kanye jerk

z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
11/07/2006 4:10 am
first off, I am not a rap fan but this story caught my eye.....kanye "bone-yoddeler" west won best hip-hop artist but did not win best video, so he storms the stage and cusses everybody out and states the awards have no credibility because he did not win(this is while the winner was onstage getting award)....how lame can one be :rolleyes:
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/07/2006 4:17 am
Guitar > scratch pad :rolleyes:
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
11/07/2006 4:21 am
ain't that the truth
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
11/07/2006 4:24 am
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpfirst off, I am not a rap fan but this story caught my eye.....kanye "bone-yoddeler" west won best hip-hop artist but did not win best video, so he storms the stage and cusses everybody out and states the awards have no credibility because he did not win(this is while the winner was onstage getting award)....how lame can one be :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
My favourite stage tantrum is this, if it was indeed a tantrum:
[QUOTE=Wikipedia (Tim Commerford entry)]The award for Best Rock Video was being presented and Rage Against the Machine, among many others, were nominated for it. In the end, the award went to Limp Bizkit. As vocalist Fred Durst, was making his acceptance speech, Commerford climbed up part of the set and rocked it back and forth, threatening to jump. Durst had just finished saying "It's a big surprise to be in one of the world's most hated rock bands, and to be getting an award right now", when his bandmates pointed Commerford out to him. He continued, saying "and we've got a mad man", then began to egg Commerford on, saying "Stage dive, dude" and "Take a dive". By this time the crowd had started a small "Jump!" chant. Fred then began saying the typical thank-yous when Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland said "Thanks to that guy right there!" while pointing to Commerford. Fred replied with, "Yeah, this guy should be getting the award—he's rock and roll." Limp Bizkit continued with their thank-yous, with DJ Lethal even saying "Everybody is a winner tonight". Durst finally said "And this guy's a pussy cause he won't jump". The show soon went into a commercial break. Both Commerford and his body guard were sentenced to a night in jail, though he later stated the stunt was intended as a joke. It is rumored that the incident led to the break-up of Rage Against the Machine, despite Rage vocalist Zack de la Rocha's citation of creative differences as the main reason for his departure from the band.

# 4
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
11/07/2006 4:26 am
Originally Posted by: elklanderccGuitar > scratch pad :rolleyes:

ain't that the truth...or should i say "word"
# 5
aschleman
aschleman
11/07/2006 4:27 am
kanye couldn't sell a record if it weren't for all the numerous classic rock and 80's beats that he's ripped off and sampled...
# 6
earthman buck
earthman buck
11/07/2006 4:33 am
Originally Posted by: aschlemankanye couldn't sell a record if it weren't for all the numerous classic rock and 80's beats that he's ripped off and sampled...

You could say that about any rapper. It's called rap.

*Interesting fact*: The word sample just reminded me that the song "Relax" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood used a two-second drum loop of John Bonham playing drums, but I can't remember what song it was from.
# 7
pure
pure
11/07/2006 4:43 am
he's just expressing himself. i dont know who won best video but it could be somebody he got beef with.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 8
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
11/07/2006 5:46 am
http://www.mtv.com/#/news/articles/1545052/20061106/west_kanye.jhtml

i still think he's an idiot for doing that...if not a bigger one after reading his excuses
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 9
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/07/2006 2:12 pm
Originally Posted by: purehe's just expressing himself.

You've got to be kidding! He's just a whiny ass sore looser, and should have any award that he got taken away from him for pulling such a pathetic stunt like that. Expressing himself? Give me a break :rolleyes:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 10
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/07/2006 2:16 pm
I think there should be a new rule that talking about rap should not be allowed. Today's rap probably makes over 90% of us sick to our stomachs, and when we express our opinions about it, the other 10% get their feelings hurt and start whining and giving out negative reps. :mad:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 11
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/07/2006 2:34 pm
Originally Posted by: jeffhxhttp://www.mtv.com/#/news/articles/1545052/20061106/west_kanye.jhtml

i still think he's an idiot for doing that...if not a bigger one after reading his excuses

Seriously, alcohol doesn't put different words in your mouth, it makes you say what you always say, just louder.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 12
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
11/07/2006 2:48 pm
Originally Posted by: purehe's just expressing himself. i dont know who won best video but it could be somebody he got beef with.

