Bwah haha... Paris Hilton is going to jail

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/05/2007 5:41 am
Some news just makes my day.....

A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has sentenced Paris Hilton to 45 days in LA County jail for violating her probation. Her sentence will start on June 5, and the judge made sure she wouldn't be allowed on work release, furloughs, use of an alteranitve jail, or electronic monitoring instead of jail. Moments before the judge gave his decision, Paris was crying and told the court:

"I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry." The judge called out her rep Elliot Mintz in court, describing his testimony as "completely worthless." He also told Paris that he did not believe that she was unaware of her license suspension, adding that she had paperwork in her car stating that her license was suspended.
# 1
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
05/05/2007 6:40 am
lmao this is awesome
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 2
Julian Vickers
Julian Vickers
05/05/2007 7:11 am
I wonder if she'll be in general population in prison or not.
Miracle Blade 4: Gibs on touch.
# 3
Digit
Digit
05/05/2007 10:56 am
Man... laws in the U.S. are strict when it comes to suspended licenses.
when I was younger I never had used to have a license. From 1973 to 1992 I drove without one & whenever I got caught, the cop would let me park my car and drive me home. then I'd go back and get it later.
We used to apply for insurance. Pay cash.. then cancel it 2 weeks later so we'd have the proof of insurance in our wallets...and get our money back.
One they sent back my money twice.
I even leased my 1989 Iroc with an expired license.

If you get caught without a license here, you just tell the cop.... "no, I don't have a license" and he lets you off cause he's too lazy to write out the paper work. then he waves by to you as you drive off.

Even when they find pot, they give it back to you and let you go.

When I watch shows like 'Cops', I'm freaked out at how power mad the cops are when they catch people doing simple stuff like simple speeding or smoking up.
# 4
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
05/05/2007 1:08 pm
Sounds like it would just be easier to get one.

Haha Paris. Bet daddys proud of you now.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 5
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
05/05/2007 2:15 pm
One talk show host made a nice comment about this. He said that instead of going to jail for a measly 45 days, which can be played off as a publicity stunt, they should have instead given her 1,000 hours of community service to do. That might turn her around.
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 6
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
05/05/2007 3:32 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraThere is a God.

+1

flip 10 letters
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 7
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/05/2007 4:26 pm
Originally Posted by: WeslabaOne talk show host made a nice comment about this. He said that instead of going to jail for a measly 45 days, which can be played off as a publicity stunt, they should have instead given her 1,000 hours of community service to do. That might turn her around.

Community service isn't all it's cracked up to be.
I volunteer at the food bank every weekend, and the criminals have to perform customer service there. You get free food... like full huge garbage bags of free bagels... free cakes, donuts, whole cases of mac & cheese... chocolats..etc...
Plus all the school girls volunteer there so ya spend all day chatting em up and getting dates. If ya have a car you get to drive all over town and pick up the food drives just basically taking your time.
On breaks you go outside and smoke up then go inside and listen to music.

It's more like a day off where you get to party, meet girls and get free food than anything.
# 8
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
05/05/2007 5:22 pm
Ya, I don't doubt that, but honestly, I'd rather see Paris doing hundreds of hours in community service opposed to sitting in jail for 45 days.
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 9
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
05/05/2007 5:35 pm
Compared to her usual activities, a month and a half of downtime in county lockup will definitely cause a major case of boredom-induced stir crazy.

It's a toss-up whether she'll get beat up by her roomies, or she'll set up a bunch of Heathers to rule over.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 10
strat-man
strat-man
05/05/2007 6:36 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangeCommunity service isn't all it's cracked up to be.
I volunteer at the food bank every weekend, and the criminals have to perform customer service there. You get free food... like full huge garbage bags of free bagels... free cakes, donuts, whole cases of mac & cheese... chocolats..etc...
Plus all the school girls volunteer there so ya spend all day chatting em up and getting dates. If ya have a car you get to drive all over town and pick up the food drives just basically taking your time.
On breaks you go outside and smoke up then go inside and listen to music.

It's more like a day off where you get to party, meet girls and get free food than anything.

I'm sold! any vacancies :D
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 11
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/05/2007 7:19 pm
Originally Posted by: DigitWhen I watch shows like 'Cops', I'm freaked out at how power mad the cops are when they catch people doing simple stuff like simple speeding or smoking up.

Man... the bastards!

Doing the job we pay them to do!

How could they!?
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 12
quickfingers
quickfingers
05/05/2007 9:07 pm
Originally Posted by: DigitMan... laws in the U.S. are strict when it comes to suspended licenses.
when I was younger I never had used to have a license. From 1973 to 1992 I drove without one & whenever I got caught, the cop would let me park my car and drive me home. then I'd go back and get it later.
We used to apply for insurance. Pay cash.. then cancel it 2 weeks later so we'd have the proof of insurance in our wallets...and get our money back.

If you get caught without a license here, you just tell the cop.... "no, I don't have a license" and he lets you off cause he's too lazy to write out the paper work. then he waves by to you as you drive off.

