kanye jerk

jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
11/08/2006 1:30 am
meh i have nothing against rap or hip hop either...its just like a different genre of music to me that i am not keen in...similar to emo and all that..but that stunt he pulled and the attitude he showed, acting all noble and stuff...its repugnant...he'd been doing charity stuff too i read somewhere (yes i have alot of free time)...so im not surprised if it WAS a publicity stunt...ah well who knows what goes thru his head...
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 1
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
11/08/2006 1:43 am
ok ...it is all my fault....nanner nanner naaaaanner :D
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/08/2006 2:32 am
It's people like him that give rap a bad name, and turn people off from the genre, but unfortunately, that's exactly how most rappers are now days.... in it for the fame and fortune only. Every time I see some rapper, or anyone for that matter, wearing all sorts of jewelry and mainly those horrid teeth covers I throw up a little.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3
gogogo
gogogo
11/08/2006 2:59 am
I could go on and on about this but hey rap today is...well about ppl gettin rich n famous and havin fun along the way...its hilarious to me as a rap fan i could care less about kanye more than likely its an attention ploy...theres things about rap that rock/metal/ect. fans can't understand because its more than the music its the lifestyle...same can be said for most genres of music...rap isn't about complex structure, its about the feelin the message, whatever that may be. It shouldn't be analyzed...just taken for what it is...you can hate it or love it!
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/08/2006 3:07 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyMeh...you all know how i feel about rap. I do like Beastie Boys cause they're hilarious, and RATM, if you condsider them rap.

There's no excuse for acting like this. Ever. He didn't win simpy cause he's no the favourite. He has a quad stacker sized ego, and it's good to see him shot down.

If I see you put rap and RATM in the same sentence again..you will be shot, hung, drawn and quatered. :rolleyes:
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5
quickfingers
quickfingers
11/08/2006 3:18 am
hiphop today has skewed as far away from its roots as KIX had from metal. nuff said?
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 6
alucard0941
alucard0941
11/08/2006 4:22 am
Kanye is an asshole. Why would he do a thing like that. He doesnt even portray himself as a thug, but rather some guy full of BS who spends millions of dollars on Jesus paintings and flaunting his faith with money...

Some man of character... :rolleyes:
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 7
earthman buck
earthman buck
11/08/2006 8:13 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccIf I see you put rap and RATM in the same sentence again..you will be shot, hung, drawn and quatered. :rolleyes:

Ok, here's a sample of the lyrics from "Wake Up":

Yeah!
Yeah, back in this...
Wit' poetry, my mind I flex
Flip like Wilson, vocals never lackin' dat finesse

Come on now. That's rap.
# 8
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
11/08/2006 10:37 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplaya, but unfortunately, that's exactly how most rappers are now days.... in it for the fame and fortune only.

Dont forget the assssss!

If I see you put rap and RATM in the same sentence again..you will be shot, hung, drawn and quatered.

^^^^^You my son are guilty of it as well. ^^^^^

Rage against the machine is rap!! BAHAHAHA!
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 9
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/08/2006 10:47 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckOk, here's a sample of the lyrics from "Wake Up":

Yeah!
Yeah, back in this...
Wit' poetry, my mind I flex
Flip like Wilson, vocals never lackin' dat finesse

Come on now. That's rap.

The way I see it, you can't focus on one aspect of a song to determine a genre. For instance, guys singing like girls isn't the only thing that makes emo emo, like Bullet for MY Valentine, some of they're vocals sound a little emo, but they are in no way an emo band. Some of Rage's vocals come off rap like, and they even had B Real and whats his face come on stage and help them sing How I Could Just Kill a Man (since they did cover Cypress Hill), but I don't think anyone should consider them rap from the rocking guitars and sweet bass lines (even though most rap is bass lines.) Like the song Bullet in the Head, that song's guitar riffs are 100% rock oriented. One time when I was shootong pool a few "gangsta's" came in and said "hurry up and put rap on before someone puts on that rock s***'' (reffering to the juke box.) After they got done picking their stuff, I put on some Rage and they were freaking out cause someone put on rock. Most people who listen to rap focus on vocals, but they wanted nothing to do with it.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 10
pure
pure
11/09/2006 12:27 am
i have to say a persons personality shouldnt take away from his art.

kanye may have acted like an asshole, but you can't say he's not a good writer. some of his lyrics (from songs NOT on tv or radio) are really good but aren't hip enough to appeal to teens (the music industry's biggest target).

just take "roses" for an example.. and im sorry if anything's inappropriate in here..

