View post (kanye jerk)

View thread

earthman buck
earthman buck
11/07/2006 4:24 am
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpfirst off, I am not a rap fan but this story caught my eye.....kanye "bone-yoddeler" west won best hip-hop artist but did not win best video, so he storms the stage and cusses everybody out and states the awards have no credibility because he did not win(this is while the winner was onstage getting award)....how lame can one be :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
My favourite stage tantrum is this, if it was indeed a tantrum:
[QUOTE=Wikipedia (Tim Commerford entry)]The award for Best Rock Video was being presented and Rage Against the Machine, among many others, were nominated for it. In the end, the award went to Limp Bizkit. As vocalist Fred Durst, was making his acceptance speech, Commerford climbed up part of the set and rocked it back and forth, threatening to jump. Durst had just finished saying "It's a big surprise to be in one of the world's most hated rock bands, and to be getting an award right now", when his bandmates pointed Commerford out to him. He continued, saying "and we've got a mad man", then began to egg Commerford on, saying "Stage dive, dude" and "Take a dive". By this time the crowd had started a small "Jump!" chant. Fred then began saying the typical thank-yous when Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland said "Thanks to that guy right there!" while pointing to Commerford. Fred replied with, "Yeah, this guy should be getting the award—he's rock and roll." Limp Bizkit continued with their thank-yous, with DJ Lethal even saying "Everybody is a winner tonight". Durst finally said "And this guy's a pussy cause he won't jump". The show soon went into a commercial break. Both Commerford and his body guard were sentenced to a night in jail, though he later stated the stunt was intended as a joke. It is rumored that the incident led to the break-up of Rage Against the Machine, despite Rage vocalist Zack de la Rocha's citation of creative differences as the main reason for his departure from the band.