Well, someone had to start one about it.

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/16/2006 9:14 pm
The Ps3 that is. I've driven by a few places that have 60 or 70 kids that are camping out waiting for this thang. The funny thing is, the most any store has reported to get in stock is 26, thats out of the whole nation. When I see that many kids, most of which know they won't be walking out with one cause they're 56 in line, need to face the truth. Also, out of the 400,000 consoles available (same as 360 launch), 70% percent are the more expensive packs.

I still think Xbox has a good chance of winning this console war, if not, come close for better respect of Sony fans.

So go ahead and vote on who you thinks gonna win, and post your thoughts on the subject.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/17/2006 2:46 am
I'm getting a Wii. Should be a little bit easier to get one compared to the others.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Julian Vickers
Julian Vickers
11/17/2006 3:03 am
I'm totally getting Wii!
Miracle Blade 4: Gibs on touch.
# 3
ren
ren
11/17/2006 8:51 am
I've got a 360, so I guess I hope that wins the 'war'. The games still aren't amazing (although having HD TV makes a big difference) and I still mostly play Halo 2 from the original xbox. Microsoft have nailed the online thing in my opinion, although if I'm honest I don't think the 360 is drastically better than the original xbox...

PS3 I think can't possibly meet the hype. I may buy one later once there are games for it that impress, or if I want a blu-ray machine but no way am I gonna get suckered into paying way over the top from ebay etc or queuing for hours. I had PS1 and PS2 - the only thing for Sony for me is that Rockstar release their games there first, so the next GTA will probably be on PS3 for a year before it hits the 360....

The Wii I like the idea of - I've had a few nintendo consoles over the years. I like that they are going a different way rather than going all out for graphics and 'next gen'. If they have to rely on game play it might be that their games are very good. Time will tell....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 4
Scotttaylor72
Scotttaylor72
11/17/2006 1:25 pm
I also believe that M$ is going to win this battle, just like everything else. I saw a demo recently and was underwhelmed to say the least. The response from E3 was also underwhelming. Game companies do not like the Sony platform. It takes too much extra time to develop for the system. In comparison, an XBOX360 is really similar in development as a PC game. So when a title comes out for PC or XBOX360, it is easy to port one to the other. To port the same title to Sony, it has to be completely re-written from scratch. Developers dont want to have to spend the extra coin. They like the ROI with only having to develop one time to cover multi platforms. Sony's only advantage is title exclusives. I hear many of these companies will not renew there exclusivity deals with Sony.

Also, the verdict isnt in on Blu-ray. This could be Betamax all over again.

Ren, I'm a little surprised to hear you say that you don't think it's that much better than the original X-box. I currently only own three 360 games, and the graphics and game play is much better than the same games on the xbox. I was actually stunned the first time Madden booted up on the 360, it made the $600 I spent on the console/game/controller worth it.
# 5
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/17/2006 4:02 pm
This time around, Rockstar is putting out the new GTA ( I think they're calling it GTA: IV) the same time on all consoles (mabey not the wii.)

I lso dissagree that the 360 isn't much better than the origional. Look at the graphics of launch games for the origional, and look at the launch games for the 360. We have progressesed a lot, and I'm anxious (sp?) to see how it continues.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 6
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
11/17/2006 6:26 pm
people here got mugged waiting all night outside the store :rolleyes: the crooks figured they had cash.
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 7
acapella
acapella
11/17/2006 8:23 pm
Personally, if I have the money I'm getting a Wii. As far as who will win the war, my money's on the 360.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 8
ren
ren
11/17/2006 8:30 pm
Originally Posted by: Scotttaylor72...Ren, I'm a little surprised to hear you say that you don't think it's that much better than the original X-box. I currently only own three 360 games, and the graphics and game play is much better than the same games on the xbox. I was actually stunned the first time Madden booted up on the 360, it made the $600 I spent on the console/game/controller worth it.

It's possible that I've been a bit strong, I guess I probably should have gone with saying I was (and am) underwhelmed. I was expecting more that's for sure.