When I watch shows like 'Cops', I'm freaked out at how power mad the cops are when they catch people doing simple stuff like simple speeding or smoking up.

officially...where do you live? i would move there in a heartbeat. i hate this garbage too. i actually just got out of court a few days ago after having to pay a 50 dollar waiving fee becusae a cop pulled me over and i had my expired insurance card (which was from two days prior) and i had current insurance. just no card. so basically, a peice of paper cost me a court visit, 50 bucks, and a nasty argument with a powerhungry *ahem* dike cop.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 13
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
05/06/2007 1:09 am
Originally Posted by: DigitMan... laws in the U.S. are strict when it comes to suspended licenses.

Where's Mississauga, and how do I move there? :D
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 14
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
05/06/2007 3:31 am
Mississauga is actually bigger than Toronto, the city on it's eastern border.

You move there by explaining to Canada Customs and Immigration that you're about to observe the fine old Maritimer tradition of moving to Upper Canada to find a job.

Good luck to you, sir! :)
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 15
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/06/2007 11:34 am
Originally Posted by: strat-manI'm sold! any vacancies :D

Just go down to the Aurora food bank north of Toronto.
It's actually kinda fun cause ya can make fun of the stuff you're giving away...
like... "here's some chicken bubbles", "moo juice", axle grease for margarine, apple shawsh for your pork shops, dead pig.... floor sweepings for tea...
Course..everybody asks for me to serve em cause I act like a dick and give em twice as much as anybody else that works there.

there's a deaf couple that comes in and I freak everybody out cause they all think I can do sign language... obviously I don't have a clue so I don't know what the hell I'm saying. the lady that runs the place is a hoot too... she lets me take off for 2 hours to go around to the grocery stores and pick up the food bank packages.
Nobody ever asks for I.D. or anything so I could be just anybody grabbing a bin full of food and nobody says anything.
# 16
Digit
Digit
05/06/2007 11:48 am
Originally Posted by: quickfingersofficially...where do you live? i would move there in a heartbeat. i hate this garbage too. i actually just got out of court a few days ago after having to pay a 50 dollar waiving fee becusae a cop pulled me over and i had my expired insurance card (which was from two days prior) and i had current insurance. just no card. so basically, a peice of paper cost me a court visit, 50 bucks, and a nasty argument with a powerhungry *ahem* dike cop.

It's like that around here. I barrelled through a stop sign once and the cop stopped me, checked my pockets and found half a vial of hash oil. He searched my car, gave me back my vial and let me leave, no questions asked. Then I noticed he'd scraped some oil outa my vial.
Another time back in my younger days, I'd been drinking and my car did a 180 on the ice and ended up on the other side of the road in a ditch. The cop helped pull me out... asked me if I'd been drinking.. I said no, so he just let me go.
Another time I stopped for Pizza and the owner of the pizza place called the cops on me. The cop wouldn't let me drive home so he drove me 20 miles to my place and said to grab my car the next day.
A friend of mine joined the cops and knocked on the door once in his uniform.
I open it with a joint in my hand and basically freak.... he says don't worry about it, and comes in and sits down... his guns hanging off his belt and there's a bag of pot on the coffee table...

btw: I'm not advocating pot or anything illegal... drugs are bad for you and all that for all you kiddies.

Another time, my friend asked to borrow my cop friends jacket at a party.
We walked around the party and acted like cops... busting people for their hash. then we went out and smoked it.

My cop friend basically told me... it's just a job. When you're off work, you're off the clock so who cares....
# 17
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/06/2007 11:58 am
Yeah, it kinda freaks me out when I watch Cops on tv. They act like total dicks busting guys for drinking when they're 19 years old, or throwing them in jail for having a small amount of pot on them.

Hell... in Canada, I was going to the liquor store when I was 15... no questions asked. If we had a party, the cops would ask who's the owner of the house and it'd be my 18 year old buddy. He wouldn't even let the cops in and there was nothing they could do about it even though they could smell pot coming from inside. All they could do was kindly ask to keep the music down down because the people downstairs were complaining. And my friend was the one who was renting the apartment to them.

We used to have a weekly party at a place called the Embassy where they had bands. Everybody was around 14 or 15 and we'd smoke pot openly at the tables and drink beer. The cops never bothered us.

so when I see shows like Cops on American TV, it's like watching power hungry Natzis or something busting guys just cause they're 20 years old and drinking beer. Like..jeez... gimme a break.
# 18
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/06/2007 1:08 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangeso when I see shows like Cops on American TV, it's like watching power hungry Natzis or something busting guys just cause they're 20 years old and drinking beer. Like..jeez... gimme a break.

In my experience, if you're under 21 and get busted for drinking, the overwhelming probability is that you or somebody you're with have done something incredibly stupid.

If you do the responsible drinking thing (DON'T drive, DON'T be incredibly loud in a residential area, DON'T stumble around in public acting retarded, etc), there's almost no chance that you'll get caught because the police aren't about to door-to-door LOOKING for under-age drinkers... or pot smokers for that matter.

Almost any cop will tell you they have much more important things to be doing (ie: arresting violent criminals).

Now maybe it's just me, but I personally feel that my own damn lead foot is a lot more responsible for my speeding tickets than the officers who wrote them.

But that's me.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 19
dvenetian
dvenetian
05/07/2007 4:45 am
Paris will probably release a video from her experiences behind bars and will finally clear up the confusion on whether she's a switch hitter.

Poor Brittney, I wonder what she'll be shaving this time from all the stress her pal is goin through...........................................

These $100 Million + Girls have a tough life being out on their own. Everyone knows how old it gets being stuck in the back of a Private Limo night after night when you're drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.