I'd bet he would sell more records if he'd just shut up for a while....
I never respected Kanye to begin with, but that lack of respect went to hate after his stunt on t.v. during the Katrina benefit...
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 13
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
11/07/2006 2:57 pm
I actually like "some" rap. I think that there are some songs that are very clever, rhythmically.. and I wouldn't go against a whole genre of music.. Now I agree I think that certain styles within the genre are way overdone, but having said that I still wouldn't say that the whole genre makes me sick, because it doesn't.

I think I'm turned off more by "Death Metal" than rap.. and I have certainly tried to find a song of that genre that I like... Cryptic sure has sent me plenty.. but I still have yet to find the appeal to it. But I wouldn't ever say that the whole genre should be banned.

I guess I try to find the good in all music... Its as individual as we are, and that's the way that it should be.

Although Kanye's reaction to losing... very poor in my opinion. He is supposed to be a professional.. and that was just very immature and lacks class.
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 14
ren
ren
11/07/2006 3:53 pm
It'll cost him eventually (if it hasn't already). As I understand it, he's a joke in the rap 'scene' anyway, so all he'll do is alienate those already less likely to buy his records... :rolleyes:

Some rap is good, but we're talking NWA, Public Enemy etc. A decent, modern rap tune is as rare as rocking horse crap...

And as for 'he's just expressing himself' - he has the right to say whatever he likes, and we collectively have the right to laugh our asses off at him for whatever he says. He sounds like one of the top ten most conceited individuals in the world. Maybe he'll win an award for that...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 15
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
11/07/2006 9:12 pm
Meh...you all know how i feel about rap. I do like Beastie Boys cause they're hilarious, and RATM, if you condsider them rap.

There's no excuse for acting like this. Ever. He didn't win simpy cause he's no the favourite. He has a quad stacker sized ego, and it's good to see him shot down.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 16
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/07/2006 10:15 pm
Yeah that was a bunch of BS. I can listen to Bone thugs and Eminem because they have a style that I like and put some feeling into what they are saying. Most of the newer rap is awful compared to the 90's. Someone should bring back the old school rock tunes like "Chery Bomb" and such so the kids will have something else to dance to.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 17
earthman buck
earthman buck
11/07/2006 10:29 pm
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyMeh...you all know how i feel about rap. I do like Beastie Boys cause they're hilarious, and RATM, if you condsider them rap.

Hear hear. I bought Rage's first album the other day, and I can't stop listening to it. Something about hearing Zack de la Rocha scream about the same things over and over again makes my heart sing.
# 18
quickfingers
quickfingers
11/07/2006 10:35 pm
probably a weird post, but since we're talking about a genre most of us could care less about, i suggest that you all check out a group like Nonphixion. it never fronts as just another bravado-filled pastry that we can find on our local top 20. its just hiphop, but it says "rock and roll" to me. something about the fact that they had an obsession with black sabbath and slayer, i dunno. check their myspace out. theyve since broken up years ago, but i think im gonna try and pick up their album again (mine got stolen from my car about 3 months ago:(.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 19
pure
pure
11/08/2006 1:27 am
yea some rap is good. most rap today sucks because its the same things over and over but occasionally something good comes and thats the type of rap i like. i don't like the idea of somebody talking about how gangster he is or how much he has, i like real rap, the rap that was lost in the 90s.

as for kanye, although he's got his own problems, it wasn't very professional showing off on tv. even worse on awards. people don't get awarded for things like that.

i agree with prs.. every time a rap thread is made, most people hate it and the rest hate the people hating it.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.