View post (Initiating the conversation is half the battle)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
06/05/2007 11:20 pm
Brother,I can relate. The others are right on track. You've got nothing to lose. Nothing. If it goes the way you want, great. If not, what happens? You won't get arrested. No one will point and laugh. They won't take your cookies. Nothing. You just smile and say 'oh, okay. Thanks.' ***IMPORTANT*** If she says no, the next time you see her, you have to say hi and treat her just like you did before you asked her out. You never know. Situations change all the time and she just might decide yes a little later.

When I was in my twenties (oh lawd, sooooo many years ago.... hehe) I was quite the ladies man. You know why? Because I had NO FEAR at all. I would ask anyone out. (I'm sure being chemically enhanced had a lot to do with my complete lack of inhibitions and I am NOT recommending the same) It simply didn't matter. If I thought a woman interesting, I would walk up and start talking to her.

But you want to know what the great equalizer is? Humor. Seriously. If you can get her to laugh, things will generally go your way. So...open with a joke or something. You work with her so you have a lot of shared experiences and you know the same people. Fertile ground for humor.

Good luck. And to add to what Fret said "I double dog dare you.'" Now you have to do it. :D
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]