Review my experiment

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
03/17/2007 7:36 am
So I'm getting ready to move and I came across this notebook I had kinda forgot about from about a year and a half ago. It was my own version of remote viewing trials. It's not remote viewing in the strictest standards though (actual physical remote locations)...the CIA and Army Intel set up scientific protocols more rigid than mine for sure, but for my own purposes I made do. But any science experiment needs peer reviews...

Here was my basic premise:
I borrowed 3 Time-Life books (known from experience to have pictures on every page) that I never read. Removing the slip-sleeve covers left them almost indistinguishable from each other (save for the binding titles). After "shuffling" these sufficiently I laid them in a row and would roll a dye for a 1, 2, or 3, corresponding to which book I would target. Then, since I didn't have a random # generator, I would sometimes look at serial #'s on things, or do crazy arithmetic on a calculator, or even just roll the dye again 2-3 times to "generate" a page # target within range. And say I came up with 89...that would naturally include 88 to get the span of both pages when the book was open and vice versa for even #'s. Then of course I would relax for 10 minutes or so with a notepad writing down any images or impressions I felt. Then I would open the book to the target pages and compare.
I did this about 5 times I think. 3 of the 5 were either total failures or any similarities were too vague and/or interpretive to be worthy of note. 2 of them I might interpret as fairly close hits though. This is one of them.
[U]Great Discoveries[/U] pg's 30-31

Impressions: (while I would sometimes draw what I "saw", this instance I only wrote words)
the west
the moon
a helmet of some kind
Sphinx and/or mullet hairdo
flyfishing rod

The big picture shows King Tut's burial mask, top right is sarcophagus with mural on walls, and bottom right is statue of Tut on a skiff (boat) holding a spear in one hand and coiled rope in the other.

Analysis: (in white as to not affect other interpretations)
The 1st 2 impressions of west and the moon are obviously missing. The west is both too broad and too vague to register accuracy anyways (for what's it's worth, I've since learned that Egyptians related west with death), while the moon has come up before in previous viewings, always a miss. What this may mean of being a recurrent subconscious or conscious image is worth questioning if only for weeding out for better accuracy.
Main title page picture obviously matches the helmet and sphinx or mullet. Helmet is accurate in that the mask is a full head covering. Sphinx is both accurate in that the face does resemble the mask, and the obvious ancient Egyptian connection, but it is missing just because the target isn't the actual Sphinx despite similarities. Mullet is accurate only generally due to the draping and fanning out of gold down the back of the neck. The final picture could correspond to final impression of flyfishing rod. He stands on a skiff with coiled rope and a spear, which might have just been assumed by my rational logic to be a fly-rod, being more familiar to me than a spear, but again in the strictest sense, it's not a fly-rod.

I welcome any thoughts or criticisms. Obviously a book with single pictures would've narrowed the focus, but hey they were free...I didn't really want to spend money on an expensive photography book or whatever.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 1
dvenetian
dvenetian
03/17/2007 10:06 am
Wild stuff.
With you being interested in remote viewing, I was wondering if you've seen the webpage of that Brazillian that posted all of his communication letters to and from the US Department of State regarding where Bin Laden and Al-Zaquey are hiding.
Another letter claims to pinpoint the spider hole where Sadam Hussen was hiding in, with directions for the Military to capture him.
I don't know it's authenticity, but it's interesting reading his letters addressed to "Mister President George W. Bush" to say the least.
If you're interested, I'll see if I can dig up the http:
# 2
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
03/17/2007 3:50 pm
Nah, I hadn't seen those. While those would be exactly the kind of targets they use this for, who knows if they're genuine. Something like that would need a lot of corroborating evidence for me to give it much thought. And to that extent I wouldn't even say I'm "into" remote viewing...there's prolly more frauds just using the label for credibility than those using authentic protocols.
[/FONT]
# 3
dvenetian
dvenetian
03/17/2007 4:57 pm
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdNah, I hadn't seen those. While those would be exactly the kind of targets they use this for, who knows if they're genuine. Something like that would need a lot of corroborating evidence for me to give it much thought. And to that extent I wouldn't even say I'm "into" remote viewing...there's prolly more frauds just using the label for credibility than those using authentic protocols.

I totally agree.
Anyway, I found the page, Government stamped and all.
http://www.jucelino.daluz.nom.br/cartas_usa.htm
# 4
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
03/19/2007 2:32 pm
Kinda like Silly putty. Stretch it and see! :cool:
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 5
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
03/20/2007 3:44 am
Originally Posted by: DAMAGED ONEKinda like Silly putty. Stretch it and see! :cool:

Ummm...huh?
[/FONT]
# 6
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
03/20/2007 2:18 pm
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdUmmm...huh?
You can see what ever you want. I once saw Jesus on a pancake then I ate him.
# 7
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
03/20/2007 2:29 pm
Originally Posted by: DAMAGED ONEYou can see what ever you want. I once saw Jesus on a pancake then I ate him.

