Bwah haha... Paris Hilton is going to jail

iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
05/07/2007 10:40 pm
Well... I got pulled over for having a light out. That was a one hundered dollar ticket. Then I didn't have my liscense sooooooo I had to get out of the car, and I was very very very intoxicated and had no buisiness driving. So I blow a .214 before the cop just stops the machine. Then the rest blur but they let my room mate come and drive me back to our dorm (I called pulled over right behind it). Next morning I look at the ticket and because I was so drunk I got a reckless. Now explain to me if I didn't get pulled over for swirving or speeding, how was I driving reckless? The system sucks. Now I have to pay off 660 dollar fine. Which isn't a lot really, but they're expecting me to pay it by friday and as a full time student and only working part time I don't have it. The lady was nice though and said I could just pay off part of it and we'd work something out. Still... **** the pooolice.

# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
05/08/2007 12:53 am
Doesn't sound like you should even have a license.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
05/08/2007 12:58 am
I shouldn't have a license for getting pulled over for a dead tail light... that makes sense. Dude if you knew the way i drove, the girl who never speeds and never has even got anything about a parking ticket, yeah that makes sense. On the occasion I drink and drive, not going to lie, and not saying its a good thing, but its not like I'm going to spend the night outside by a camp fire when its freezing. I think it isn't justified to get a reckless when you weren't speeding or swirving. I understand getting a dui fine, but unless I'm getting pulled over for being a jack ass... I shouldn't get the maximum fine. What do I know though?

# 3
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
05/08/2007 1:01 am
Originally Posted by: iihollyWell... I got pulled over for having a light out. That was a one hundered dollar ticket. Then I didn't have my liscense sooooooo I had to get out of the car, and I was very very very intoxicated and had no buisiness driving. So I blow a .214 before the cop just stops the machine. Then the rest blur but they let my room mate come and drive me back to our dorm (I called pulled over right behind it). Next morning I look at the ticket and because I was so drunk I got a reckless. Now explain to me if I didn't get pulled over for swirving or speeding, how was I driving reckless? The system sucks. Now I have to pay off 660 dollar fine. Which isn't a lot really, but they're expecting me to pay it by friday and as a full time student and only working part time I don't have it. The lady was nice though and said I could just pay off part of it and we'd work something out. Still... **** the pooolice.

You're lucky he didn't haul you in for DUI. That's a nice suspended license and a nifty little mark on your record that never quite goes away. Jeez Holly, I can't preach to you since I did that sort of thing many, many times myself in the distant past but you coulda killed yourself or someone else. I've got no problem getting totally hammered but lock the keys up next time, okay?

There's no glory in being ejected through a windshield and into a telephone pole. When I was a fireman, I spent too many Saturday nights scraping nice kids like you off the street. And I could never figure out what to say to the parents who would show up at the scene screaming 'WHY???'
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 4
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
05/08/2007 1:53 am
Sorry if i sounded like a dick, im just pissed about something that's still a little fresh in my mind. We were at a friends, and my best friends family was there...we were all quite intoxicated except his dad and sister... on their way out he's like 'man... im driving'. Even three sheets to the wind i have enough sense to tell him not to. Im yelling at his family the whole way out the door to let his dad drive. Didn't happen. F*** them if they want to die...but is it fair if his 13 year old sister does too? Arrrr

Lucky for them they didn't crash, the kid drives crazy enough as it is. It just pathetic that a 17 year old has more sense than two parents riding with their drunken son.
/rant
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 5
grizzlymint
grizzlymint
05/08/2007 10:55 pm
Probably E! will come down and they'l make a hit show out of it. "The Simple Life...of an Inmate."
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.
# 6
Drew77
Drew77
05/08/2007 11:50 pm
Jesus jholly, 660 bucks isn't that much? you realize that the cop was being incredibly gracious right? By the book you probably should have been arrested and held for the night in the drunk tank, then they would have taken your license away for a few years, I don't know what sorta fines they hand out after that but jesus. The system certainly didn't bite you in the ass. If your gonna get wasted and drive at least don't get pissed when you get caught please, it's not like your being treated unfairly. You can't go around being incredibly selfish and expect sympathy for what you get your return on it, particularly in your case where you got of fairly easy.

It should also be said that paris isn't being sent to jail for a suspended license she is being sent there for violating her parole. But whatever, who cares if paris hilton goes to jail sounds like she deserves it, I swear to god that hollywood was created to distract people from the important things going on in this country.
# 7
ren
ren
05/09/2007 8:22 am
I heard Paris on the news this morning claiming that she brings beauty and entertainment to the world, and therefore should be let off jail. Loser... although I wouldn't be surprised if she does get let off.

Holly, I remember a similar incident last year with (if I remember right) one of your friends mothers. So, same thought - if you didn't already deserve to get pulled for drink driiving, you probably did for the stupidity of doing it with a busted light - you were likely to get pulled for that, then what are the cops gonna find?