Bear in mind that I ditched the xbox the same time as I got the 360, so I never had the two to compare. In my mind's eye or whatever, PGR3 is not drastically better in look or feel than PGR2, Saint's Row isn't better than GTA3 or Vice City in my opinion. I just got COD3, and that does look good I must admit.

So yeah, maybe I've overplayed my hand there boys... I do feel that xbox 36o is more 'xbox 1.2' than 'xbox 2' - I don't think it's next gen. Think of the NES vs the Super NES, or that vs the PS1. For M$ I guess the question is, will Sony pull it out of the bag....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 9
aschleman
aschleman
11/17/2006 8:39 pm
Just so everyone knows... My roomate waited in line at Walmart since Wednesday so that our apartement can be blessed with a Playstation 3... We own a 360... and I'm going to say.... Playstation owns.

We have a high def television and the difference between the Blue Ray discs that the PS3 uses and the ones the 360 uses is amazing!!! I think in general the PS3 is a far superior system... it has most of the same features as the 360 as far as playing music and storing music on it and such... The cool thing is that I can sync my celll phone to it since it is a BlueTooth device and I can instantly send and recieve .mp3 files from my phone. Also you can sync your PSP straight to the PS3 and download files and such... I don't know what to think of the Wii quite yet... I think it's going to be different but I personally won't buy one... we already got two next gen systems and I still play my Playstation 2 more than I do the 360.... Mostly because I purchased Final Fantasy XII when it came out.... but even then I didn't play the 360 all that often...... Anyone that owns both... except hardcore 360 Live gamers will tell you that the PS3 owns.......... It's kind of like a Gibson/Fender debate when it comes to Xbox/Playstation debates.... Some people prefer one over the other... I have always preferred the Playstation to the Xbox... I never have like the Xbox controllers... although the 360 one is a bit better... But I like how through 3 generations of consoles... Sony has kept the same controller, except making it better each time... pressure sensitive buttons on the PS2... and now cordless and the ability to turn on and off the console from the controller (like the Xbox... one thing I REALLY liked about the 360...)... But still I say the PS3 owns all for now... Plus, it's the cheapest BlueRay DVD player on the market right now... so you get a killer game system and a killllller high def DVD player in one...

I think the Wii looks decent though... I thought it would bomb but it looks like some of the game developers are really utilizing the two handed controller... the only bad thing is... Some people probably aren't going to be cooridinated enough to use the controllers effectively... which will be a turn off... haha.
# 10
Sarah0203
Sarah0203
11/17/2006 8:41 pm
I reckon the PS3 will win, Sony are super talented at building up hype. Like with the PS2, when it first came out, just before christmas, there wasn't enough consoles available, which pushed up the prices - they were being sold for around €500! They're gonna do the same thing with the new one.

Personally, I'm a nintendo fan, so I'll be going for the Wii.
# 11
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/17/2006 10:15 pm
Everyone should take the time and search ps3 on ebay. :eek:

Myspace
# 12
earthman buck
earthman buck
11/17/2006 10:28 pm
I voted for the Wii. I actually couldn't care less about video games, but I love saying it. Wheeee!
# 13
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/19/2006 6:23 pm

I only stood in line for 5 hours last night and I have to say it's more than I expected. The fun factor is great. The controls can be touchy but I don't think it's anything a little playing time wouldn't cure. Hell my 4 year old nailed a strike on the Monkey Ball bowling. The ways you can use the Wii-mote are sweet. Monkeyball has 50 different minigames. I havent gotten through all of them but my favorite so far is the darts. Madden '07 is ok. You move the Wii-mote to do your jukes and stiff arms and make a throwing motion to pass. If the other games utilize the Wii-mote as good as these two I have a good feeling that this will catch on pretty quick. The cost wasn't toooo bad I got the system, 2 games, another Wii-mote, and the cool pink cover for my wife plus the two year warrenty for $425. Not as much as the other two by far I think. Don't knock it 'til you try it and try it you must.

Yes the date is off on my camera. :rolleyes:
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 14

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.