america under attack !!!!

chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
09/17/2001 5:38 pm
I have spent much time watching the aftermath of the terrorists attacks on t.v. & have not seen any footage of people celebrating. Was this footage shown on all networks? (I've mainly been watching cnn & abc) Where did you get your info. from, & how do you know this is old footage?

Just curious, it sickens me to think that someone would do this for sensationalism.
# 1
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
09/17/2001 5:42 pm
The clips i saw, was a clip of palestinian kids (i mean 10 and maybe less years old) hanging around with palestinian flags, and then some people , grown ups this time shooting at the air, and dancing on the streets
i saw this clip on a russian chanel (as you may guess they dont like israel or the usa much, so they wouldnt lie just to make palestinians look like bad guys)
the program's host said that people on the streets got candies from people from the terror organizations in the PA, but soon all the demonstrations were stopped, because the official PLO condemned the bombing
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 2
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
09/17/2001 6:09 pm
That clip was shown on most major news networks. CNN, FoxNews . . . and now Zeppelin says it was shown on Russian news networks.

Now, do you really think that all these networks would be so stupid as to try to pull something like that? . . . especially when people could easily find out that it was from the Gulf War era.

Even in the off-chance that the clip is old, does it really matter? The fact is that the Palestinians were celebrating, and their PLO leaders told everyone to stop once it got out. That has been confirmed. Whether or not the footage is old makes no difference.

Originally posted by educatedfilm
it's just poeple like Christoph make me mad.

That's because people like me tell the truth.
# 3
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
09/17/2001 7:09 pm
Chris mood:It's the same clip as Zeplin describes..it was on the english channels. I heard it on the Edweena Currie prgogram [former mp] (on the radio)BBC . this wouldn't be the first time anything like this has happened.
eg. At the beging of the gulf war, there were two women crying they're eyes out saying that they had watched the iraqi soldiers throwing new borns out of incubators in kuwiate city and taking the incubators to Bagdad, Amnisty International has said that this story is false, but it was years too late, and the damage was done.

Christoph: "That's because people like me tell the truth"
how the hell can you be telling the truth if you dont know what your talking about.

Zeplin: i dont think that it was intended by all the channels to make the palastinains look bad, but someone somewhere along the line took the old footage and gave it in, where it was never questioned as being old, untill someone spotted it. However the fact the media doesn't check the acuracy of it's sources means i've lost faith in the media.
One last thing Zepllin, what i say isn't personal it's just my opinion, and i dont have a vote in america or Isreal, so really i wouldn't worry about what i say too much if i were you.
# 4
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
09/17/2001 7:23 pm
I know it is not personal
but as a proud israeli citizen, i can't
even stand the fact someone compares us to the PLO
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 5
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
09/17/2001 9:31 pm

Educatedfilm, intelligent discusion is one thing, but throwing insults around is another. Before you accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about you should acquaint yourself with the facts. Why would the Palestinians be celebrating during the Gulf War anyway? Their little buddy Saddam got his ass kicked.

I don't have anything against you, educatedfilm, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how jacked up it may be. While this is the "Open Discussion" forum and we can discuss anything we want, I think this thread should be shut down. We're not going to change any one's opinions, so we should just go back to talking guitars before we piss each other off (whoops, too late).

I'll be happy to discuss this over email, if you want, but I will not reply on this board or read this thread any more.
# 6
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
09/17/2001 9:41 pm
I believe i see your point, educated film, (don't jump on me if i'm wrong). I thinkn your trying to say that neither side in the PLO/Israel conflict, is innocent. Don't get me worng, i'm jewish and support Israel 100%, but you're right, both sides have commited terrorist attacks. However, if you take a look through history, you'll see that the PLO have commited many more acts of terrorism than the Israelis. I don't want to get into who did what first, because basically every act now is (or is viewed) as retalitory act. It's constantly goes back and forth. Israel has tried to break the cycle and have done a lot. But the PLO has not done anythinng. but i do see your point, and you are right in the sense that neither side is innocent, and i agree with you there.

Zeppelin, though i don't know really what it feels like to be in constant fear of attack, i can get a pretty good idea. I wish that Israel and the PLO can get along, all this terrorism stops. I support you guys all the way! One thing i remember quite clearly is back in 1992, watching the Historic "peace" agreement. I remeber quite clearly watching iit being signed. I've always wondered what happened to that.

I know that most arabs will only be happy once Israel is completely dissolved, i hope it never comes to that. I hope to visit there one day. My sister was supposed to go this year but it got canceled due to PLO attacks.

To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 7
skee1
High Bandwidth
skee1
High Bandwidth
09/17/2001 10:29 pm
Originally posted by Christoph
That clip was shown on most major news networks. CNN, FoxNews . . . and now Zeppelin says it was shown on Russian news networks.

Now, do you really think that all these networks would be so stupid as to try to pull something like that? . . . especially when people could easily find out that it was from the Gulf War era.