I have no sympathy... you're reckless from the point you decide to drive, how you conduct yourself on the road isn't relevant. Now, I've done a fair few stupid things in my time, but I've never gotten hammered and even attempted to drive a car. They should have taken your license away... :mad:

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 8
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/09/2007 1:40 pm
Well.. I'm not one to throw stones cause in my teens we used to drink & drive all the time.
This was back before the whole 'MADD' uprise about drinking and driving so we didn't really give it a second thought. I think back now and realize how close I came to killing myself on numerous occasions. Falling asleep at the wheel on the highway. Being so drunk I had to keep one eye closed because I was seeing double. Spinning my car 180 deg into the oncoming traffic and going backwards down the embankment...twice.
Smashing the rear view mirror off my car because I swerved into incoming traffic... getting up in the morning and wondering who had moved my car and then realizing it was me,...I just couldn't remember going out.
If you counted smoking pot or doing other drugs while touring, you're talking about driving wasted nightly for 10 years or more.

The thing that finally stopped me was getting pulled over many years ago. I was 'this' close to falling asleep at the wheel when the cop pulled me over.
I blew something like double the limit.
Thing was though, I got off easy and was really grateful for getting pulled over that night cause I probably wouldn't have made it home.
Instead, all I got was a ride home by the cop, a $300 fine and a 30 day suspension.

Now of course... the brain cells kick in and I realize how utterly stupid I was.
There's no way I'd chance it anymore.
# 9
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
05/10/2007 3:50 pm
I stand by the fact that in order to get a reckless driving you should be reckless driving. Drinking and driving is bad, I know. Now I'm paying off even more because I was at a party last night that got busted, and they recognized me pulled me out of the crowd. I was the only person who got a ticket for underage alcohol possesion. I can't win on foot or on wheels.

# 10
ren
ren
05/10/2007 4:07 pm
But that's exactly it. You were reckless driving.

On the party stuff - that's how it is... once you get recognised life gets harder. The choice you have is a little sad, but boils down to either a) behaving yourself or b) being more discrete about not behaving yourself. I got pulled over years ago for speeding, and instead of taking it I gave the guy loads of cheek and basically got a lawyer to argue me out of it on a technicality. For the next 3 years I got pulled over by that cop probably at least once a month. You are now known, and you'll have to act with that in mind.

Also, partial apology for the tone of my last post - I think I mentioned before that a friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver, so I find it hard to have anything but contempt for this sort of thing. I do understand the logic of what you are saying - when I drive down a road at 120mph at 3am I'm only endangering me, so where's the harm? But, it is reckless to do more or less anything while drunk.... in fact in the UK it's technically illegal to be drunk... and I'm afraid that's just how it is. It woul be impossible to prosecute people for bad driving, but speeding / drinking / drugs / tail lights or whatever are easy catches for the cops...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 11
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/10/2007 9:54 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyI stand by the fact that in order to get a reckless driving you should be reckless driving. Drinking and driving is bad, I know. Now I'm paying off even more because I was at a party last night that got busted, and they recognized me pulled me out of the crowd. I was the only person who got a ticket for underage alcohol possesion. I can't win on foot or on wheels.

heh... that kinda sucks.
I can definitely agree with the underage drinking thing. It's hard to believe that you guys can't drink until you're 21.
We were buying liquor and going to the bars when we were 16.
Hell...we were already on the road playing in bars, smoking up and picking out groupies at that age.
# 12
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
05/11/2007 1:57 am
it would suck if i were in the US right now and in need of a drink legally...cos i turn 21 in december...so close yet so far

i like australia where it's all about being 18 and mellow
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 13
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
Weslaba
My Baby's a Fender!
05/11/2007 2:13 am
It's kinda funny when it comes to the U.S and drinking. We have like one of the oldest legal drinking ages (as far as I know) but we have probably the most trouble with alcohol abuse. Makes perfect sense to me actually, just seems kind of odd.
"Gypsy flies from coast to coast, knowing many loving none." -Allmans

SoundClick Page

Myspace Page (Add Me) (I'm better than you... Or am I :eek: )
# 14
dvenetian
dvenetian
05/11/2007 7:00 am
Originally Posted by: schmangeheh... that kinda sucks.
I can definitely agree with the underage drinking thing. It's hard to believe that you guys can't drink until you're 21.
We were buying liquor and going to the bars when we were 16.
Hell...we were already on the road playing in bars, smoking up and picking out groupies at that age.

Living in LA makes me wish they would raise the drinking age, by demographics.
Wide open streets in the US are one thing, but with over 3 million vehicles on the road at any given time where I'm from, is another.............
# 15
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/11/2007 7:32 pm
Raising the drinking age never really actually stops anybody from drinking.

It just gets more people in trouble when they do.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 16
dvenetian
dvenetian
05/11/2007 8:46 pm
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovRaising the drinking age never really actually stops anybody from drinking.

It just gets more people in trouble when they do.

So True....
# 17

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.