View post (Bwah haha... Paris Hilton is going to jail)

View thread

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/06/2007 11:58 am
Yeah, it kinda freaks me out when I watch Cops on tv. They act like total dicks busting guys for drinking when they're 19 years old, or throwing them in jail for having a small amount of pot on them.

Hell... in Canada, I was going to the liquor store when I was 15... no questions asked. If we had a party, the cops would ask who's the owner of the house and it'd be my 18 year old buddy. He wouldn't even let the cops in and there was nothing they could do about it even though they could smell pot coming from inside. All they could do was kindly ask to keep the music down down because the people downstairs were complaining. And my friend was the one who was renting the apartment to them.

We used to have a weekly party at a place called the Embassy where they had bands. Everybody was around 14 or 15 and we'd smoke pot openly at the tables and drink beer. The cops never bothered us.

so when I see shows like Cops on American TV, it's like watching power hungry Natzis or something busting guys just cause they're 20 years old and drinking beer. Like..jeez... gimme a break.