Even in the off-chance that the clip is old, does it really matter? The fact is that the Palestinians were celebrating, and their PLO leaders told everyone to stop once it got out. That has been confirmed. Whether or not the footage is old makes no difference.

Originally posted by educatedfilm
it's just poeple like Christoph make me mad.

That's because people like me tell the truth.

Those films are what Out-Raged the USA.
Those films are dated 2001 and were shown on all major,
networks,plus local networks in the USA all you have to is,
get on CNN tALK BACK LIVE and ask thats what i did!
THEY SAID 2001 PLUS SO DID CNN..............
So i have to support Christoph.

Mark
P:S Hell check it out for your self don't belive me ok?

yours truly Mark Toman
# 8
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
09/18/2001 11:50 am
I retract my comment on the clip for the time being, untill i can gather more evidence to prove it or disprove it... I have gone to the CNN people and asked them on the subject, but theres no reply yet...
Christoph: feel free to e-mail me, but please if you want to get into a serious debate dont use langauge like:

1"think educatedfilm is just desperate to not have his current way of thinking upset."
2"So go on lamenting the poor, persecuted Palestinians"

and read the earlier replies alot of the stuff we're saying will make more sense...

"Why would the Palestinians be celebrating during the Gulf War anyway? Their little buddy Saddam got his ass kicked."
a)they were celbrating the fact that the troops were pulling out (im pretty sure, although i'm not certain).
b) Suddam has been the enemy of the arabs for alot longer than he has been an enemy of the US (he only became an enemy of the US when he invaded kuwaite, before that he was a freind and being funded to wage war on Iran (please check this for your self, it was during the 80s))
c) absolutly nothing happpened to him, all that's happened is that his poeple were made to suffer even though they had been against him even before the whole kuwaite issue..

# 9
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
09/18/2001 11:56 am
Thank you zepp_rules for having an open enough mind to see there are reasons for the alternative opinion.
"thinkn your trying to say that neither side in the PLO/Israel conflict, is innocent. " that's pretty much it.
# 10
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/18/2001 6:38 pm
I thought we all agreed to drop this endless debate.

We all have different perspectives, and the truth just keeps getting lost in the middle of it all.

That's all I have to say anymore.
"When you're a young, long-haired guitarist, no one takes you seriously." - John Petrucci

www.erikhagen.net
Web - Photo - Audio
# 11
emmanuel79
emmanuel79
09/21/2001 10:45 am
Hello there... I am a malaysian and I am a christian. Well, I'm very sad to hear about this tragedies and hope I can help as an individual but what can I do? Even my own people also died in the tragedy. It is such a horrible news I've got from my fellow cousin in LA. Well, even our leader condemn the attack and full support on US against these Attackers. Well, we also have our own Twin Towers and even our own people afraid of this kind of attack until someone fooled our people that there is a bomb inside. Lets stop this terrorist activity together and put religion aside as the only enemy is the Terrorist. No religion in this world teach us to kill others for our own goodness. Except satanic or devil worshipers... or criminal who uses religion as an excuse for them to kill and live longer. using religion will also help the evil person get support b'coz they thought it is for religion but in fact it is just an Illusion. America and Malaysia.... u can see the similarity.... the Flag, the Freedom, Civillized.... the harmony of its multi racial people.... God Bless You America and hope we all can be together to fight against the evil doer....
*Aliens Understand Music*
# 12
Joseph
Joseph
09/25/2001 4:06 am

With what has transpired (with this attack on America,) many people feel that violence isn't the answer to end all of terrorism. But we shouldn't just roll over on our belly and expect for all of this to just fade away. Of course wounds will heal, and soon we'll get back on track with work and everyday life, but there's no telling when our country will face another attack this strong, or perhaps even stronger.

It is well documented that Bin Laden has been trying to buy uranium (to make atomic bombs). If action is not taken now to wipe out the terrorists, then next time there will be a mushroom cloud over NYC. In this country, we shouldn't have to live in fear. We shouldn't have to fear for our kids when they head off to school, at the end of the day, (throughout all of the craziness that goes on,) all we want to do is to be at peace with our ourselves, and our friends and family.

This past weekend, officials in Massachusetts were warned that Boston could have been targeted for a terrorist attack. City officials declined to discuss what was told to them in a phone call, but they said there is no evidence that another attack is in the offing and that residents should not be alarmed. Meanwhile, police in France arrested seven people Friday in connection with an investigation into alleged plans to attack American interests in France, including the U.S. Embassy in Paris. I am not calling for the obliteration of Afghanistan - the Russians did this 20 years ago. But measured military action is the ONLY way to destoy those who want to destroy liberty and freedom.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 13
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/01/2001 9:42 pm

Hey, that's a great idea.

We should send Rammstein and Slipknot over there. They could bring the Taliban regime to its knees in a few hours.
# 14
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/02/2001 12:33 am
I nominate Panera. Anybody who has seen their home videos knows why.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.