Holy indegestion Bat Man! :D
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 8
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
03/20/2007 4:28 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60Holy indegestion Bat Man! :D
LMAO :D Sorry to make light of this thread guys but come on Remote Vewing! Thats about as Interesting as why grass grows.
# 9
aschleman
aschleman
03/20/2007 5:03 pm
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdUmmm...huh?

He's just saying that when you make generalizations like the ones that you made... then look at something, your mind will stretch the meaning to try and make the generalizations relate... Even if the two are even closely related. For example the way that you came up with the way the Egyptians associate West with death... You mind searched for a relation and found it..... obviously the relation was buried a little deeper than the others but you found it nonetheless.

Similar to how people insist on analyzing lyrics in songs and making them out to be something that the song was entirely not meant to be. Like how they tried to say a Judas Priest song convinced a kid to committ suicide... They listened to it over and over in the court room.... In that situation, the more you hear it, the more your mind is going to make itself believe that it does hear a voice saying "Do it". It's more pyschology than anything.

Nonetheless it's very cool that you took the time to do an experiment like that and get the results that you got.
# 10
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
03/20/2007 6:02 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanHe's just saying that when you make generalizations like the ones that you made... then look at something, your mind will stretch the meaning to try and make the generalizations relate... Even if the two are even closely related. For example the way that you came up with the way the Egyptians associate West with death... You mind searched for a relation and found it..... obviously the relation was buried a little deeper than the others but you found it nonetheless.

Similar to how people insist on analyzing lyrics in songs and making them out to be something that the song was entirely not meant to be. Like how they tried to say a Judas Priest song convinced a kid to committ suicide... They listened to it over and over in the court room.... In that situation, the more you hear it, the more your mind is going to make itself believe that it does hear a voice saying "Do it". It's more pyschology than anything.

Nonetheless it's very cool that you took the time to do an experiment like that and get the results that you got.
Thanks Bro, I hate to explane myself sometimes. Especially amid all the intell.
# 11
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
03/20/2007 11:44 pm
Originally Posted by: DAMAGED ONELMAO :D Sorry to make light of this thread guys but come on Remote Vewing! Thats about as Interesting as why grass grows.

You're certainly entitled to that perspective. Where I'm coming from is not that I "believe" or whatever, but I'm open enough to at least allow the possibility of inquiry before automatically dismissing something. So yeah, I wanted to see for myself. And believe in it or not, police and FBI, military, and CIA still turn to these methods when all else fails, as they have yielded results.

Yeah, the west was especially a potential stretch, which is why I wrote at the time that had I even seen a connection, that it was too vague, and is why I subsequently added the "for what it's worth", which admittedly isn't much. And I do agree that the other impressions are still interpretive, but for myself it raised enough interest to continue. Actually looking at the notes again, it was way back in 2003 when I did these.

The other one perhaps worthy of mention I'll briefly explain as well. The initial set-up and process was the same, but the target happened to one of the other books, "Portraits of the Presidents". This time I drew the impressions and didn't write any words. And on this occasion I didn't feel totally relaxed and had trouble quieting my thoughts, so when my first impression of a plane's fuselage flickered by I almost put it down, but I dismissed it as randomness that came too quickly and didn't draw it (yet did note this impression in post analysis). So I ended up only drawing 2 things...a mushroom cloud and an atomic structure diagram with electron orbits.
Turning to the pages left me disappointed that I didn't draw that plane. Both pages were actually a collage of numerous little pictures, none of which seemed to match what I did draw. And yet, the headline in big bold print for the pages was "An Age of Atomic Anxiety", with the captions corresponding to the various pictures depicting the cold war, one of which was a B2 bomber on a runway.

So in the end, really I proved nothing. I still can't say that what I yielded really was due to extra sensory or just random thoughts that happened to fit in some way (or made to fit). I just found it interesting at least. Draw your own conclusions...or hell, try it yourself.
[/FONT]
# 12
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
03/21/2007 12:27 pm
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdSo in the end, really I proved nothing. I still can't say that what I yielded really was due to extra sensory or just random thoughts that happened to fit in some way (or made to fit). I just found it interesting at least. Draw your own conclusions...or hell, try it yourself.
Its not random it is deep in your Sub-brain because you saw it. Every thing we see or hear is in there we just have a very hard time extracting it.
# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.