Name Change

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/15/2007 6:39 pm
My name's crappy and cool depending on how ya look at it.
It's crappy cause there's like 25 million guys with the same name as me (3 of em live in this town)
It's kinda cool though, cause if I ever wanna steal somebody's identity I've got a lot of choices to pick through.
# 1
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
01/15/2007 7:40 pm
i wudn have MY nick as my first name... :rolleyes:
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
01/15/2007 7:42 pm
Originally Posted by: JFRICKIsn't Azrael the name of the cat on the Smurfs?

I think it's Azrielle... like the girl that I know. But they sound pretty close so I'm not positive... I use to watch the Smurfs every morning before I went to school. haha! That's old school.
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/15/2007 8:21 pm
No, the smurf-cat is definitely a dude. I think it's Azrael. It's still a cool name, though.

As some of you may know, my real name is gross and barely a name: Brendon Yarish. I actually did consider changing it to 'earthman buck' once I'm legally able, but came to the conclusion that I'm far too lazy to bother.

Incidentally, the name 'earthman buck' is what my dad apparently wanted to name me, but my mom wouldn't let him.

Names are fun. I'm gonna name my kid Toaster, if I ever have one.
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
01/15/2007 9:46 pm
That's really cool Az!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
polansky
polansky
01/15/2007 10:14 pm
Originally Posted by: Akira I like my name, although I do get annoyed saying my first name sometimes, like when I ring someone and I say "It's Sean"; it comes out sorta like "izsean", sometimes people think I'm saying John.

First of all... Cool name change Azrael, it's way better than any alias you may think.

My name for example (it's no brainer) it's RomĆ”n, all my life it's been the same history... when someone ask my name they allways get it wrong... "RamĆ³n", "Omar"... get the wax off dude.... so with time all my friends eventually called me Roman...Polanski, in one way of another so I decided to go with the flow and kept Polansky as my web nick, my computers and local networks ID...
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 6
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/15/2007 11:45 pm
My last name pretty much became my first name. :cool:
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 7
BluesHound9
BluesHound9
01/15/2007 11:51 pm
Congrats on the name change!! Very cool :)
# 8
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/16/2007 12:19 am
I keep thinking of my friends name .... Marcus Gumpenberger.
I felt so sorry for his new wife the first time she registered at a hotel and had to actually write out 'Gumpenberger' for the first time.
She accidentally wrote out her maiden name until we reminded her and even then she was reluctant to use her married name.

Then there's Dave Slauenwhite.
I tried like hell to convince him to name his kid Cole.

Coleslaw ... get it...
# 9
BluesHound9
BluesHound9
01/16/2007 5:08 am
My name is extremely common and generic. Robert Miller, There are three or four pages of that name in the phone book and anywhere I go that I need to use my name, Doctor, Dentist,video store ect. It's always a process getting the right account or appointment. I guess it could be worse though. Bill smith is pretty bad too!
# 10
acapella
acapella
01/16/2007 5:21 pm
Now that you changed your name, do you find it hard to think of yourself with the new name? I always thought that having thought of yourself by the same name for your whole life, it would be hard to change that. Not to mention getting everybody who knows you to call you by a new name.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 11
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
01/16/2007 7:20 pm
i know of a person with the name Melanie Inglefinger

that was a hit in class...
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 12
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/16/2007 7:40 pm
The first girl I ever kissed was called Catherine Fredenberg.
As soon as I got home I washed my mouth to get rid of her germs. (hey, I was only 13 and girls were still kinda icky)
# 13
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/17/2007 5:00 am
Originally Posted by: schmange... As soon as I got home I washed my mouth to get rid of her germs. (hey, I was only 13 and girls were still kinda icky)

LOL@schmange! Yeah, there was a time when beer tasted icky, too....

Azrael! Good stuff! But why stop there? Surely Azrael Dracomeister, or somesuch?
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 14
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/17/2007 5:50 am
So I'm guessin your name is prounounced AZ-ray-ell. that would make it different than Gargomel's cat who's name is pronounced Az-ree-ell. Both are quite great. I still watch the smurfs twice a day, I think they're really smurfy. Like the one time when Smurfette got smurfed by the wartmonger. That was pretty smurfed up but they always find a way to smurf themselves out of things. Then they just smurf along their way.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 15
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
01/17/2007 12:43 pm
Weeell actually it goes like this:

(trying to translate)

Dear Sir

we confirm the receipt of your inquiry. Concerning the name Azrael we can tell you this:

The name Azrael is a male forname which is one of the many variations of the ancient hebrew name Azriel. The biblical male name Azriel (also Asriel) can be traced back to the hebrew [FONT=Times New Roman]'aƟerĆ®'ĆŖl[/FONT] or [FONT=Times New Roman]'azerĆ®'ĆŖl[/FONT], meaning 'fighting or regnant is god; vow of god; luck of god' respectively '(my) help is god (El)'. It gained popularity primarily as the Name of the angel [FONT=Times New Roman]Azrael[/FONT]. Today in Israel this name is a very common male forename in the diction of Azriel (my help is God).
It has also been taken on to the arabic as Izrail, Israil ('IsrĆ¢'il) respectively Ezrail (EzrĆ¢'il).

In the german language area the name made its first appearance as the male name Israel as surname of the patriarch Jakob and as holy name in the 10th century (also the dictions Israhel, Ysrael and IƟrael).

In the english and romanic language areas the male variations Azrael, Azriel, Esrail, Israel, IsraƩl, Israƫl, Israhel and Izrael can be verified.

Today in Germany there are numerous variations of this name documented as a male forename primarily coming from english, romanic, arabic-persian and turkish influences: Israel, Izrail, Israil, Israyil, Izrayil, Ezrail, Asriel, Asrail, Azrael, Azriel and Azrelian.

The name Azrael in this particular spelling can be verified and recognized as male forename (cp. the similar, also hebrew male names Raphael, Michael, Emmanuel, Nathanael, Gabriel and Raziel). Therefore there are no objections to register the name Azrael as male forename.

Sincerely

thats about it :)

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 16
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/17/2007 1:01 pm
hmm... my inquiry didn't go quite as well as yours...

Dear Sir

we confirm the receipt of your inquiry. Concerning the name Schmange we can tell you this:

The name Schmange is a male forskin which is one of the many variations of the ancient Celtic name Spooge. The biblical male name Schmange (also Smange) can be traced back to the Celtic aballony or, meaning 'fighting while pregnant is good; wow I'm good; God I'm good ' respectively '(my) hair is good (El)'. It gained popularity primarily as the Name of the midget accordian player, Schmenge. Today in Gooderham, this name is a very common male foreskin in the diction of Shcmage (my thing is good).
It has also been taken on to the arabic as Schmunge, Schmage ('scmage') respectively Schmoog (smoog).

In the german language area the name made its first appearance as the male name Sponge as surname of the patriarch Posieden and as holy name in the 10th century (also the dictions Schmell, Schmashed and Schmelly).

The name Schmange in this particular spelling can be verified and recognized as male foreskin (cp. the similar, also Canadian male names Biff, Studly, Barfolemew (Barf), Bob Loblaw, Pris Fredenberninski and Heavy Metal Monster Marcus Gumpenberger). Therefore there are no objections to register the name Schmange as your male foreskin.

Sincerely
# 17
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
01/17/2007 1:29 pm
you, sir, are a very sick man! *LMAO*

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 18
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
01/17/2007 2:04 pm
LMAO!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 19
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/17/2007 3:42 pm
Originally Posted by: Azrael....Therefore there are no objections to register the name Azrael as male forename.

So....when you change your name it has to actually be a name already?

That's ridiculous.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.