I know it's past visiting hours
But can I please give her these flowers
The doctor dont wanna take procedures
He claimed my heart can't take the anastesia
It'll send her body into a seizure

Remember when I was nine?
Tell her everything gone be fine?
But i'd be lying, the family crying
They want her to live, and she trying
I'm argueing like what kind of doctor can we fly in

You know the best medicine go to people thats paid,
If Magic Johnson got a cure for A.I.D.'s
And all the broke muthaf*&$%#s past away
You tellin me if my grandma was in the N.B.A.
Right now she'd be ok?

those are some good lyrics.

and please dont associate bad behavior with rap cause i know many non-rap based groups who do some bad stuff offstage.

and rap is a totally different type of music. it isn't meant to be analyzed. there is no secret technique to it. and in most cases there is no careful song structure with many different instruments or anything like that. its just some beats layed down on some tracks and some people talking poetry over it. its just something you hate it or love it.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 11
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
11/09/2006 2:18 am
Originally Posted by: purei have to say a persons personality shouldnt take away from his art.

kanye may have acted like an asshole, but you can't say he's not a good writer. some of his lyrics (from songs NOT on tv or radio) are really good but aren't hip enough to appeal to teens (the music industry's biggest target).

just take "roses" for an example.. and im sorry if anything's inappropriate in here..

I know it's past visiting hours
But can I please give her these flowers
The doctor dont wanna take procedures
He claimed my heart can't take the anastesia
It'll send her body into a seizure

Remember when I was nine?
Tell her everything gone be fine?
But i'd be lying, the family crying
They want her to live, and she trying
I'm argueing like what kind of doctor can we fly in

You know the best medicine go to people thats paid,
If Magic Johnson got a cure for A.I.D.'s
And all the broke muthaf*&$%#s past away
You tellin me if my grandma was in the N.B.A.
Right now she'd be ok?

those are some good lyrics.

that is the friggin' worst "poetry" i have ever read
so bad, it hurt my head

word :cool:
# 12
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
11/09/2006 2:42 am
I'm sorry but i would have to agree with z0s0_jp.. Can't say that appealed to me whatsoever.

and I guess Faith Hill now falls into the sore loser category as well.. what is happening that people can't keep their composure. Although she wasn't as bad as Kanye still not very respectful of her peers. And she says she was joking.. sure didn't look like it to me.. lol
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 13
pure
pure
11/09/2006 3:56 am
those are just words. if you read em its not the same as hearin him sayin em cause he says em with a certain accent. and its not always about the poetry, its about what the song means to the person who wrote it.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 14
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
11/09/2006 5:59 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneI agree... because if that was the case, then Guns N Roses would be the most invalid band ever! Or at least on of them. I mean look at Axl Rose's infamous behavior...

well put P1....but John Wayne Gacy clown paintings :eek: creep me out

# 15
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/09/2006 6:22 am
Damn pure, those "lyrics" or "poetry", whatever you want to call them, just made me get a little sick at my stomach, and if I had heard them be "sung" I probably would have puked on myself. :rolleyes:

If a song has rap "vocals" and rock guitars, what should it be called? Whatever it is, that's what RATM was. And while we're at it, what makes a rock song a rock song, and a rap song a rap song? Is it the vocals, or the music? If it's the vocals, then RATM is rap... if it's the music, then a lot of "rap" could be concidered rock. So, answere that question.... what is the defining part of a song that places it into a certain genre?

(mad props to you marcos for mentioning BT&H! [one of the extreme few rap groups I can listen to])
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 16

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.