous...say something like " ****, I'm sorry, I thought I could come up with some funny response to that, but it turns out I'm just not quick enough".

Let us know how it works out

dude that ALWAYS happens to me and we end up becoming best mates... it's soooo friggin annoying...

oh yea i have issues with making the first move to but conversations are alright...

another way you could initiate conversations is try to word it in a more humorous/different way? .like 'how's work treating ya?' or something i dont know
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.